Fastest Way to increase Blacksmithing skill?

General Discussion
I assume the fastest way is to craft the Highest/Best possible gear and you get a massive amount of skill points?

I am trying to do this for a Orc Prot Warrior.
I mean there are guides all over the internet...
05/16/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Motav
I mean there are guides all over the internet...

Well the Orc is already in a Guild, what do I have to do with a Guild?
I hate professions so much this expansion that i levelled them almost exclusively through the DMF monthly +5 skill point quests, very slow i know but i just cant be bothered doing a bunch of quests/dungeons/pray for rare spawn drop crap to get all of the ranks.
I used the wow dash professions guide. E z p z
Darkmoon Faire is good. Once you get to Legion get the Demonsteel Greaves. Rank up to level 2 by buying it from the Mining chick over in Suramar. Rank 3 with Exalted Valarjar. Rank 3 will give you 5 points per craft up to 800.

Don't do what I did and forget that Rank 3 exists and craft 40 or so Rank 1 Greaves trying to get the final 5 points of Blacksmithing. Although they did sell good on the AH...
Craft orange patterns with bonus skill ups. You need exalted with Highmountain and Stormheim for most of the level 3 patterns from memory, which are required to get the last 10-15 points.
05/16/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Grymauch
Darkmoon Faire is good. Once you get to Legion get the Demonsteel Greaves. Rank up to level 2 by buying it from the Mining chick over in Suramar. Rank 3 with Exalted Valarjar. Rank 3 will give you 5 points per craft up to 800.

Don't do what I did and forget that Rank 3 exists and craft 40 or so Rank 1 Greaves trying to get the final 5 points of Blacksmithing. Although they did sell good on the AH...

I just want to get my skill to craft Cata level gear, because I am farming a Cata Plate Legs that either I get it by killing a boss in Bardian Hold or get the Blacksmithing plans that drops in Dragon Soul.
You need to do a bunch of questing, it's like three dozen quests to unlock demon steel bars and the forge in highmountain.

Buy a couple thousand Leystone Ore. Make Leystone Waists until they stop giving skill ups. This is a *lot* of them. Then make Demonsteel Bars, then Demonsteel Waistguards (rank 3, waists being the easiest rank 3 plan to get - rank 1 is sold by the vendor near Meredil in Suramar, rank 2 is given to you by the Tauren Blacksmith at the forge in Highmountain, and rank 3 is bought in the Underbelly of Dalaran for a few hundred sightless eyes and maybe some gold). You also need to farm up a few (like 20ish) Bloods of Sargeras for making the Demonsteel Waistguards.

AFAIK, doing all that, as long as it seems, is the quickest way. Or you could just wait for 13 years and some odd months of DMFs XD
From level 1? 3900 Blackrock ore or True Iron ore and just make one item til like 650.

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-blacksmithing-guide.html#draenor
05/16/2017 06:38 PMPosted by Argronak
05/16/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Grymauch

I just want to get my skill to craft Cata level gear, because I am farming a Cata Plate Legs that either I get it by killing a boss in Bardian Hold or get the Blacksmithing plans that drops in Dragon Soul.

In that case, easiest and perhaps still cheapest would probably be to kill stuff in Draenor until the scroll drops for Draenor Blacksmithing, then make any of the stuff that gives 10 skill points per craft. The WoD ores are still like 2g each on my server, but you'll need quite a bit. Stop once you get to 525 BS.
05/16/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Eingar
From level 1? 3900 Blackrock ore or True Iron ore and just make one item til like 650.

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-blacksmithing-guide.html#draenor

Ironically, the best way to get that true iron ore is-- wait for it-- do your bloody Garrison. You get a ton of it and the Blackrock too just from the mine. A maxed out mine will supply rather a lot.

Or the AH, given the gold to spend.
I leveled as I went, but would recommend (as others have) WOD blacksmithing, then current.

edit: Think you can still do the MOP leveling patterns if you can get lots of Ghost Iron, but I'm too lazy to check.
05/16/2017 06:02 PMPosted by Argronak
I assume the fastest way is to craft the Highest/Best possible gear and you get a massive amount of skill points?

I am trying to do this for a Orc Prot Warrior.

Make all the orange things
Honestly, once you get to 795 just wait for the darkmoon faire. I wasted so many mats to get from 395-398 before I gave up and waited. On the bright side I got lots of obliterum from that.