This AK nerf is literally pointless.

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 55 Next
05/23/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Dagher
Oh snap. Looking forward to how the persecuted will twist the above blue post!

There's no need to twist it. The blue post states that AP rewards were increased before 7.2 launched, but players here have used these increased figures in their calculations to determine that AK 50 was needed for capping out Concordance.
Again notice the trend:

A blue makes a decision (a bad one at that with the AK nerf).

They don't dialog, but simply tell us, even if their logic is poor.

They send a CM in to try and do something, which just leads to more fall out because of how they treat a customer.

The community lashes out at the CM and then each other.

And there is silence from blizzard.

---

No one is there leading the children.
Armory trolling is the lowest form of debate, it's probably not out of the realm of expectations to hope the people in charge don't resort to lowest common denominator.
05/23/2017 11:57 AMPosted by Tharis
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That's a great attitude for someone just "doing their job". This is 100% bad PR and it makes Blizzard look worse when you make comments that directly attack a paying customer.

I thought it was funny as hell. People seem to have no qualms bashing and berating the devs, but HOLY HELL they better not dare say anything negative back.

its because the devs can hide behind their special account without having to show how much "content" they've done. It would be great to actually see how much content the dev's actually have done on their own time, just to gage how inline they are with the community when it comes to these things.

If you're gonna try to name and shame someone for them doing content they like then don't be afraid to show your own progress.
05/23/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Searik
05/23/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Ornyx
I assume you're trying to make a joke about content, because, looking at your Armory, it appears you've only engaged with about 25% of Legion.

While this is funny, its kind of generous to say Legion has a lot of content when it recycles it's own content more then cata recycled past villains.

If you look at that person's logs they have barely touched content. They can't even be called an LFR hero cause they haven't really touched it since EN.
05/23/2017 10:26 AMPosted by Celesteel
Why hasn't anyone else called out Ornyx, the Blizzard Community Manager, for flagrantly attacking another player? Customer service is all about respecting and valuing the customer, not bashing and ridiculing.

[quote]Posted by Ornyx
I assume you're trying to make a joke about content, because, looking at your Armory, it appears you've only engaged with about 25% of Legion.

I thought the Tea Goat was just channeling his inner tree form.

In fact, when I read that comment, it made me think of our long departed blue tree fellow.

/moo
05/23/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Raiyyn
AK is hardly a "set and forget" mechanic. It has to be checked every 4-1/2 days so another work order can be started. If you "forget it" you never pick up the work order that is ready so you can start a new one. I hate AK for this reason alone...it never leaves my mind... "Don't forget to check the AK timer." "Oh crap, my AK is finishing in the middle of raid! Now the next one will be behind." And more constant thought about AK.

That's not how the AK queue works.

Say you have 2 AK research in the queue. When the first one finishes, that's when the second research starts. You have 5 entire days to pick up the completed AK, use it, and add a new one to the queue before it gets behind.

The only reason to leave a raid to pick up a completed AK is so that the rest of the AP tokens from that raid will be worth more.

As long as you had a second AK in the queue, you do not have to leave any content to pick up AK so that your next AK will not be behind.
I'm still trying to understand the point in doing this concordance in the first place the way you did.

Firstly, the concordance is meaningless, in terms of DPS gain after actually getting it. For every point you put into it, it's roughly a +0.14% the stacking of it is pretty meaningless. so at 50 points you gain a total of 7% DPS or HPS. Seems pretty pointless to go after. Creating a system of an infinite paragon was pretty stupid to begin with, especially for again 7% gain.

In my personal opinion you're going to have probably less than 1k of the entire WoW population achieve this goal.

Lets play devils advocate here. Why in the first place did you create an unobtainable goal? In this game you're going to have completists attempting to go for this and ignore their "alts". Which as an anecdote the point of having something completable? So you feel that you've accomplished something so you can move onto the next?

Speaking from my personal experience, if I feel as though I've completed one portion of my druid, I will switch to the next (i.e. Resto or Guardian), whereas now, I feel obligated to push more content on my balance druid longer than intended because the AK is capped.

Either way, this is a lose lose situation Blizzard, and I'm sorry you're left to your own devices Ornyx, but take it from someone who diligently plays the content to it's fullest extent (Except WoD; those were dark times for WoW). I am unhappy about the AK nurf, and no amount of "Buffing the bonuses" will make up for it.
05/23/2017 11:56 AMPosted by Bearheart
05/23/2017 09:51 AMPosted by Ornyx
As she noted, this change is mainly aimed at increasing base Artifact Power gains instead of an over-reliance on Artifact Knowledge

That's not what you guys wrote in the patch notes at all though? And this isn't reflected in anything we've been doing in Legion, everything that we do all the time still gives the same amount of base AP.

So can you point out what you mean by this and please do not say the Elite Strike because that has been about .01% of my total acrued AP.

The gains in AP have had quite a few stealth changes since the patch hit. The first Elite missions themselves were worth far less AP than what they were the 2nd time around and what they are now.

There have been many increases since 7.2 launch and from late PTR changes.

Concordance 15 or 20, doesn't make much of a difference where the overall "realistic cap is". The lower ceiling with lower AK just means alts and new players have an easier time catching up and will be less behind. That's it.

For raiders this changes nothing. The AP "grind" was never really a thing since raiders worth their salt were going to have Concordance day 1 of Tomb anyway, even with casual play.
05/23/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Sharaeline
05/23/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Kimmiroa

Yah cause Ornyx just called out a person who complained and sarcastically asked what is he supposed to do without the AP grind and that person's info indicates they have 75% worth of content they could do. That poor person who has nothing to do got attacked so savagely.

For an MMO it shows that they are not really focused on feedback, and more on there internal numbers. Its not entirely about what was said, but how it was a response :P
Honestly i think it shows a lot.
It was a post that should have been ignored, Not responded too.

If you look at that guy's logs they have done up to EN content. leading up to NH there was a crap ton of content.

I agree that there is a lull between NH and ToS, but this guy in particular can't be made happy if he can't even bother to play the game.
05/23/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Tharis
05/23/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Raiyyn
Don't forget to check the AK timer." "Oh crap, my AK is finishing in the middle of raid! Now the next one will be behind."

That isn't how it works, unless you are queuing only 1 at a time, or waiting to pick up until both are ready.

You can pick up a ready AK, not start a new one until 10 minutes before your second completes, and the one you just started will start 10 minutes later.

I know that. But it doesn't feel that way...TO ME. I was only stating my opinion on perception...just like the person I responded to did.

However...

If you leave them both to fully complete the newly started two will have the 9 day timer whereas picking them up when they are ready (or before the 4-1/2 day timer, per runs out) keeps the timer clicking.

Regardless, my point still stands... If you just forget them you won't have that timer ticking. And leaving them sitting after they are ready "just because" means you're missing out on AP gains you could have gotten if you'd picked it up. Having one ready in the middle of raid and not being able to get it means there is a net loss to overall AP gain. So for anyone who has this odd misconception that AP is a "grind", AK is not something they would be able to comfortably "set and forget".

And I'm not even an "AP grind" beliver... There is no "AP grind", there never has been.

Honestly, I don't actually pay a ton of attention. I check on it just because I open the summary to check on other things. And I've never just left one to expire the full timer thus having to start over from nil. But it does bother me when one is ready and I'm unable to pick it up right then (such as being in raid when it happens).
That was a sick burn. I love it. We need more feisty CMs, not less. If you're going to make a snarky remark, don't cry when it's reciprocated.
I'm looking forward to the base AP going up instead of AK. Means that it can occur at the start of a week instead of a Monday night and no research needed, you just have it.
Chiming in to throw my support behind this change. Especially the change to compendiums. Really, anyone raging over this are literally mad about 0.15% increase in power with final trait. Get Rank 1 and you never have to worry about grinding AP again.
05/23/2017 11:56 AMPosted by Relena
05/23/2017 11:39 AMPosted by Beraht

#airhorn
#wowwink
#thuglife

*popcorn intensifies*

Someone gonna need some ice for that burn. Heck alert the burn ward, this is going to require major surgery.

I'm not at all embarrassed or ashamed of my Armory in any context Berith, thank you.

I honestly don't know why you're allowed to post anything.

Must eat you up inside that your safe space is being invaded by rational and factual discourse.

You gonna have to deal. Not everyone wants a watered down game that mails you everything for logging on. I'm allowed to post because you are too.

If I weren't, you wouldn't be either.

You gonna have to deal with the fact that you're not special.
05/23/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Galo
A blue makes a decision

Blues, or Community Managers, don't actually make these decisions. They are liaisons between the community and the developers. The fact that the Dev's also post in blue is irrelevant. In terms of these forums a "Blue" is a "Community Manager".

Perhaps Devs should post in fuchsia. Maybe then forum goers wouldn't confuse the two.
05/23/2017 11:56 AMPosted by Bearheart
05/23/2017 09:51 AMPosted by Ornyx
As she noted, this change is mainly aimed at increasing base Artifact Power gains instead of an over-reliance on Artifact Knowledge

That's not what you guys wrote in the patch notes at all though? And this isn't reflected in anything we've been doing in Legion, everything that we do all the time still gives the same amount of base AP.

So can you point out what you mean by this and please do not say the Elite Strike because that has been about .01% of my total acrued AP.

Also, as has been pointed out many times before when they first introduced the Elite Strike for AP, it is often far more efficient to not even run that mission but run the small AP missions instead. That is because in the same amount of calendar time, you can gain more AP for fewer resources from those smaller missions than that one big Elite Strike AP mission.

But I'm guessing that whoever developed the Elite Strike AP mission never bothered to do the math on whether it was really a bonus or not compared to doing the other normal AP missions. That's yet another example of looking at things purely from a dev perspective and being apparently unable to look at things from the player perspective.
05/23/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Dustyy
its because the devs can hide behind their special account without having to show how much "content" they've done. It would be great to actually see how much content the dev's actually have done on their own time, just to gage how inline they are with the community when it comes to these things.

More than most people probably, I mean there was a time where people found watchers character then bashed him because he was in a mythic raiding guild and playing resto etc. etc.

What I'm trying to say is even if it showed their character people would still bash on them and then send them in-game hate mail all the time.
05/23/2017 12:04 PMPosted by Kimmiroa
05/23/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Sharaeline
For an MMO it shows that they are not really focused on feedback, and more on there internal numbers. Its not entirely about what was said, but how it was a response :P
Honestly i think it shows a lot.
It was a post that should have been ignored, Not responded too.

If you look at that guy's logs they have done up to EN content. leading up to NH there was a crap ton of content.

I agree that there is a lull between NH and ToS, but this guy in particular can't be made happy if he can't even bother to play the game.
Playing what they want to as they go, It is a dark time when a MMO participation is judged that way.
Shows no confidence, and as above was said. The devs and blues hide behind there little Veil.

I thought it was funny as hell. People seem to have no qualms bashing and berating the devs, but HOLY HELL they better not dare say anything negative back.

If you're gonna try to name and shame someone for them doing content they like then don't be afraid to show your own progress.

You do realize Ornyx is not a developer for the game.. right?