How do I get a second Warlock artifact?

Customer Support
How do I get my second artifact for my Warlock? He is a level 110 Warlock, completed Pathfinder Part 1 and working on Part 2. His first artifact appears to be bumped up as high as it can go. I'm banking artifact power like crazy and reluctant to sell it if I may need it.
There should be a guy in your class hall that starts you on your way. Look it up on wowhead.com
if you are talking about your posting character you need to unlock the new traits. there should be a quest on the broken shore to start that chain.

this is the start http://www.wowhead.com/quest=46765

and here is a guide http://www.wowhead.com/empowered-artifact-traits-in-patch-7-2
05/11/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Thundertotem
There should be a guy in your class hall that starts you on your way. Look it up on wowhead.com

This. The same guy who gave you the first quest. Look for the orange ! in the order hall.
Thanks. Early on the guy was in the class hall, but I figured I'd learn how to use the first weapon before getting a second one. Now my first on is fully bump +20 and I can't put any more artifact power on it. I have 30+ artifact power in the bank. I tried to even talk to everyone in the class hall, but nothing.
I figure one option is to just sell the 30 to 40 million artifact power and keep going with what I have, but I read earlier there is a benefit to ramping up the second one.
05/11/2017 01:39 PMPosted by Biggage
Thanks. Early on the guy was in the class hall, but I figured I'd learn how to use the first weapon before getting a second one. Now my first on is fully bump +20 and I can't put any more artifact power on it. I have 30+ artifact power in the bank. I tried to even talk to everyone in the class hall, but nothing.

hmmm.. it should be the guy near where you put in artifact power to your weapon.. I assume you mean you have like the demo one and want to get the affliction one now.

If it's not there I would assume you've already picked it up but stopped tracking it.

Press L
Look for Artifact or Class on the right side list
Click it, track and complete all the quests
05/11/2017 06:10 AMPosted by Biggage
How do I get my second artifact for my Warlock?

You have run into a fairly common situation, Biggage. It looks like you started the questline at some point and then stopped before completing it.

I usually will recommend for anyone having trouble finding a quest for one of the Artifact Weapons is to look up the weapon individually and look at the chain to figure out where they may have left off.

You can usually look at the map to see if there is an exclamation point for you in that area.

Ulthalesh, the Deadwind Harvester
Skull of the Man'ari
Scepter of Sargeras

In your case you completed Finding the Scepter, which led you to Western Plaguelands and Caer Darrow where Calydus was waiting for you. He has your next quest: An Eye for a Scepter.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
05/11/2017 06:10 AMPosted by Biggage
I'm banking artifact power like crazy and reluctant to sell it if I may need it.
This doesn't answer your question but you are mistaken if you believe you don't have a use for your ap, have you unlocked your new traits on the broken shore?

You can put more AP into your weapon after doing the Broken Shore questline, it opens up new traits in your weapon.
05/12/2017 07:20 AMPosted by Dinosawr

You can put more AP into your weapon after doing the Broken Shore questline, it opens up new traits in your weapon.

But it can't be with any of the 30+ consumables, since they become obsolete to that particular Artifact upon empowerment.
if they were earned after 7.2 then yes he can, only ones earned before 7.2 have to be used on a non-empowered weapon.
Thanks everyone, especially Vrakthris. I completed the quest chain and got the Scepter of Sargeras Staff. When I returned to the order hall I competed the quest and was asked if I wished to change to an Affliction Warlock. I said yes having not noticed the staff was intended for a Destruction warlock. The change was made and I discovered I have no weapons I can use now and can't switch back to my original Affliction warlock. Any suggestions other than to pay attention next time?
OOOps, I couldn't switch back to my original Demonology Warlock. Ideas?
have you switched your spec back to Demo? you can not equip the Demo weapon if not in that spec.
The quest you just picked up, that asked you if you wanted to change to an affliction warlock, is for your affliction weapon, why don't you just go complete that now and get it out of the way?

Barring that, if you drop the quest you should be able to change specs with no problem as well I would think.
If your order hall is anything like other order halls, you'll also be able to purchase weapons for all specs there... I believe they were included so that you won't be weaponless if attempting to complete an artifact quest you're not usually specced for.

Just in case you have to complete part of the quests in actual Affliction spec.