What's your favorite spec this expansion?

General Discussion
05/14/2017 12:41 AMPosted by Weezlpleezr
If you like topping the meters in most groups and a chaotic rotation, I suggest Unholy DK.

Wat.

Unholy is just... no.
Its literally the worst spec in the game at the moment damage and rotation wise.

There is a reason why 99% of DKs are Frost.
05/14/2017 03:40 AMPosted by Calrissian
I've really been enjoying Outlaw and fury tbh,

What do you enjoy about Outlaw?

05/14/2017 03:44 AMPosted by Tsuraisha
Unholy is just... no.
Its literally the worst spec in the game at the moment damage and rotation wise.

There is a reason why 99% of DKs are Frost.

Are you sure it's not just because of the damage? I haven't played much Unholy myself but the rotation seems like fun.
Elemental Shaman.

Ranged, nice AOE damage and stuns for M+, short-cooldown ranged interrupt, and more mobile than it was last time around.

It can struggle a bit with high-movement single target fights, (although learning to play Icefury can help) but shooting lightning and fire at things is always fun in my book, and I really enjoy the rotation and animations.
Spriest.

Super fun, plus best artifact in the game imo.
Enh shamans are fun, have a lot of utility with short cd stun, dispel, some really decent survivability as well.

Dps isn't going to raise any eyebrows but you can get stuff done with the right legendaries. I've heard fury is much like enh but better dps overall, but less survivability.
Havoc demon hunters are fantastic. The mobility, animations, damage, and survivability are sufficient and wonderful.

Otherwise, I would recommend Fury, Outlaw, or Survival.
I had a surprising amount of fun with my Aff Lock in Legion.
Boom Boom Boom heyo heyo.
to paraphrase Good Morning Vietnam....

PLAY ANYTHING! JUST PLAY IT TANK! OK?

Prot pally main. Prot Warrior, Blood DK, Bear, Vengeance DH. If Pally wasn't my eternal main I reckon I'd go the warrior as my pick of Legion so far. Though my Bear is only newly 110 and I hear they are OP so i'm looking forward to getting him geared.
I really like WW monk, but I always feel like I am missing a filler skill that doesn't consume chi.
Enhance Shammy

Every time you hit a button, some wild elements thrash around chaotically and the sounds crash about constantly.

As far as utility, you've got Bloodlust, an AoE stun totem, and a group speed-boost totem.

For rotation, you're just mashing different buttons all the time, a la Whack-a-mole. Enhance has always been that way, they just made it flow better and gave it a more interesting theme in Legion.
Elemental Shaman
I don't do the whole FotM/expac thing.

Holy Paladin, all the time, since Cata. No exceptions. Ever.
05/14/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Szavetra
Enhance Shammy

Every time you hit a button, some wild elements thrash around chaotically and the sounds crash about constantly.

As far as utility, you've got Bloodlust, an AoE stun totem, and a group speed-boost totem.

For rotation, you're just mashing different buttons all the time, a la Whack-a-mole. Enhance has always been that way, they just made it flow better and gave it a more interesting theme in Legion.

I agree, I've not played enhance until Legion came out because elemental was just so god awful for trying to kill world mobs. Switched to enhance and even though I like the sword/board style look more, enhance is pretty fluid in its' rotation, which can't be said about other clunky specs they've tried to fix over the past 3ish years
Fury's in the best state it's ever been. It's a fluid, fun spec, easy to pick up but with enough nuances to make it interesting to play. Visually it's also great, with all the over-the-top animations a berserker requires. Also shouting. Loads and loads of glorious shouting. And it's performing very well right now too.

I've also grown fond of Havoc, Vengeance, Demonology, Elemental and Resto Shammy.
Reading all this praise about warriors makes me consider finally having one.

I just wish I could learn to enjoy being a DPS or a Tank. Until then, I'll be forever bound to the healing specs :/
Havoc, survival, outlaw and enhancement.
Any question like this is gonna give you biased answers.

That said, I personally enjoy Frost DK, or else I wouldn't play it. I also like Fury Warrior and Fire Mage quite a bit.
Beast Mastery Hunter. It is pretty chill and easy.
Fury warrior is almost perfect. If it wasn't for the stupid damage taken debuff, it might be my favorite spec of all time.

Unholy dk is also almost perfect. Sometimes I feel like there's a bit too much downtime over long fights. If it was a bit more fast paced I would be in love with it.

Feral druid is also epic as long as you don't want to do any mythic raids or +dungeons. Bloodtalons turns feral from a fun spec into a boring, clunky mess, and it's absolutely mandatory for high end content.

Former specs I leveled but I can't stand anymore:

Ret paladin. It's just slow and clunky and has zero good animations. Plus armored cows in the class hall...i just can't get over that silliness.

Arcane mage: really bad for questing and leveling. New arcane blast cost completely kills the rotation.

Frost mage: not nearly enough procs. I find myself casting Frostbolt over and over. I'm pretty low geared on this one though.