Mobs Item lvl Scaling is unenjoyable!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Blizzard got what they wanted all along. Lets say the ideal level of mob scaling is x.

Blizzard wants X in the game, so they implemented X times 4, knowing it would cause backlash. When that happened they lowered it back down to X, calming some of the ragers, but still getting what they wanted and implementing a system nobody wanted.
05/22/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Antiquated
My only gripe with this whole scaling thing is being a brand new 110.
My 1st 110 was my rogue, and at 109 I was going around just smashing stuff, the whole leveling groove you get going. I'm in high mountain when I ding 110 in the middle of a quest. "YAY, grats"! Continue to kill the same mobs I was just killing and I get roflstomped.
Even now with the scaling to gear I still get beat on after immediately hitting 110, but it's short lived at any rate.

Ilvl scaling doesnt occur until ilvl 850.
Mobs scale ? I didn't notice.
Im still nuking stuff....sooo.

:D
My 1st 110 was my rogue, and at 109 I was going around just smashing stuff, the whole leveling groove you get going. I'm in high mountain when I ding 110 in the middle of a quest. "YAY, grats"! Continue to kill the same mobs I was just killing and I get roflstomped.
Even now with the scaling to gear I still get beat on after immediately hitting 110, but it's short lived at any rate.

Last I checked item level scaling doesn't start till item level 850...

Also @OP I have not been affected by item level scaling. First iteration meh, 2nd iteration I can barely tell it's there. The enemies' health gets increased and that's it. It's mostly so it takes you 2 seconds vs 1 or less to kill something.

This was done in response to the "all the mobs are dieing to fast complaints. Iteration 2 of item level scaling was in response to "I am dieing to mobs" cries.

It's at a good spot where people can tag enemies before they die and it only takes a few seconds to kill mobs. And it gets easier the higher your item level is, not harder... (I have an easier time on my main than my alts).

Were people really complaining that much about mobs dieing too fast? I don't remember that.
Alas it seems most of the people who truly cared have sub lapsed. Now the "feedback" will reflect the opinion this doesn't matter, because for most people that it did matter for, they have quit already.

30%+ more hp on every mob is very noticeable, especially on rare elites.

05/22/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Cery

Were people really complaining that much about mobs dieing too fast? I don't remember that.

It can be an issue when quest areas are not designed with sufficient mob density and respawn rates, or for newer players who try to use 3 second windup spells instead of instants to get taps on the mobs before they die.

It was a minor issue, but ruining power progression is NOT the correct solution here.
Honestly mob scaling is not even close to an issue. I do most of my questing in a healing spec and almost all non elites die in 3 gcds and i'm at a 905 ilvl. Mobs definitely die much faster than they did when I was a lower ilvl.
Not really noticeable, tbh.
05/22/2017 05:24 AMPosted by Atuke
Now i'm 897, not that much higher but the Bosses now have jumped 10-20 million in health and hit for far more damage then previously, its almost reverse logic here, I am getting more powerful and becoming WEAKER!

There is one rare (the little guys that spawn where the demon heads are...I would hardly call them "bosses") on The Broken Shore that I can't solo at a similar iLvl as a clothie. I think you're probably doing something wrong.
05/22/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Beraht
Mobs scale ? I didn't notice.

No kidding. Even on my alts that aren't geared at all I don't see the issue here.
05/22/2017 10:28 AMPosted by Gigabear
Alas it seems most of the people who truly cared have sub lapsed. Now the "feedback" will reflect the opinion this doesn't matter, because for most people that it did matter for, they have quit already.

To who ?

30%+ more HP on every mob doesn't mean much when I do 200% more DPS.
05/22/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Kimmiroa

Last I checked item level scaling doesn't start till item level 850...

Also @OP I have not been affected by item level scaling. First iteration meh, 2nd iteration I can barely tell it's there. The enemies' health gets increased and that's it. It's mostly so it takes you 2 seconds vs 1 or less to kill something.

This was done in response to the "all the mobs are dieing to fast complaints. Iteration 2 of item level scaling was in response to "I am dieing to mobs" cries.

It's at a good spot where people can tag enemies before they die and it only takes a few seconds to kill mobs. And it gets easier the higher your item level is, not harder... (I have an easier time on my main than my alts).

I don't know man...Maybe Druids are to powerful? Wink wink

Anyway as an MM Hunter I feel it hard and see it, you're 3 ilvls above me so?

Broken Aisle bosses used to have 30 million hp, now they have 56-64 million and hit me way harder!
Honestly being able solo tank "elite" bosses was kind of lame im actually glad to see the Broken Shore making that almost impossible.

Accepting help, even cross faction, is as it should be in some cases.
05/22/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Beraht

To who ?

Really I'll meet you in BA tonight I wanna see you solo the Rare Elites as ret!
05/22/2017 10:49 AMPosted by Atuke
<span class="truncated">...</span>

To who ?

Really I'll meet you in BA tonight I wanna see you solo the Rare Elites as ret!

These mobs aren't meant to be easily soloable in the first place (not that its undoable if you know what you're doing).

The game is still in an MMORPG. Grouping up tends to be needed sometimes, which can be done in a completely automated and effortless fashion through addons such as WQ Group Finder.

So what's the problem?
Alas it seems most of the people who truly cared have sub lapsed.

I think its just that these people got over their reactive tantrum, played the game, and realized it wasn't a big deal.
level scaling is boring anyways. There is no progression when you level because everything else is leveling with you.
as long as they don't have gear scaling, and I can actually feel powerful (yes, I want to one shot a same level murloc, like in the video), also, farm mobs, then it's not too bad.
05/22/2017 05:24 AMPosted by Atuke
I level up fighting same level mobs to get gear to become more powerful to get better abilities to enable me to fight even bigger badder MoBs, so that when i get to end game the MoB are scaled to me??????????

When I got to Broken Aisle I was 870ish ilvl I would solo the Bosses with my pet and be on my way. It wasn't easy it took time some skill keeping my pet healed and some tactics avoiding surrounding area mobs....

Now i'm 897, not that much higher but the Bosses now have jumped 10-20 million in health and hit for far more damage then previously, its almost reverse logic here, I am getting more powerful and becoming WEAKER!

Dude, seriously...at 909 ilvl....everything still falls over. I haven't noticed any difference. Everything dies quick. lol
05/22/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Gigabear
A few months later, this "feature" is just as reviled as ever before. Why is this still a thing?

lol....who the hell even notices it? Everything everywhere rolls over. I can solo those "big bag" bosses with 80 million health, lol
Then everything else you see that has 8, 13, 20 million health is a joke too.