Blizzard and professionalism

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
05/23/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Ornyx
I assume you're trying to make a joke about content, because, looking at your Armory, it appears you've only engaged with about 25% of Legion.

Blizzard just lost 3 subs due to this comment. That comment wasn't directed at me but I would rather give my money to a company that upholds itself to a higher standard.

This was, by far, the most inappropriate and unprofessional comment I have ever seen a Blizzard employee make. There are players here who have legitimate concerns regarding the game and most of these concerns could be washed away by simply communicating with the subscribers. Instead of giving actual discussion Blizzard decides to armory shame a subscriber. The community managers are the face of Blizzard to us, the subscribers, since we don't have open communication with the actual developers. It's no wonder the community and server communities have gone down the toilet when there are Blizzard employees who shame paying subscribers on their own official forum.

Anyways, I do hope that the remaining players enjoy their time here. gg I guess.
i found it funny.

armory burn by cm.

don't be so sensitive.
Got to admit - that comment definitely made me feel that my posts aren't valued - no matter how cogent, reasonable and applicable they might be - unless I have the "right" amount of achieves, raid bosses, etc.
I'm not unsubbing over it - but I agree it was unprofessional.
If that harmless comment triggered you or anyone you know be thankful you weren't here when Ghostcrawler was around.

Ornyx merely stated that there are other things to do besides grind AP. A person replies saying there isn't. Ornyx informed said person that he/she hasn't done close to half of Legion's current content.
Honestly, they way the Blues are responded to on here, it was only a matter of time before one snarked back. Very mildly as well.
That is nothing. Tigole (Jeff Kaplan), the lead designer in Vanilla and Burning Crusade would have told them to get geared and learn to play. In the context, he was right.

Ornyx is likely saying you can't complain about nothing to do when you haven't done anything. Is Blizzard not allowed to be honest?
05/23/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Taldraen
That comment wasn't directed at me but I would rather give my money to a company that upholds itself to a higher standard.

Not sure who that'd be, but you do you, OP.
I agree, that WAS uncalled for. (Edited to correct an oversight.)
inappropriate and unprofessional comment

It was simply a fact.
Since when did stating facts become something unprofessional or inappropriate?
I get it. You feel it's your right to whine and complain and directly insult the developers about their job and the amount of content in the game, but the moment they say something back it's all bad and horrible.
I agree, that WAS uncalled for. ... Was he saying this to you or someone you know?

Nah, OP just wanted some attention and thinks that quitting posts ever make a difference.

(They don't. All they do is get locked, deleted, and people move on.)

Reality is that we're a small wave in a big pond. The forums are a super small subset of the wow community. Pretty much all of us could quit and it would barely be a drop in the bucket.
05/23/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Whitecrow
inappropriate and unprofessional comment

It was simply a fact.
Since when did stating facts become something unprofessional or inappropriate?

Fact <> rudeness. He was obviously saying it to be a jerk, a common thought when you think of blues.
Unprofessional to call out someone who comments on an aspect of the game he/she did not play?

I'd tell you PVP balance is fine but if you head up the armory and see that I have 0 achievements in PVP, you'd know that what I'm saying is bull!@#$ and you deserve every right in the world to call me out.
05/23/2017 05:31 PMPosted by Fairaday
Got to admit - that comment definitely made me feel that my posts aren't valued - no matter how cogent, reasonable and applicable they might be - unless I have the "right" amount of achieves, raid bosses, etc.
I'm not unsubbing over it - but I agree it was unprofessional.

Something... something... something about CMs being people too... something... something about CMs able to view total posting history of the op.... and something else.
Wellp. I'm not trying to suck up to the status quo, but if there's one thing Legion isn't lacking, it's content.

Some is grindy, and I'm not keen on alts, or grinding AP, but the comment wasn't abusive, it just seemed to be stating a fact.

Facts trigger people now though.

...so, I expect a downvote from the OP. Or else I'll be triggered.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754896985?page=10#post-197

It was me he responded to and his comment didn't bother me honestly.

I'm pretty sure I've seen more than a quarter of Legion anyway, so it's a moot point.
People today are so sensitive it sickens me.