M+ BiS and Talents

Rogue
What legendaries are bis and what talents are the best for M+? This is for sin.
shoulders +cape/ring. I usually run with night stalker and alacrity
05/27/2017 09:07 PMPosted by Bclmj
shoulders +cape/ring. I usually run with night stalker and alacrity

Definitely don't run Alacrity not to mention to reach maximum Alacrity as Sin is miserable, there's seriously no point, DP for trash and just swap to AP before a boss pull, especially in higher M+, when bosses tend to live long, DP is terrible for ST dps, you make plenty of energy via, shoulders/FoK and rupturing everything, especially if they die.

I really don't like the cape, feel like it's pointless, especially if there's a constant influx of mobs and you're spamming FoK(With DP and Envenom buff it's pretty awesome damage), for this reason, I toy around between KJBW and Ring(which does nothing for FoK spam).

Subterfuge is strong with cleaving Garrotes for the increase damage and energy regen, but not sure how worth it, it is in low M+
I was switching between Deadly and Agonizing poison which did help. I have cap, ring and just got bracers as well. Cape is alright for a little bump at the start of a trash pack and maybe if the pack lives long it is nice to let it build and hit again later. Haven't run with the ring in a while, maybe I should. Was thinking about messing with bracers and shoulders some, maybe skipping on boots for the whole instance. I used to switch sets from Shoulder+Cloak for trash and Shoulder+Boots for boss.
Alacrity is perfectly fine and will perform well with shoulders/bracers, especially in higher end +. The only exception to this is the 3td affix for bosses increase health and damage, then ideally you should be running AP for bosses and DP on trash with boots/shoulders.
I'm going to do a +6 with shoulder/bracers and switching from DP on trash to AP on bosses, see how that feels.
05/28/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Diusus
Alacrity is perfectly fine and will perform well with shoulders/bracers, especially in higher end +. The only exception to this is the 3td affix for bosses increase health and damage, then ideally you should be running AP for bosses and DP on trash with boots/shoulders.

Why on earth would you run boots on trash? it does nothing, vendetta is such a short cooldown, it should constantly be up for bosses, trash shouldn't live long enough to really use it also.

There is no reason to not run AP, Alacrity is an awful talent for sin and AP far makes up for it on bosses, nothing wrong with switching to DP for trash.

I'd much rather do 2mil dps on a boss than peak at 1mil - 1.2m
I run subterfuge with shoulders/bracers. I agree with what's already been posted..alacrity isn't necessary, if you maintain your bleeds on multiple targets energy regen is easy. Also, poisons are so quick to apply there's no reason to not switch to AP for bosses
05/28/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Drgreghouse
05/28/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Diusus

Why on earth would you run boots on trash? it does nothing, vendetta is such a short cooldown, it should constantly be up for bosses, trash shouldn't live long enough to really use it also.

There is no reason to not run AP, Alacrity is an awful talent for sin and AP far makes up for it on bosses, nothing wrong with switching to DP for trash.

I'd much rather do 2mil dps on a boss than peak at 1mil - 1.2m

Man I've got some work to do in terms of 2mil on a boss, I'm only 904 equipped and can normally keep about 1mil up on a boss for the full fight, but nothing close to 2mil.
thanks for the tips guys, I only have boots so I need to farm more legendaries T_T
Shoulders/Cape for trash
Deadly poison on trash, fan of knives spam, rupture everything, vanish envenom.
agonizing poison on boss and switch to Shoulders and either wrist or boots as the 2nd legendary.
if it is a fortified enrage bursting week which is completely trash related you could go alacrity deadly poison and shoulder/wrist for the entire thing but generally its a better idea to be agonizing boss deadly trash.
1) Shoulders/Wrists on trash and Gear swap to Shoulders/Boots on boss (Only if your in a higher Mythic + where the boss doesn't die quickly). In lower Mythic + Run Shoulders/Wrists the entire way through.

2) The swap between Alacrity and AP is minuscule overall, especially if bosses are dying fast. AP does typically come out on top in ST, but not trash. I will say this, if your tank is pulling fast you will end up losing overall dps swapping poison mid trash pull every time. It is easier to just go Alacrity the entire way through. Gear swapping and Poison swapping can be a pain.

FYI getting Max Alacrity stacks is easy, and keeping them up is even easier in a Mythic + environment. I have no idea what the Lock who's i'm guessing mains a Rogue is saying. From mob to mob your putting up bleeds and spamming FOK consistently. In short every-time you Hit FOK and get 5 combo points you auto get a stack of Alacrity (20% per combo point, 5 combo equals 100%). And it stays for 20 seconds, 1 FOK and a Rupture takes less that 3 seconds giving you an extra stack and refreshing buff. With a good team you will have Alacrity up 100% throughout the entire instance, and that's without even trying.

3) Talents should be the following : 1/2/3/3/1/1 or 2/ 1
Master Poisoner
Subterfuge
Vigor
Cheat Death/ Elusiveness
Thuggee
Agonizing Poising/ Alacrity (Alacrity overall easier to use)
Venom Rush
Huh maybe I need to run Subterfuge instead of Nightstalker then. I'm pretty much stuck about 650-700k on any M+ I do, for combined overall DPS. I'm running Shoulder/Bracer (rarely bother to switch to Shoulder/Boot). I was trying to keep up switching from Agonizing on bosses and Deadly on trash, but maybe I'll just go with Alacrity and Deadly Poison for the full run and see how that goes.