Pathfinder has ruined the game.

General Discussion
05/26/2017 08:38 AMPosted by Crozby
The option to delete is not there, I tried. This may be because people already Liked or Dis-liked the post. But I cannot.

That might be it, could be a bug too, what about the edit option?

05/26/2017 09:18 AMPosted by Brockthorn
The fact that a returning player can have flying within a couple of weeks of hitting 110 is effectively a catchup mechanism. It took most of us over 6 months to get flight after we hit 110, because Legion flight wasn't in the game.

Also, being able to wear iLevel 880 catchup gear must help with some of the quests in Suramar City. Returning players are far better geared than my main was when she did those quests.

It's aready a lot easier and much, much quicker for returning players to get flight in Legion than it was for us. And isn't that what a catchup mechanism is supposed to do - make something easier & quicker?

BTW, the reason it took us longer isn't because we were lazy or because we dragged our feet on the achieve (although no doubt many players did). It's because we had to wait for the 7.2 patch.

Longer than it took in WOD and much longer than it took in all previous xpacs.
Next one might take a year..pathfinder 1, 2 and 3.

Warlords released November 13, 2014. Patch 6.2.2 unlocked flying and was released September 1, 2015

Thats 10 months.....how is that longer than 6 months for Legion flying again?
05/26/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Crozby
It took a long time because we needed to wait for released content... but not because it was overwhelmingly time-consuming to do those pieces of content.

Don't forget though that in the beginning we were able to farm a good number of war supplies to get rep. I was able to easily get 300-400 with a few laps around BS..more if I stayed to farm after doing the WQ there.
Then they nerfed it big time and that hurt a lot of players just coming to BS.
05/26/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Vaedris
Warlords released November 13, 2014. Patch 6.2.2 unlocked flying and was released September 1, 2015

Thats 10 months.....how is that longer than 6 months for Legion flying again?

On the bright side that puts flying in the next expansions at like 3 or 4 months if they keep following the pattern.
just found out, huh? where you been?
If you don't want to do it, don't. I've personally said !@#$ it, i don't enjoy questing enough to get through the suramar quest line after I've finished lvling my chars. Hell I can't barely lvl a dps char anymore because i can't spam dungeons. So I made the decision to just put up w/ it. Ground mounts arn't so bad, everything seems a lot closer to everything else in this xpac. Broken shores is a %^-*! w/o it tho.
Pathfinder made this game better. I get to see everything from a different angle and WoW journeys are much easier and more enjoyable.
05/25/2017 06:40 PMPosted by Byyron
I just found out you need exalted with Nightfallen just to get flying, a basic feature that's been in the game for over a decade now. Why is a basic feature locked behind exalted anything?

Flying in Legion zones is a basic feature that's been in the game for over a decade?

Or did you mean that you need exalted with Nightfallen to fly anywhere other than Legion zones?

Both statements are, of course, false, so it looks like there's no problem. Either meet the requirements to unlock Legion flying, or don't. It really doesn't matter to anyone but you.
OP everyone has already done this a long time ago. Tough luck.
05/26/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Brockthorn
05/26/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Brahmina
While I'm not crazy about all the particular requirements of Pathfinder, and I really didn't like that it was in two parts, I love the concept of doing a meta-achieve that unlocks flying on all my characters for FREE.

As far as I'm concerned, Pathfinder saved the game.

I prefer just paying 5000 gold once I hit level cap.

^ Same as Brockthorn. As someone who has a main and one semi-serious alt, pathfinder does nothing for me except make me mad, because in order to get to the parts of the game I enjoy, I had to jump through this dev team's laundry list and then wait on top of that to be able to even complete the pointless second part of the meta. I realize that my play-style isn't like the majority (I don't play a lot of alts), but that's one reason I preferred gold for flight - gold is one size fits all, and people can earn gold however they like with multiple play-styles instead of being rail-roaded into a list of chores.

OP, most of the people who feel like you do about the Pathfinder achievement are long gone. They left in WoD or left and came back, only to see that the new Pathfinder had even more parts to it and left again. Those who hate(d) the grind (no one says it's hard, but it is tedious and boring as hell in some parts) have left for greener pastures. They spoke with their wallets/subs.

As someone who vastly prefers buying flight with gold, my advice to you is simply this: Find things in the game that you enjoy without flight or do the achievement. If you can't enjoy the game without flight and don't want to do the achievement grind (you have my sympathy), then it's probably not worth the $15 sub fee and you'd be better served finding a game that won't require so many pre-reqs to re-gain something that was a QoL perk for so many years.

TLDR; Making more posts/threads against Pathfinder won't change anything and will just get you down-voted. Those who agree with you have mostly left already, and it's more of the pro-Blizz or pro-Pathfinder people on these forums now. :( I'm sorry, but that is the hard truth of it.
5k gold was the price back then. Due to scaling it would be about ~500,000k gold. Or something like that.
05/26/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Crozby
It took a long time because we needed to wait for released content... but not because it was overwhelmingly time-consuming to do those pieces of content.

That's a recurring theme with legion. Someone returning/ starting now can get it faster than someone who started at the beginning because they don't have to wait. That's a theme with some of legions content. If I returned now for 7.2, id be able to get 13/15 in the BS campaign in 2 days

05/26/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Crozby
5k gold was the price back then. Due to scaling it would be about ~500,000k gold. Or something like that.

The price for faster mount speed didn't go up over time though, 280 and 310% flying are both 5k, before rep discounts. Flying in Mop was the only increase (1k in wrath, cant remember flight master license and mop was 2.5k)
The requirements have been clearly posted for a good nine or ten months now, and the "new" ones for at least three. If you "just" found out about them, that sounds like a you problem.
05/26/2017 05:28 AMPosted by Hartric
If only they had told us ahead of time what would be required to fly and given us 6 or 7 months to get Suramar done at a really slow pace.

Why is does everyone assume people have been playing since the start of the expansion?
05/25/2017 06:40 PMPosted by Byyron
I just found out you need exalted with Nightfallen just to get flying, a basic feature that's been in the game for over a decade now. Why is a basic feature locked behind exalted anything? You guys made these zones such a mess that the game is unplayable without flying. I am seriously pondering quitting right now and never returning. Anyone ever played ff14? Theres a MASSIVE and completely pointless grind of like 150 quests that give nearly 0 exp at lvl 50 that is mandatory to start lvl 51-60 content and get to Heavensward dungeons and raids. I would rather pay my 15 bucks a month to play that and have to grind through 150 pointless quests for every alt then deal with another 21k rep from Suramar of all places, the worst zone in history. There's not even an option for me to just grind through it and get it out of the way either, I am FORCED to deal with no flying for what will be months of my gameplay because literally the only way to get rep is from wq's. This is insane, at least let us grind through it with Suramar dungeons or some mobs somewhere so I don't have to spend all my time pissed off cause I have to trek across half the zone to get to a quest that's 5 feet away while I have to wait for rep for flying.

mod edit: fixed language and some typos :D

True
Months? Um, no. A friend of mine gave me a copy of Legion in early April. I made a human hunter to do Pathfinder with. It took me about a month to complete everything I needed for Pathfinder... including getting exalted with the Nightfallen (admittedly, I used a human for this).

Do I wish that they had not rep gated Good Suramaritan? Sure. I think it is bogus that it required reaching such a high rep to even get all the Suramar quests. It certainly does not take months to do it, though.
05/26/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Arrienne
Those who agree with you have mostly left already, and it's more of the pro-Blizz or pro-Pathfinder people on these forums now.

yeah and that's seemingly the plan by Blizz to get rid of those who disagree with them they want to drive away those who don't blindly accept everything they say

I mean its amazing how much time and effort they put into making WoW boring and tedious rather than being entertainment we play for FUN is it too much to expect the development team to let us decide how we want to enjoy our game we pay for?
agree the flying grind sucks

bliz changed is entirely to create another time sink, but it feels crappy cuz we had it for a gold purchase for almost a decade

this is the new bliz team, they feel any compelling reward needs a grind in front of it
Personally i'm hoping next expansion they do a pathfinder in 3 parts, just feels like we got it to early this expansion, should have came in 7.3