Affliction is dead

General Discussion
PTR 45% nerf to malefic grasp? The one expansion where affliction warlocks were actually viable in pve and you have to butcher their damage immensely. First it was 100% damage, then 80%, 70% and now with 7.2.5 it's going to be a whopping 25%? Are you serious? I don't care if I get downvoted, but this basically means NO ONE will ever take affliction warlocks in raids or anything again with such a HUGE nerf to damage.
Didn't they buff base damage by 15-20% and completely rework the talent trees so you're not forced into Malefic Grasp?
yay now i can take haunt or writhe in agony and not be a complete moron for that particular reason
05/23/2017 04:59 AMPosted by Gatecreeper
Didn't they buff base damage by 15-20% and completely rework the talent trees so you're not forced into Malefic Grasp?

So you basically want the spec to be "put all dots, afk" instead of put all dots, manage drainsoul to get the most damage.
Affliction is going to be fine give it a rest
good
your spec is broken atm, it can die and no one but you will care
05/23/2017 04:56 AMPosted by Gaeono
The one expansion where affliction warlocks were actually viable in pve

lol
You're cherry picking the malefic grasp change and ignoring all other changes. Good argument.

Also, it was never 100%.
wow really needs to focus on ranged for the next few years like they did on melee. while melee is alot easier to play ranged takes alot more to play any of the specs. while i can say there are easy ranged specs i cant give any of them the super easy title...maybe arcane mage..but then theres movement...
05/23/2017 05:04 AMPosted by Gaeono
05/23/2017 04:59 AMPosted by Gatecreeper

So you basically want the spec to be "put all dots, afk" instead of put all dots, manage drainsoul to get the most damage.

I would ask you if you enjoy the current spec to be large periods of doing nothing while Drainsoul channels. I see the changes to be a massive QOL upgrade.
05/23/2017 05:11 AMPosted by Gatecreeper
05/23/2017 05:04 AMPosted by Gaeono

I would ask you if you enjoy the current spec to be large periods of doing nothing while Drainsoul channels. I see the changes to be a massive QOL upgrade.

Yea lets make it so UA, our only real damage ability, do less, thats GENIUS!
05/23/2017 05:05 AMPosted by Requited
good
your spec is broken atm, it can die and no one but you will care

I would be upset too if I cared about other players classes.
05/23/2017 04:56 AMPosted by Gaeono
PTR 45% nerf to malefic grasp? The one expansion where affliction warlocks were actually viable in pve and you have to butcher their damage immensely. First it was 100% damage, then 80%, 70% and now with 7.2.5 it's going to be a whopping 25%? Are you serious? I don't care if I get downvoted, but this basically means NO ONE will ever take affliction warlocks in raids or anything again with such a HUGE nerf to damage.

Once I hit ilvl 905 and level 52 weapon as destruction I only lose to affliction spec on 2 fights in H Nighthold.

Not sure why they are nerfing it. Maybe at ToS type ilvls it gets too OP.
hop the 4th golden trait is updates, its base on drain soul and we wont be draining much anymore...and the proc on it was abysmal as it is

soul shards will be an issue if haunt still requires one
The one expansion where affliction warlocks were actually viable in pve

What did I just read.
Cool, fine. Maybe you FotM kids will go back to destro now.

I'll always be playing Affliction no matter what kind of nerfs it gets, but the "nerf" your thread is actually about isn't as much a nerf as it is bringing MG back in line with the other choices on that tier.
The one expansion where affliction warlocks were actually viable in pve.

As far as my memory serves, Affliction has always been strong in good hands in PvE.
I'll never forget Affliction's reign of terror in MoP
Once I hit ilvl 905 and level 52 weapon as destruction I only lose to affliction spec on 2 fights in H Nighthold.

Not sure why they are nerfing it. Maybe at ToS type ilvls it gets too OP.

Sorry to break your bubble, but you are playing with terrible Affliction warlocks then.
Wait wont that break shard generation?

Some locks have trouble now with having the shards for the lust on pull bosses.