Here's a thinker for you Raiders out there.

General Discussion
Why do we raid Mervyns everyweek when in 6 months Gap will just replace what we got?
What the hell is mervyns?
05/16/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Erthan
because reasons
While I don't know what mervyns is I can answer why I raid if the gear gets replaced.

Progressing through content is fun because it is difficult. Its a similar reason as to why I play games on the hardest difficulty which net no permanent rewards.
the hell is mervyns?
the Mervyns is hell?
Apparently Mervyn's is a department store based in Hayward, California.

I've been to Hayward, it's depressing.
05/16/2017 06:44 PMPosted by Blakebone
05/16/2017 06:45 PMPosted by Uxar
the hell is mervyns?
Mervyn's was an American middle scale department store chain based in Hayward, California, and founded by Mervin G. Morris. It carried national brands of clothing, footwear, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products, electronics, and housewares. Many of the company's stores were in shopping malls. Based on 2005 revenue, Mervyn's was the eighty-third largest retailer in the United States.

In 2006, Mervyn's had 189 stores in 10 states. One year later, Mervyn's had reduced its store count to 177 stores in 7 states. On October 17, 2008, the company announced that it would liquidate its assets through a Chapter 7 filing. All remaining locations were closed by December 31 of that year. The Morris family, having bought back intellectual property rights to the company in 2009, announced plans to relaunch Mervyn's as an internet-based enterprise.

Source: Wikipedia.
Imagine the worst raid tier.
05/16/2017 06:50 PMPosted by Montykai
dragon soul?
05/16/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Deathchix
05/16/2017 06:50 PMPosted by Montykai
dragon soul?
I was gonna say Trial of the crusader but that works too.
Um, because now is now? Don't tell me I can pee later when I have to pee now. I'm on blood pressure medication.

And I worry what you think you would find in empty stores that don't exist.
05/16/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Montykai
05/16/2017 06:51 PMPosted by Deathchix
...dragon soul?
I was gonna say Trial of the crusader but that works too.
I loved that tier.
05/16/2017 06:41 PMPosted by Montykai
Mervyns

What kind of third-rate bootleg thing is a Mervyns?
A new challenge to overcome? Gear is not everything you know? New raids are a breath of fresh air for a while and they move the story along as well.
So when blizzard has like 30 tiers of raiding and introduces timewalking raids, will the progression have been for nothing if veterans are still around? Since they've done the content already. There's already timewalking dungeons so the proof is in the pudding. Just something to think about.
05/16/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Montykai
will the progression have been for nothing if veterans are still around? Since they've done the content already. There's already timewalking dungeons so the proof is in the pudding. Just something to think about.

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

Are you asserting that Timewalking invalidates running raid content when it's current because it will be possible to scale yourself down to the level for that content later?

I don't know about anyone else, but I missed about half of SSC and BT due to a deployment -- being able to run it again and have it actually be a challenge sounds pretty cool to me.

If it's not for you, that's fine, I guess, but I'm up for doing it, whether the gear that drops there is an upgrade for me or not.
Ewwww. you shop at the Gap?
Yes, imagine when Tomb comes out you can just go raid blackwing lair and get the same ilvl of gear. Would you feel as accomplished? I'm just jabbing at blizz because they're already trying this with timewalking dungeons.