Petition to change 7.2.5 to 8.0.0 (SemVer)

General Discussion
http://semver.org/

I am proposing that we set the new version number to 8.0.0 because 7.2.5 obviously includes changes that are incompatible with previous iterations of 7.* specifically in regards to how this game is played on multiple levels (fun, fantasy, and function).

If you check the PTR Forums, Class Discords, and Class Development forums you can clearly see that this is the case and not just my opinion.

In conclusion, bumping the major point version number will clearly illustrate to the community that there are changes that they should review in depth so they can make an informed decision on whether to continue their subscription.
Dumb thread is dumb
I really wish random people on the forums would stop looking up minor things on Software Dev. in an attempt to suggest something completely arbitrary with little to no understanding of the actual use/impact/etc. of said thing.
05/17/2017 05:02 PMPosted by Leafraa
In conclusion, bumping the major point version number will clearly illustrate to the community that there are changes that they should review in depth so they can make an informed decision on whether to continue their subscription.
The WoW community is already familiar with the patch nomenclature of Expansion.Major.Minor patches. There's no need to change it.
The patch numbering system is based on expansion. If they're not releasing a new expansion, why would they go to 8.0?

Just because you don't like the prospective changes? Seems like flimsy reasoning to me.
05/17/2017 05:02 PMPosted by Leafraa
7.2.5 obviously includes changes that are incompatible with previous iterations of 7.* specifically in regards to how this game is played on multiple levels (fun, fantasy, and function)

If I'm understanding you correctly, shouldn't we be at like 15.2.5? Yeah, I'm just making stuff up. I thought it was the point of the thread.
Kind of off topic, but it irks me how there is a 7.1.5 but no .1-.4. Same for 7.2.5
05/17/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Lagspike
Kind of off topic, but it irks me how there is a 7.1.5 but no .1-.4. Same for 7.2.5
This is one of those things where the version being a talking point publicly changes your versioning standard. I feel like 7.X.5 might have been thought to be easier to understand as an "in between" patch that doesn't add huge amounts of content as .5 is half when talking about decimals (even though you can have versions like 7.11.5, so .5 isn't a halfway point in versioning).

On that, I really hope we have our final tier open via a 7.X.5 patch so that when they do another patch for "end of expac" stuff, it'll be 7.X.75, just to really mess with people.
Macro stored on a server but local copy is loaded if exist and saved on exit. This is the way how I copy macro between same classes on my horde and alliance realms. I take macros-cache.txt from lets say priest on Sargeras and copy to folder of priest on Tichondrius. The only requirement - you have to have at least 1 macro defined on destination character. You overwrite original file and good to go. I discovered this when realm transfer toons. All macro will vanish. But if you got to
World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT_NAME>\Illidan\CharacterName and copy to World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT_NAME>\Tichondrius\CharacterName all macro appear on action bar. You don't need to assign them again.
Could we PLEASE stop abusing petition sites and save them for actual issues that need addressing rather than first world keyboard slacktivism?
...What?
shirley you jest.
05/17/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Deathchix
shirley you jest.

I never jest, and don't call me Shirley.
05/17/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Falckor
Dumb thread is dumb

Nice south park name
Defender of the alliance