Any BMAH tips?

General Discussion
05/26/2017 12:27 AMPosted by Mullokad
Get some friends together and wait for it to go short, then turn on pvp and kill everyone that goes to bmah.

Anyone serious about bidding will get a bodyguard and rogues can bid from their order hall.
05/26/2017 12:24 AMPosted by Jhadphoonk
Any idea if Korkron Dark Shaman mog is still avaiable on BMAH ? I missed the train in MoP :(

FYI you can still get the set, Siege is very easy to solo at 110, especially if you're just going up to Dark Shaman.
05/25/2017 09:49 PMPosted by Azevara
05/25/2017 09:12 PMPosted by Canofspinach
[Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent] just sold on Aggramar for 3,150,000 gold.

Lesson: If you are thinking about using the BMAH for anything, expect to pay 10x what any normal person would consider "reasonable".
So I guess the White Hawkstrider for 19k back in MoP that I won on an off hour was a fluke then huh?

#humblebrag

No. 19k is way more than I would pay for that. It's easily farmable and has an okay drop rate.
05/26/2017 01:01 AMPosted by Airc
<span class="truncated">...</span>So I guess the White Hawkstrider for 19k back in MoP that I won on an off hour was a fluke then huh?

#humblebrag

No. 19k is way more than I would pay for that. It's easily farmable and has an okay drop rate.

Easily farmable, yes. Okay drop rate, no.

We used to go for the pet drop - a lot...and no mount. Think I saw the mount drop once just running that dungeon at content. Don't want it really, except for the count. I don't ride nervous twitchy chocobos.

19k is stupie cheap. For anything on the BMAH. I've won the bid for a couple of pets - cost Way more than that.
05/25/2017 09:12 PMPosted by Canofspinach
[Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent] just sold on Aggramar for 3,150,000 gold.

Lesson: If you are thinking about using the BMAH for anything, expect to pay 10x what any normal person would consider "reasonable".

Snap. What's the new gold cap on items then? 9.5 million?
05/25/2017 08:47 PMPosted by Gigolock
Can you not just farm them or they are out of the game already?

Tier 3 is the level 60 Naxx. There are 'look alike' versions from the level 80 Naxx, but the level 60 version was removed at the start of Wrath.
05/25/2017 09:07 PMPosted by Fugubar
Best BMAH tip: Don't use it. Someone will always outbid you.

After I blew 400k gold on a pair of cloth slippers in an unmarked container, I decided I was done with BMAH. I knew I was taking a chance and that I could get something I didn't want (not a mount), but I did it anyways like an idiot.
05/25/2017 07:01 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
And every time a new bid is placed, it adds 30 minutes to the timer.

It adds roughly 5 minutes to the timer.
The only part about BMAH that I am not a fan of, is the unclaimed containers which can drop anything, including things you can't equip or even learn the transmog for - and that's kinda lame. At the very least they should unlock the transmog appearance if you're going to spend a serious amount of gold on it.

Otherwise the BMAH is kinda cool. Though I've never seen anything up for sale for a price I was willing to spend.