Does anyone even use Healing touch?

Druid
I've done a fair bit of content as a resto druid and I find myself questioning the purpose of healing touch. I only ever use healing touch when healing is barely needed and I have all the time in the world to cast it, or when I'm running on mana fumes and must keep someone up at the end of a fight.

In legion, they made it easier to use healing touch with the Abundance talent, but Prosperity and Ward come out ahead still. I just can't stand the 2 second cast time of healing touch in any competitive environment like high mythic+ and raids.

The mana you save is alright, but seriously, I could just drink in pauses. Maybe I'm missing something.

Input appreciated.
Currently the top tier legendaries are the shoulders and trinket. The shoulders let us put rejuvs on people and let it tick for a long time. This lets us get 10 stacks of abundance and stay there. Thus our healing touch becomes almost instant. We can spam it. This is why i use it. I see a tank in trouble. I spam the !@#$ out of healing touch. The mana cost is half of that of a regrowth. Even better is spamming this when you have the mana saving trinket from the nighthold that makes healing touch free and gives back mana.
I've asked people to review parses and they always tease me if there's any Healing Touches in there.

I think it has its place, which is if someone needs more healing and you're already capped on HoTs. It doesn't happen often because we have so many, but when the Tich soaker has 6 stacks of the debuff 2 rejuvs aren't enough!

Also the more optimized the situation the less you're gonna use it. For example, a super hardcore guild is gonna swap in a different healer for strong single-target heals, but in a heroic PuG with 4 resto druids, someone is going to need to toss out a few HTs.
Currently in raids I pretty much only use it my trinket procs and HT gives me mana.
Im M+ I will sometimes take Abundance and then I will use HT a lot.
If you use healing touch outside of PvP your restoing wrong. Sometimes I'll use it with full hots just to see what it crits for but I never use it in raids.

Abundance is meh that's the only instance you should be using it.
Healing Touch does not have much of a place in our tool-kit, particularly in a raid environment where other healers have more efficient cast time heals. Similarly it does not have much of a place in dungeons outside of certain affixes requiring quick repetitive heals on all the group members.

I keep it off my bar for the most part unless I am running abundance during grievous/bursting weeks in M+.

If healing requirements are so low that you think Healing Touch is an option you are better off letting your hots do their job and casting wrath to help speed up the fight.
Not in raids, certainly. I run abundance in m+ but even there it's only useful above 14.
I forget it is a spell most of the time.
I regularly use Healing Touch as a juke in bgs.
05/15/2017 11:22 AMPosted by Woodwin
If you use healing touch outside of PvP your restoing wrong. Sometimes I'll use it with full hots just to see what it crits for but I never use it in raids.

"outside of pvp" Healing touch is almost useless IN pvp.
Cenarion Ward is good, but in reality it's only up for about 26% of the time. That's not bad and can be clutch when your tank decides to take too many punches to the face. But if you're applying it on CD and it's not there, too bad. Let's say it heals for ~150k per tick. In 4 sec, that's ~300k. In 3-4 GCDs, you can significantly outdo that with Healing Touch as an instant cast (~275k per cast). Germination is pretty much a staple in mythic pluses. Even if you only have one rejuvenation up on each person, it's still going to be close to a GCD. With full up, it's ​an instant cast which keeps in line with the rest of our heals. You'll be able to outperform regrowth spam and when you do cast regrowth, it'll be an a guaranteed critical.
05/18/2017 12:31 AMPosted by Shartah

The healing touch that applies a missing hot in PvP? Oh ok....
It does, but but you're not usually able to free cast. That'll get you silenced really quick. Any smart team would lock you down and eat you.
05/18/2017 09:07 PMPosted by Woodwin
05/18/2017 12:31 AMPosted by Shartah

The healing touch that applies a missing hot in PvP? Oh ok....

What the other person says, plus we already have regrowth, and the other talents are much more viable.

I don't know why you got downvoted for saying the truth. I think that's because people didn't realise you wanted you answer to focus on PvE because you aren't really doing PvP so didn't want to talk about its use in PvP.

Healing Touch can almost be removed from any resto druid bar. I use it like once every 2-3 weeks.
05/18/2017 09:21 PMPosted by Cunfuzed
It does, but but you're not usually able to free cast. That'll get you silenced really quick. Any smart team would lock you down and eat you.

Which is why I said with abundance. In battlegrounds and not arenas you can spam HT much like in a dungeon or raid almost instantly. Outside of abundance you should rarely use HT, the rarest of rares.
I should, but I don't.

If a player needs topping off, I slap them with a regrowth. If they need picked up, I spam regrowth. If there's anything in between, I'm usually casting wrath.