Anti Healer Addons

Battlegrounds
I realize addons are a part of the game....that being said, as a healer, immediately being crushed by 3 melee without a chance to cast a heal detracts from the enjoyment of the game......people complain they're not enough healers atm......there's a reason for this its not that fun to play. One solution is to remove addons that target healers...make dps observe and think more.....find the healer and focus them. No more red flags that any brain dead can attack, be a student of the game and find them on your own.
I would appreciate these kind of addons being broken as well. They are generally unenjoyable (but not impossible) to deal with in random BGs as a healer. The only thing they really do is deter newer players from playing the healer role.

Conversely, it's very obnoxious when I try to CC the enemy healer and xChilidanx mindlessly decides to go out of his way to break my CC only to do tiny amounts of damage because there is a giant X over someone's head.
As a fellow healer I can sympathize with you OP but it will never happen. Part of the big draw with WOW are the addons themselves.

Could you imagine if Blizzard in a future patch disabled addons completely? NPC_Scan, Auctioneer, Atlas, Deadly Boss Mods, Recount, etc. etc. There would be a huge uproar in the WOW community that would far exceed the healers complaints on this messageboard, lol
/soothe healers
I feel your pain. I honestly don't know why people think hhtd and others are must haves for pvp when it's very easy to spot a healer. I realize heals have enough trouble, so it would be nice if something was done. They don't need an even bigger target on them.
yea no, multiple healers are a !@#$% to kill in randoms as it is.
I feel your pain as a healer in randoms... it's bad enough that those "good" dps don't need such addons at all and are constantly making a bee-line for you with their more than ample supply of burst, interrupts, silences, stuns, and whatever else ready to make sure you take a dirt nap before you get off a single cast...

..but I also play DPS a lot, and I use HHTD, and I have a macro bound that /says "Kill Target: <Class> - <Name>" which I only use for healers (and occasionally have to spam a bit to get my teammates attention, but it can be very effective especially when dealing with multiple enemy healers.)
05/23/2017 05:52 PMPosted by Zerotonine
I feel your pain. I honestly don't know why people think hhtd and others are must haves for pvp when it's very easy to spot a healer. I realize heals have enough trouble, so it would be nice if something was done. They don't need an even bigger target on them.

There are huge benefits to one click pre-targetting aka focus fire. I remember in Twin Peaks where both sides zerg mid and see 4 ally take a wide arc and come straight at me from the backlines, LOL. THIS IS BEFORE I EVEN START A CAST, LOL! so these guys had me pre-targetted straight out of the gates using BGTarget or Mr. Target addons and that's fine. Kudos to them.

I use those same addons all the time when I log on my dps so it doesn't bother me either or when I queue as heals.
Would be nice if they had addons showing tanks in pvp, so that I can avoid them.
05/23/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Apollokai
Would be nice if they had addons showing tanks in pvp, so that I can avoid them.

BGTargets does this. :P
don't most people have bgt or something similar to see healers/ comp before gates even open. Healer tracking addons are not a problem you/your team are
05/23/2017 03:12 PMPosted by Diamonk
I realize addons are a part of the game....that being said, as a healer, immediately being crushed by 3 melee without a chance to cast a heal detracts from the enjoyment of the game......people complain they're not enough healers atm......there's a reason for this its not that fun to play. One solution is to remove addons that target healers...make dps observe and think more.....find the healer and focus them. No more red flags that any brain dead can attack, be a student of the game and find them on your own.

Cragganmore agrees.
05/23/2017 11:58 PMPosted by Yaboycoop
don't most people have bgt or something similar to see healers/ comp before gates even open. Healer tracking addons are not a problem you/your team are

Then tend to just exacerbate already bad games, so you end up praying for them to end because you can't get far without a couple of melee chomping at the bit to get at you.
Doesn't HHTD always give a warning when your own healers are under attack? I tried it once but wasn't a fan of that add-on, and BGTartgets was enough.
No add-on is really needed since we can see your name/race/class/spec before the match even start in the scoreboard
i mean you can just look at the score screen and make focus macros before gates open if you're not a lazybones.
Anticipate the pain train...have your greater fade, holy ward, ray of hope, and whatever tools you have for your class/spec in your arsenal at the ready and use them. Eventually they tire of you and move on :D I know the opponents already know i heal, add on or not. Work past it.