Wow tokens removed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 18 Next
05/23/2017 04:09 PMPosted by Deydrania
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No its more then that. They are gone from the in game store to buy. And the token i put on the AH 30 min ago is gone, there was no sold message.

Did you get your gold?

No I did not :(

Did you get your gold?

No I did not :(

That's an even bigger issue...
Europe token disabled as well.

prices shot up to the sky in the Asian markets.

https://twitter.com/WoWTokens
This increase that is currently in the system would make the wowtoken purchase appealing to many, why did they remove it?

Closed at
US
05/23/2017 04:13 PMPosted by Iceacid
This increase that is currently in the system would make the wowtoken purchase appealing to many, why did they remove it?

Closed at
US

True... I feel like people would be much more likely to buy it for real $$ now of all times
05/23/2017 04:06 PMPosted by Moused
<span class="truncated">...</span>

look at the buy price '0g' and the API is disabled

I wonder if they did this so it will force players to use real cash instead of WoW token balances to buy Overwatch Origins Edition ....got a feeling they did and will do the same with Destiny 2 comes out later this year....

05/23/2017 04:17 PMPosted by Rat
True... I feel like people would be much more likely to buy it for real $$ now of all times

Something's not quite right, what are they hiding?

Has to be something like transfer issue or security system checking.
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

I don't have details to share on the 'why' or the 'when will they be back' questions you inevitably have, but I'll update you as I can.

Thanks for your patience!
Haven't checked the AH, but just now when I tried to log on I got a 505 error message for the forums, apparently they are on fire according to the message. lol

Tried Google Chrome instead of Firefox and I got on.

Someone put the wrong hamster on the wheel!

Edited to add: Thanks Ornyx!
05/23/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

I don't have details to share on the 'why' or the 'when will they be back' questions you inevitably have, but I'll update you as I can.

You beat the centaur!
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug.

...I think you could find the details, eh? :P
My guess is the system crashed and they're needing to do some maintenance on it to get it working again.

05/23/2017 04:00 PMPosted by Rat
Why would they do this? >.< (that face makes sense if this were FB)

Are you implying they disabled them on purpose? To what end? They'll be re-enabled once whatever broke is fixed.
05/23/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Rat
...I think you could find the details, eh?

He did say he'd update as he could.

TBH, this isn't really something we need to know just because it's mildly inconvenient.
05/23/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Hellasha
My guess is the system crashed and they're needing to do some maintenance on it to get it working again.

Are you implying they disabled them on purpose? To what end? They'll be re-enabled once whatever broke is fixed.

I really was not implying anything, lol. I just like using that face on FB so I tried it here. I mean obviously they took it down for a reason, whether we will ever know the reason is to be determined :)
05/23/2017 04:21 PMPosted by Hellasha

They did disable them on purpose.

Blue post above says they did disable them on purpose..not a bug.
https://wowtoken.info/

Odd, why did they jump up to nearly 150k all the sudden? They had just settled back down after the Destiny 2 token purchase hype?

Perhaps some people were buying tons of them in an attempt to manipulate the price so they could convert the gold later when they went down again and Blizzard shut it down to investigate? #conspiracytheory
Hey all,

Typical. I get interested in them and POOF! Gone, and when they come back they will probably not be as good as they were.
The reason is because they were losing too much money on overwatch boxes from people buying the tokens with gold. Conveniently disabled.
Quite funny when Overwatch Special Origins Edition goes on sale since they enabled the WoW token to be applied too our Bnet account Balance all of sudden the system goes crazy and has to be shut down.....