Wow tokens removed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 18 Next
05/23/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Crepe
You beat the centaur!

Rubs u for good luck in hope that the tokens return soon.
05/23/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Rat
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug.

I don't have details to share on the 'why' or the 'when will they be back' questions you inevitably have, but I'll update you as I can.

Thanks for your patience!

...I think you could find the details, eh? :P

I don't think many people care about the details on why. They want to know when they'll be back and how this might affect tokens already purchased but not used.

I have one I bought off the AH for gold that's still unused. Will I still be able to use it to convert to game time when my current time expires next month?

Other players are saying they had bought for real money and listed on the AH but those tokens have disappeared from the listings and they have not received gold for them. Are those players going to get their $20 refunded since the program has been discontinued for the time being?
05/23/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Zenetta
Odd, why did they jump up to nearly 150k all the sudden? They had just settled back down after the Destiny 2 token purchase hype?

Overwatch is on sale.
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20793056
05/23/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Regg
05/23/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Zenetta
Odd, why did they jump up to nearly 150k all the sudden? They had just settled back down after the Destiny 2 token purchase hype?

Overwatch is on sale.

Oh, that makes sense I suppose, though a lot of people would already have OW I would think compared to the people who were prepping for Destiny 2.
From @blizzardCS
"Tokens are offline at the moment. Sorry for the trouble! We do not currently have an ETA for their return ^KAL"
05/23/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Zenetta
05/23/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Regg
Overwatch is on sale.

Oh, that makes sense I suppose, though a lot of people would already have OW I would think compared to the people who were prepping for Destiny 2.

It's a special anniversary edition with extra bonus stuff on sale for $40.
05/23/2017 04:00 PMPosted by Rat
They aren't available for purchase with $$ anymore and they are "unavailable" on the AH.

Wow token info site says they are "disabled".

Why would they do this? >.< (that face makes sense if this were FB)
Oh stop. They did maintenance this morning and something broke in the process. All is normal.
05/23/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Chillidin
The reason is because they were losing too much money on overwatch boxes from people buying the tokens with gold. Conveniently disabled.

People. Buy. Tokens. With. Real. Money.

It doesn't matter how much gold you spend on a Token, there is always someone on the other end who spent $20 *actual dollars* for your gold

Blizzard makes plenty of money from these transactions

Don't forget to breathe
05/23/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

I don't have details to share on the 'why' or the 'when will they be back' questions you inevitably have, but I'll update you as I can.

Its your job to have info and you have none?
05/23/2017 04:30 PMPosted by Brockthorn
05/23/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Zenetta

It's a special anniversary edition with extra bonus stuff on sale for $40.

Yea I was just looking at all the skins and stuff, I imagine people are buying a ton of loot boxes as well. Considering doing it myself, though I usually wait until the end of the event to see if I get the things I want the most from just playing.
Sounds shady to me. But then again it is Blizzard.
The reason is because they were losing too much money on overwatch boxes from people buying the tokens with gold. Conveniently disabled.

Quite agree with your outlook...I feel the same way.....seeing this is first time Overwatch Origins Edition has gone on sale since they allowed WoW tokens to be put to your bnet account balance....they were losing too much real money to tokens that folks have been adding too their bnet balance.
The damn russian hacked the system and is funneling the money to fund the wall.
05/23/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Iyasra
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

What would you like him to do- read minds?

He knows what he's told, get a grip.
05/23/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Daemonium
05/23/2017 04:00 PMPosted by Rat
They aren't available for purchase with $$ anymore and they are "unavailable" on the AH.

Wow token info site says they are "disabled".

Why would they do this? >.< (that face makes sense if this were FB)
Oh stop. They did maintenance this morning and something broke in the process. All is normal.

Read what Ornyx posted. This is intentional and not as the result of a bug.

05/23/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Iyasra
Hey all,

His job is to rely information between the player community and the dev team. If he is not given information to be shared with us, that's not on him. It's only his issue if he is given information to be passed on to the player base and fails to do it.

He said if he is given more information he can share, he will.
05/23/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Joynal
Are those players going to get their $20 refunded since the program has been discontinued for the time being?

Likely once the system is re-enabled, the auctions will start again and the players will receive the gold they were offered at the time they listed the token. There is nothing showing it was discontinued, just 'paused', until we get an update.
05/23/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Daemonium
...Oh stop. They did maintenance this morning and something broke in the process. All is normal.

Read what Ornyx posted. This is intentional and not as the result of a bug.
Damn. You used to have a sense of humor. Sorry it went over your head.
05/23/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Tuesday

People. Buy. Tokens. With. Real. Money.

It doesn't matter how much gold you spend on a Token, there is always someone on the other end who spent $20 *actual dollars* for your gold

Blizzard makes plenty of money from these transactions

Don't forget to breathe

Blizzard prefers it because they get 20 bucks and only have to award someone with 15 Blizzard Bucks.

If I had to guess, I would say the system is buckling under pressure from people buying tokens.
05/23/2017 04:25 PMPosted by Joynal
I have one I bought off the AH for gold that's still unused. Will I still be able to use it to convert to game time when my current time expires next month?

I think there is a store item wow game time that costs 15usd that can be paid for via battle.net balance.

Perhaps instead of saving that token you purchased off the AH for gold and waiting to see if you will still have that token by next month. Maybe convert to battle.net balance could be an option.
05/23/2017 04:35 PMPosted by Moused

Quite agree with your outlook...I feel the same way.....seeing this is first time Overwatch Origins Edition has gone on sale since they allowed WoW tokens to be put to your bnet account balance....they were losing too much real money to tokens that folks have been adding too their bnet balance.

*Narrows eyes* Not sure if troll or just stupid. Token costs $20 USD, redeems for $15USD worth of Blizzard stuff, Blizz loses money on lots of tokens getting used on OW stuff? Did you forget how to basic math?