Wow tokens removed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 18 Next
The cost of tokens raising could very well result in the a loss of "subs" (who no longer feel it is worth the gold grind). I don't think that this was the intent when Blizz decided to open battlenet up. My guess is a reconfiguration of what can and can't be done with battlenet $'s.
Overwatch Anniversary goes up, wow tokens go down. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Whack. Oh well i guess i WONT be playing Overwatch. I guess it's a good thing cause im about done with this whole mess.
05/23/2017 04:35 PMPosted by Moused
05/23/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Chillidin
The reason is because they were losing too much money on overwatch boxes from people buying the tokens with gold. Conveniently disabled.

Quite agree with your outlook...I feel the same way.....seeing this is first time Overwatch Origins Edition has gone on sale since they allowed WoW tokens to be put to your bnet account balance....they were losing too much real money to tokens that folks have been adding too their bnet balance.

Please explain how they were losing money from these transactions.

Do you guys even attempt critical thinking?
05/23/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Ornyx
this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

Why if it is intentional does it have to be looked into?
You can always pay $20.00 then convert the token to $15.00 blizz store balance.

hahahahahaa.......
They disabled them on purpose but didn't bother letting blues know. Neat!
WowToken is starting to get as dicey as bitcoin :)

"Irrational exuberance" was given as the reason yesterday for the spike to an all time high.
I heard that it was taken down because they added a new feature to let you order from a local pizza place with battle.net balance but there was a bug that kept routing all the orders to Papa Johns.
05/23/2017 04:45 PMPosted by Shirtlessron
this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

Why if it is intentional does it have to be looked into?
Taking them down was intentional because something wasn't right. Could be someone was trying to manipulate the tokens. Could be something else was off. They are looking into what's up with the tokens NOT why they took them offline.

And just because CS is the last to be told of these things doesn't mean someone at Blizzard doesn't know what's going on.
05/23/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Tuesday
The reason is because they were losing too much money on overwatch boxes from people buying the tokens with gold. Conveniently disabled.

People. Buy. Tokens. With. Real. Money.

It doesn't matter how much gold you spend on a Token, there is always someone on the other end who spent $20 *actual dollars* for your gold

Blizzard makes plenty of money from these transactions

Don't forget to breathe

Breathing just fine over here. Just seems shady that they intentionally disabled wow tokens as they started to go up in price and offer no explanations or reasons as to why they did so. Blizz is usually pretty good about keeping everyone in the loop when they do stuff like this.

Have. A. Nice. Day.
05/23/2017 04:45 PMPosted by Morgueart
You can always pay $20.00 then convert the token to $15.00 blizz store balance.

hahahahahaa.......

You can not actually convert a 20$ token directly to balance. That token for 20$ only goes on the AH, and gives back gold when purchased by another player.

Of course, you could then use said gold to go back to the AH, and buy a gold token for more gold then you got for the 20$ token, but that defeats the purpose.

/facepalm

seriously guy?
05/23/2017 04:52 PMPosted by Chillidin
<span class="truncated">...</span>

People. Buy. Tokens. With. Real. Money.

It doesn't matter how much gold you spend on a Token, there is always someone on the other end who spent $20 *actual dollars* for your gold

Blizzard makes plenty of money from these transactions

Don't forget to breathe

Breathing just fine over here. Just seems shady that they intentionally disabled wow tokens as they started to go up in price and offer no explanations or reasons as to why they did so. Blizz is usually pretty good about keeping everyone in the loop when they do stuff like this.

Have. A. Nice. Day.

They were disabled for awhile last week as well for some reason. I wonder if there isn't something in the system that if they rise too quickly it triggers some checks or something.
05/23/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Iyasra
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

I don't have details to share on the 'why' or the 'when will they be back' questions you inevitably have, but I'll update you as I can.

Thanks for your patience!
Its your job to have info and you have none?
I have info, but not to share.

Forums sure are pointed today. o.O
05/23/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Ornyx
... Its your job to have info and you have none?
I have info, but not to share.

Forums sure are pointed today. o.O

I'm sure you expected them to be pointed on a topic like this, though. =\
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

I don't have details to share on the 'why' or the 'when will they be back' questions you inevitably have, but I'll update you as I can.

Thanks for your patience!
Its your job to have info and you have none?

I don't have details to share

It isn't rocket science folks. I would imagine all of Blizzard support and the CMs are in the loop on this but haven't been given permission to post details.
05/23/2017 04:06 PMPosted by Moused
05/23/2017 04:04 PMPosted by Ivikatasha

look at the buy price '0g' and the API is disabled

I wonder if they did this so it will force players to use real cash instead of WoW token balances to buy Overwatch Origins Edition ....got a feeling they did and will do the same with Destiny 2 comes out later this year....

Why would they do that? Someone spends $20 for another person to get $15 in return....so...someone would have to buy five tokens to buy overwatch origins edition(to cover tax or any other fees). That means essentially Blizzard got $100 for someone to buy a $59.99 game.....Same goes with Destiny 2....they'll get a lot more money that way than with people paying via subscription...i mean even just the subscription alone...while I usually buy via tokens...and it's free to me personally...they still got $20 for my subscription from somebody else. So they gained $5 more than if I just payed my subscription out of pocket instead of gold.
The globalists led by Ion "Watcher" Hazzikostas and Josh "Lore" Allen took them down to drive up prices so when tokens come online again only the elite can buy them and enjoy Overwatch. Any other explanation given to the WoW community is Fake News.

Source:

Infowars