Wow tokens removed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 18 Next
05/23/2017 04:44 PMPosted by Yventley
05/23/2017 04:35 PMPosted by Moused

Quite agree with your outlook...I feel the same way.....seeing this is first time Overwatch Origins Edition has gone on sale since they allowed WoW tokens to be put to your bnet account balance....they were losing too much real money to tokens that folks have been adding too their bnet balance.

Please explain how they were losing money from these transactions.

Do you guys even attempt critical thinking?

Think about it critically and you might find your answer....
05/23/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Ornyx
05/23/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Iyasra
... Its your job to have info and you have none?
I have info, but not to share.

Forums sure are pointed today. o.O

My guess is someone slipped something into the salt miners' rations.
In for the market price fixing.
05/23/2017 04:33 PMPosted by Celindas
Sounds shady to me. But then again it is Blizzard.

Why on earth would Blizzard make it so people aren't able to give them money without having a good reason?

Seriously? Many people can only play this game by using the tokens and you can't even tell them what's going on? Good community manager there.
I bet this has something to do with that mysterious glowing orb that Trump/King Salman/Sisi were touching the other day.
05/23/2017 04:44 PMPosted by Yventley
05/23/2017 04:35 PMPosted by Moused

Quite agree with your outlook...I feel the same way.....seeing this is first time Overwatch Origins Edition has gone on sale since they allowed WoW tokens to be put to your bnet account balance....they were losing too much real money to tokens that folks have been adding too their bnet balance.

Please explain how they were losing money from these transactions.

Do you guys even attempt critical thinking?

Pretty sure the idiots posting this nonsense aren't capable of it.
Sigh. Was going to buy one when I got home from work - they were at a point where it was worth it for me. So much for that.
So many disappointing things in this game now.
/fixes the spacegoat some tea

it'll get worked out
I guess I quit WoW next month when my last token expires. GG Legion
Probably too many people buying tokens, or perhaps Blizzard wants to try a measure that reduces costs so that it doesn't spike every time a Blizzard product goes on sale?

Lol @ the people who believe it's a conspiracy to stop people from buying Overwatch related stuff with Bnet balance. Newsflash, Blizzard makes 20$ per token that players redeem for 15$ of Bnet balance, Blizzard actually makes more money if players buy stuff with WoW tokens. Why in the blazes would they intentionally stop that?
05/23/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Trumpanzee
<span class="truncated">...</span>I have info, but not to share.

Seriously? Many people can only play this game by using the tokens and you can't even tell them what's going on? Good community manager there.
Thanks! I'm just here to learn from you what being a good community manager is!

/s

OT: I left a comment about three pages ago regarding what happened, and said I would share more information when I could. Obviously that hasn't happened yet, so let's all stay calm. We're working on getting Tokens up as soon as we can.

05/23/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Shadowsouled
/fixes the spacegoat some tea

it'll get worked out
All things in time, eh? <3

Question...many of us want to buy tokens right now to apply too our Bnet account balances to buy Overwatch Special Origins Edition which went on sale today for $40 dollars if it takes couple days to figure out this so called problem with Tokens will you extend the length of the sale date of Overwatch for us that are some what real cash strapped but have tons of gold to buy the tokens to buy Overwatch? I just find it quite funny on day we are able to purchase one of Blizzard high end Games that goes on sale all of sudden there is issue with Tokens.
05/23/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Trumpanzee

Don't attack him for that. He can't just go spewing information that is considered private at the moment.

They can only say what they're allowed to say.

I myself are curious what's going on, but maybe we'll find out soon.
I have to say. . . this is a !@#$ty move guys, never expected this from you but . . . now i'm not sure. Maybe this will be my last month on this game, i am really tired of things like this .

Question...many of us want to buy tokens right now to apply too our Bnet account balances to buy Overwatch Special Origins Edition which went on sale today for $40 dollars if it takes couple days to figure out this so called problem with Tokens will you extend the length of the sale date of Overwatch for us that are some what real cash strapped but have tons of gold to buy the tokens to buy Overwatch? I just find it quite funny on day we are able to purchase one of Blizzard high end Games that goes on sale all of sudden there is issue with Tokens.
I don't have an exact answer, but I don't expect this to be a long-term downtime or anything. We hope to have a fix in an hour or so pending a disaster, but, again, I can't be 100% sure and just want to stress I don't have an official ETA.

It should be up well before that sale is over on 6/5. :P
My guess is the trouble is twofold, firstly there are tons of inactive accounts with gold left on them.

Folks are probably acquiring these unused accounts and flooding the game economy with massive gold, and secondly they probably hoped this would make many active accounts that have been paying with game gold return to paying with cash.

There's another issue that could compound this problem and that is folks 'speculating' that the cost will go down again and the 20 bucks they paid for a 140k game gold will buy 3 months sometime in the future when tokens return to 40k game gold.

In any case myself and the two accounts I support with game gold will go dark if the token system is removed. Just another error in a long line of recent errors that to us, the subscriber, look like it would have been stupidly easy to predict. i.e. Ilev scaling causing a problem where removing gear made you more powerful, or aHoleinka's pvp ideas causing all time record lows in rated pvp participation, etc. etc...

what is it with people being obnoxiously stupid? Do you think the CM's decide what info is made public and what isn't? really?

Also, I wish I could +1 Ornyx's posts in this thread <3
I never thought I'd see Ornyx lose it.

Way to go GD, jeez.