Wow tokens removed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 18 Next
05/23/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Ornyx
05/23/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Iyasra
... Its your job to have info and you have none?
I have info, but not to share.

Forums sure are pointed today. o.O

Oh Hi GOAT.
How are you doing.?
Makes you wonder whats going on.?
Is it due to recent outrageous gold price rise?
Hey Goat!
05/23/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Darknesself
Don't attack him for that. He can't just go spewing information that is considered private at the moment.

They can only say what they're allowed to say.

This. No point in it, no benefit to it, no sense in speculating. It'll come back up sooner or later.
nercam can you gift me your account? lol (salt coming)
05/23/2017 04:35 PMPosted by Moused
05/23/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Chillidin
The reason is because they were losing too much money on overwatch boxes from people buying the tokens with gold. Conveniently disabled.

Quite agree with your outlook...I feel the same way.....seeing this is first time Overwatch Origins Edition has gone on sale since they allowed WoW tokens to be put to your bnet account balance....they were losing too much real money to tokens that folks have been adding too their bnet balance.

They're... losing money because people are giving them money?...
Folks..if you "shoot the messenger" then you won't get any more messages.

Ornyx can only release info that he's allowed to release.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Seriously? Many people can only play this game by using the tokens and you can't even tell them what's going on? Good community manager there.

what is it with people being obnoxiously stupid? Do you think the CM's decide what info is made public and what isn't? really?

Also, I wish I could +1 Ornyx's posts in this thread <3

Don't waste your energy on him.

The people saying that crap don't seem to have the ability to understand that when you have a job like customer service, you can't just go off and say and do whatever you want.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Quite agree with your outlook...I feel the same way.....seeing this is first time Overwatch Origins Edition has gone on sale since they allowed WoW tokens to be put to your bnet account balance....they were losing too much real money to tokens that folks have been adding too their bnet balance.

They're... losing money because people are giving them money?...
You foiled our master plan!

;)
-Cough- While they're down, please change tokens to only give WoWshop currency, not ALL of b.net currency.

Tokens should only be used for game time/pets/mounts/realm changes/appearance changes/basically anything WOW related

WoW tokens should of NEVER been able to be used for "currency" for Overwatch, and certainly NOT Destiny 2

Making WOW only players, pay more gold/unable to afford a token for game time because of OTHER games, really stinks

Keep WoW tokens = WOW stuff only
I have a question non related to tokens for the space goat. If Tom Hanks was a werewolf do you think he'd be nice?
05/23/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Nercam
I have to say. . . this is a !@#$ty move guys, never expected this from you but . . . now i'm not sure. Maybe this will be my last month on this game, i am really tired of things like this .

can i have your account?
05/23/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Brockthorn
Folks..if you "shoot the messenger" then you won't get any more messages.

Ornyx can only release info that he's allowed to release.

Eh I think PR people are kinda used to getting anger from people since it's the only way us common people can give our concerns to someone part of the company. It's part of the job for them.
What is the big deal that tokens are offline right now it isn't as if they pulled them for good there is obviously a reason for it so just wait patiently and they will be back.
Worgen are smelly, Blood Elves are phat and can we blame this disaster on the Gnomes?
05/23/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Nyëa
I guess I quit WoW next month when my last token expires. GG Legion

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
05/23/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Daharahj
I never thought I'd see Ornyx lose it.

Way to go GD, jeez.
He seems fine to me? (and believe me, I'd love to see him pull out some gats and just go james bond on the forums). Unfortunately he's too level-headed. :p
Are people getting salty over this because they can't get salty over the new Broken Shore weekly quest?
05/23/2017 04:06 PMPosted by Moused
I wonder if they did this so it will force players to use real cash instead of WoW token balances to buy Overwatch Origins Edition ....got a feeling they did and will do the same with Destiny 2 comes out later this year....

Technically, they'd make more money if everyone bought Blizzard/Activision products and services via tokens, because someone out there is spending $20 for the $15 in Bnet balance someone else ends up with.
All things get sorted with time.

The first reaction to change in knee jerk, I'm as guilty as anyone else with this. Something changes I don't like so I get scared, lash out. Time sorts it, either way. People will calm down once the fear of the unknown passes.

Sometimes I think we never left behind the fear of the dark from the dark ages. lol
05/23/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Nyëa
I guess I quit WoW next month when my last token expires. GG Legion

can i have it?
Big jump from 9:30 this morning at 124k to the last posted price of 147k. Even for the destiny 2 announcement, that's quite a run up in price.

Could be indicative of a problem on the back end since there was no equivalent announcement that would cause such a dramatic short term run up in price.