Wow tokens removed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 18 Next
Thanks! I'm just here to learn from you what being a good community manager is!

This just made my day.
I'm just amazed that there are still people who think that tokens are losing Blizzard money and not making them money hand over fist.
05/23/2017 05:03 PMPosted by Xanzul
05/23/2017 04:44 PMPosted by Yventley

Please explain how they were losing money from these transactions.

Do you guys even attempt critical thinking?

Pretty sure the idiots posting this nonsense aren't capable of it.

let me help you understand. all the money blizzard had from tokens yesterday is money they already have. when the over watch stuff comes out today lets say a huge portion of the people didn't buy tokens for real money but with gold to convert into 15$ yes they made money off that token originally but not on the product they just released. so in me saying what i did implies they could be making new and more money if they didn't have an option for someone who doesn't spend real money on Digital in game items. just saying. everyone can clam down now.
I believe this is due to Destiny 2 and the amount of people buying tokens expecting to get a free game. I could be wrong though. I use tokens, but only to supplement game time I already purchase with real money (60 day game card).
05/23/2017 05:12 PMPosted by Iceacid
Worgen are smelly, Blood Elves are phat and can we blame this disaster on the Gnomes?

I think that the proper race to scape goat for things like this are the space goats....

I'll show myself out now.

/moo
I want some ice cream.
05/23/2017 05:16 PMPosted by Malakina
I want some ice cream.

Well yeah, but what flavor?
05/23/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Ornyx
It should be up well before that sale is over on 6/5. :P

I wonder how many people flipping out about this will completely ignore this line.
05/23/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Iyasra
05/23/2017 04:19 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

I've just learned that we've disabled WoW Tokens for the time being - this is intentional, and not a bug, but is being looked into.

I don't have details to share on the 'why' or the 'when will they be back' questions you inevitably have, but I'll update you as I can.

Thanks for your patience!
Its your job to have info and you have none?

What more do you want exactly? It's not as if they will say due to maintenance today or a hotfix server xyz stopped responding when token requests were cashed in, etc, etc, etc.

The next piece of information you'll receive is "Problem has been located, hotfix is in testing." Then it will follow up with "Rolling restarts tomorrow will enable hotfix for token to work again."

That's all your ever going to see. Since we have nothing then a fix hasn't been found for the problem yet.
05/23/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Ornyx

Question...many of us want to buy tokens right now to apply too our Bnet account balances to buy Overwatch Special Origins Edition which went on sale today for $40 dollars if it takes couple days to figure out this so called problem with Tokens will you extend the length of the sale date of Overwatch for us that are some what real cash strapped but have tons of gold to buy the tokens to buy Overwatch? I just find it quite funny on day we are able to purchase one of Blizzard high end Games that goes on sale all of sudden there is issue with Tokens.
I don't have an exact answer, but I don't expect this to be a long-term downtime or anything. We hope to have a fix in an hour or so pending a disaster, but, again, I can't be 100% sure and just want to stress I don't have an official ETA.

It should be up well before that sale is over on 6/5. :P

Is the token I purchased earlier going to come back at the gold amount I was promised when I listed my auction?
05/23/2017 05:18 PMPosted by Essentia
<span class="truncated">...</span> Its your job to have info and you have none?

What more do you want exactly? It's not as if they will say due to maintenance today or a hotfix server xyz stopped responding when token requests were cashed in, etc, etc, etc.

The next piece of information you'll receive is "Problem has been located, hotfix is in testing." Then it will follow up with "Rolling restarts tomorrow will enable hotfix for token to work again."

That's all your ever going to see. Since we have nothing then a fix hasn't been found for the problem yet.

Didn't you hear? They are highly qualified programmers that want inside info because they know how to fix it. They're just trying to help. /s shouldn't be needed but just in case...
Calling it now.

These will be going for 40k a token when they come back, that or they will be up past 250,000 gold.
05/23/2017 05:16 PMPosted by Chillidin

let me help you understand. all the money blizzard had from tokens yesterday is money they already have. when the over watch stuff comes out today lets say a huge portion of the people didn't buy tokens for real money but with gold to convert into 15$ yes they made money off that token originally but not on the product they just released. so in me saying what i did implies they could be making new and more money if they didn't have an option for someone who doesn't spend real money on Digital in game items. just saying. everyone can clam down now.

since you're retarded.

they sold an item worth $15 dollars in their exclusive shop for $20 dollars worth of wow gold.

they're literally making $5 extra per wow token spent on other blizzard !@#$.

you are clearly not a business accountant.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a job as a CM.

Do they get together over coffee at the office and laugh at some of the posts in the forums?

I sure would!
05/23/2017 05:11 PMPosted by Trumpanzee
05/23/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Brockthorn
Folks..if you "shoot the messenger" then you won't get any more messages.

Ornyx can only release info that he's allowed to release.

Eh I think PR people are kinda used to getting anger from people since it's the only way us common people can give our concerns to someone part of the company. It's part of the job for them.

CMs are neither PR nor customer service. They are community managers. Completely different role with completely different responsibilities and expectations.
Downvote me to death or ban me I dont care. Ornyx dont seen like a good Community manger at all. Being rude and snappy to paying customers in retail or other public relations would have him yelled at in a back office, but it ok when fanbois cheer whatever Blizzard do if it right or wrong.

Why even answer when most of the posts is ignored anyway, just stall till you get a answer form the top than be rude and snappy . You as bad as white house speaker Spicer.
05/23/2017 05:20 PMPosted by Annastasi

you are clearly not a business accountant.

No kidding. If someone buys tokens with gold and converts to balance, it's $80 going into a $60 product. It's really that simple. I can't believe there are people that don't get it.
6/5.

Patch 7.2.5 hint?