RBGs

Battlegrounds
Getting into RBG games is cancer. There are barely any groups forming, 4-5 a day.... When they do form most of the time they fall apart after 1-2 games. Its really something that needs to be eliminated or worked on by blizz. Maybe make a q for rated bgs and just get rating like that? I'm not sure what the fix is but its a definitive failure atm.
They should probably just get rid of them to be honest, I tried them in Pandaria and yeah teams are just way too hard to get together and stay together.
Join a PvP guild if you want to actually be part of a team.

Most pugs just want 1 or 2 wins then they fall apart.
I agree make it so we can choose to solo q and if you want to make teams, still can.

There aren't any pvp guilds anymore. They died out long ago. I've been searching for one all xpac. Nothing viable yet.

My thoughts: Maybe it's the f#cking retarded link xp bullsh!t for one. I hate it. I spend most of my evenings in the scrub yolo leagues and hear it *constantly*. I don't play the link me something crap. Then, when you do get in a group, you tend to spend half an hour waiting for a team to get put together to find out they suck or we're facing a team way out of our league.

Ilvl and bought achievements in no way represents skill. It's a !@#$ty way to form your team around too. Yep, I'm salty AF rn. I'd rather be playing.
05/21/2017 07:00 PMPosted by Crematiia
I agree make it so we can choose to solo q and if you want to make teams, still can.

There aren't any pvp guilds anymore. They died out long ago. I've been searching for one all xpac. Nothing viable yet.

My thoughts: Maybe it's the f#cking retarded link xp bullsh!t for one. I hate it. I spend most of my evenings in the scrub yolo leagues and hear it *constantly*. I don't play the link me something crap. Then, when you do get in a group, you tend to spend half an hour waiting for a team to get put together to find out they suck or we're facing a team way out of our league.

Ilvl and bought achievements in no way represents skill. It's a !@#$ty way to form your team around too. Yep, I'm salty AF rn. I'd rather be playing.

totally agree with ya mate.
Alliance LFGs are pretty deserted.
05/21/2017 07:00 PMPosted by Crematiia

would probs help if you didn't click friendly nameplates
I mean as a DH you're pretty in-demand if you can run a vengeance off spec.. That being said the RBG scene is pretty dead.

But yeah getting into groups in LFG requires you to usually have achievements, even for a lot of the yolo groups.

The groups that don't require achievs are usually full of the same cancerous players in random bgs who run around like retards not participating in objectives.

Best suggestion I can give is network with people and add them to btag. It makes getting groups a lot easier. Couple tips on getting recognized as being a productive team member and getting people to add you:
1) Be vocal and play objective
2) Good interrupts/CC/Dispels
3) Good HPS/DPS metrics (doesn't always matter though based on objectives)
4) Don't be a rager
05/22/2017 09:39 AMPosted by Frostchi
Best suggestion I can give is network with people and add them to btag. It makes getting groups a lot easier. Couple tips on getting recognized as being a productive team member and getting people to add you:
1) Be vocal and play objective
2) Good interrupts/CC/Dispels
3) Good HPS/DPS metrics (doesn't always matter though based on objectives)
4) Don't be a rager

I agree with this. To bad my friends list now looks like Chernobyl. Once very fertile now, a baron desert.
05/21/2017 02:54 PMPosted by Yukkiyu
Getting into RBG games is cancer. There are barely any groups forming, 4-5 a day.... When they do form most of the time they fall apart after 1-2 games. Its really something that needs to be eliminated or worked on by blizz. Maybe make a q for rated bgs and just get rating like that? I'm not sure what the fix is but its a definitive failure atm.

Absolutely! I am trying to get Classic Gear in Area 52, and it's all but impossible b/c of RBGs:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754856639#1

They need to fix this, muy pronto.
05/22/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Terrett
05/21/2017 02:54 PMPosted by Yukkiyu

Absolutely! I am trying to get Classic Gear in Area 52, and it's all but impossible b/c of RBGs:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754856639#1

They need to fix this, muy pronto.

Why? Don't Fix things that don't need fixing.
The game should reward people that work harder for something
Please god, dont make rated queue-able.
Its a !@#$ing terrible idea.
By that logic, why not make heroic & mythic raids queue-able.

Its not done because it keeps people that dont know what they are doing out of harder content.

I dont want to be losing in rated for the same silly reasons I lose in randoms.
05/22/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Carllotta

Its not done because it keeps people that dont know what they are doing out of harder content.

Comparing two different play styles is always moot. Since WoW is PvE first, PvE will always be held to a higher standard in terms of accessibility.

Solo queue exists in almost every other PvP game and has been successful in increasing participation. RBGs are unpopular partially because no one likes to wait in LFG for hours every night. It's not going to keep them engaged in the long-term.

If you're queuing with a full premade you won't notice a difference on your end. And if your premade's from LFG you're technically in a random, so the only difference is not choosing class comps.
05/22/2017 03:23 PMPosted by Olidastrum
05/22/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Carllotta

Comparing two different play styles is always moot. Since WoW is PvE first, PvE will always be held to a higher standard in terms of accessibility.

Solo queue exists in almost every other PvP game and has been successful in increasing participation. RBGs are unpopular partially because no one likes to wait in LFG for hours every night. It's not going to keep them engaged in the long-term.

If you're queuing with a full premade you won't notice a difference on your end. And if your premade's from LFG you're technically in a random, so the only difference is not choosing class comps.

Solo q would only make rbgs more toxic than they already are if you get matched with someone who sucks or plays a bad spec. The games with solo q let you pick your own character easily before each game starts like league and overwatch which wow wont have unless they bring back arena servers. But yea if you got matched with 3 ferals on your team and a resto shaman while the other team has warlocks and hunters your team will lose to comp
05/22/2017 03:29 PMPosted by Yaboycoop
Solo q would only make rbgs more toxic than they already are if you get matched with someone who sucks or plays a bad spec. The games with solo q let you pick your own character easily before each game starts like league and overwatch which wow wont have unless they bring back arena servers. But yea if you got matched with 3 ferals on your team and a resto shaman while the other team has warlocks and hunters your team will lose to comp

That's why games like HotS have a separate ladder for solo queue, where they're never matched against full premades. If PvP remains as it is now where comp trumps everything, a solo ladder would be the best course. Regardless of whether it's implemented, underlying issues like class stacking and OP 1v1 specs need to be resolved if there's to be a strong resurgence in activity.
05/22/2017 03:29 PMPosted by Yaboycoop

Why the feral hate?? :(
Personally, I would look to what others are doing in random bgs and I would whisper them afterwards to ask if they are interested. Arena is also an excellent place to meet people.

I don't believe Blizzard is going to help us on this. I also think rated bgs have a place, but that they will eventually go the way Ashran has with lower paticipation. At the end of the day the bulk of players will queue random. I think that's where the game is going and I also believe it's probably for the best given the reduction in pvp player base.

Also, I'm in a PvP guild. What I see is people queueing dungeon and BG. (In PvE guilds people tend to queue dungeon only.) Sometimes people will just invite me and we can play. I know quite a lot of people in PvP thanks to having so many alts, so there's usually someone to play with.
RBGs are unpopular partially because no one likes to wait in LFG for hours every night.

RBGs were popular when LFG came out in cata. They were booming.
Waiting in LFG isn't the reason RBGs/LFGs are dead. It's the state of the game clearly.

I just play a few randoms. Possibility to win is never removed, people doing their own thing just make it so much harder and prolong unnecessary games or throw them.

No offence, but it's crazy how bad the average player is at BG objectives, let alone PvP. Probably because, as you put, WoW is a PvE first game.
In that regard, PvE should be more accessible than rated PvP. Rating is supposed to mean something. PvE rating is not the same as PvP rating.

05/22/2017 03:54 PMPosted by Olidastrum
That's why games like HotS have a separate ladder for solo queue, where they're never matched against full premades. If PvP remains as it is now where comp trumps everything, a solo ladder would be the best course. Regardless of whether it's implemented, underlying issues like class stacking and OP 1v1 specs need to be resolved if there's to be a strong resurgence in activity.

All the threads about Regular BG World Problems will still exist in Rated Solo-q. You'll probably see more posts if participation increases.
How ever, you just increase Q times by implementing a third platform. I only see toxicity and losses here with the current state of PvP.
If they made RBGs queable there would be zero reason to queue random.