Toxic loot system

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Are you new to MMO loot systems or something? Random loot is random.
05/22/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Kori
05/22/2017 10:08 AMPosted by Elunester
so its the devs fault ur luck is simply not there?

P.S. I lol too

Its the dev's fault for implementing a luck based system in a skill based game.

still boring Kori go back to ur afking in bgs thread; lol u wouldn't know skill if it bit...
05/22/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Invéin
Spam keys all week, get nothing - invite someone to the group who barely plays and it's their first key = 915 loot.

Run Nighthold across 4 characters, get absolutely nothing - bad stat gear, !@#$ that's already equipped.

Farm shards, turn them in and get some trash 880, click the dauntless gear right after and get 875 titanforge bull%^-*.

Thank you, developers - this is the worst loot system I've ever seen.

1. So you are angry someone got something nice. What level was the M+? If it was a 10+ it's not surprising they got something.

2.. That's how raid gearing has always worked...

3. So you are mad that you got something better than expected?
05/22/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Invéin
05/22/2017 10:15 AMPosted by Chimmee
How about the poor saps that ran MC for over a year in Vanilla and never got their Tier pieces? It's the same as always.

How is that possible, a month into MC my guild was giving away tier pieces to new recruits..

When it smells like bull!@#$...and sounds like bull%^-*...and looks like bull!@#$...

It's probably bull%^-*.

Unless of course your guild started out by poaching 30 some odd raiders from another guild.
05/22/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Invéin
The helm and the legs were the difficult parts of t1 to acquire. By the time people were getting them, several bosses in pre-nerf BWL were already down, so people were getting geared with t2.

Right, right, that makes sense now that I think about it. It's been so long, I'm not used to raids being run concurrently.

Edit - Wait, Molten Core was available pretty early. Wasn't BWL one of the mid to late 2005 patches?
05/22/2017 10:20 AMPosted by Deathchix
people throw that word around so much and on so many things that it lost all of its meaning.

Ikr I'm toxic cause in another thread I called someone who claims to be throwing PvP games stupid so I'm toxic...
Spam keys all week, get nothing - invite someone to the group who barely plays and it's their first key = 915 loot.

Run Nighthold across 4 characters, get absolutely nothing - bad stat gear, !@#$ that's already equipped.

Farm shards, turn them in and get some trash 880, click the dauntless gear right after and get 875 titanforge bull%^-*.

Congrats. You're at the top of the loot system. The rewards will be fewer. I am sure when the next raids come out, you'll get upgrade.
05/22/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Elunester
05/22/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Kori
Its the dev's fault for implementing a luck based system in a skill based game.

still boring Kori go back to ur afking in bgs thread; lol u wouldn't know skill if it bit...

Lol just noticed it's that guy who AFKs in bgs and talks about how toxic people are for being mad at him for afking.
05/22/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Sparklehappy
And this is different from how it's always been... how?

Before I just didn't get loot.. Or had to wait an eternity for anything to drop.. Now I just get crap with versatility on it..
05/22/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Kimmiroa

1. So you are angry someone got something nice. What level was the M+? If it was a 10+ it's not surprising they got something.

1.) Yes, I am. With the hours invested and not being rewarded for it - I reserve my right to feel bitterness to someone who plays once a week for two hours and gets a piece of gear I've been going hard after.

2.) The DKP system is all but dead, top raiding guilds have basically given this expansion the middle finger. Getting the same tier piece, getting 30g consistently creates toxicity within the player. You wonder why the community is so toxic? !@#$ rolls down hill.

3.) Getting something better than expected?? I turn in 20k shards and get %^-* on, then click the trash dauntless gear and get a titanforge? Are you high?
My only question is. How is it toxic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YejxyaFyUHc&list=RDYejxyaFyUHc

It's driving me out of my mind, that's why it's hard for me to find, can't get it out of my head, miss it, THAT LOOT IS POISON.

Good enough?
05/22/2017 10:38 AMPosted by Invéin
05/22/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Kimmiroa

1.) Yes, I am. With the hours invested and not being rewarded for it - I reserve my right to feel bitterness to someone who plays once a week for two hours and gets a piece of gear I've been going hard after.

2.) The DKP system is all but dead, top raiding guilds have basically given this expansion the middle finger. Getting the same tier piece, getting 30g consistently creates toxicity within the player. You wonder why the community is so toxic? !@#$ rolls down hill.

3.) Getting something better than expected?? I turn in 20k shards and get %^-* on, then click the trash dauntless gear and get a titanforge? Are you high?

Ok I guess it's your right to feel angry. My baby cousins cry when a bubble pops. It's their right to feel how they want about that bubble just as it's yours to feel about anything in general.

From what I've heared they are burned out and it's more that some of the mythic bosses are overtuned. But from what I've every expac sees the rise and fall of high end raiding guilds. It's high stress and if theybdont reach a easy/peasy farming point they get pretty angsty.

You paid 20k shards expecting a titan forge? Why not spend 5k and get an 880 piece guarenteed? I think you are just mad about a alt gearing method not striking that less than 1% chance of a 925 titan forge.
Bad choice of words OP, but I much preferred the badge system to work towards gear when you go through dry spells instead of this layered RNG-fest that just encourages more pulls on the slot machine.

We used to have badge gear which worked well for many expacs.
OP is complaining about RNG loot when he's counting on RNG to get him gear upgrades. Irony.
05/22/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Hrothknut
Bad choice of words OP, but I much preferred the badge system to work towards gear when you go through dry spells instead of this layered RNG-fest that just encourages more pulls on the slot machine.

We used to have badge gear which worked well for many expacs.

Ehhhhh I'm so so about the badges. The shards are that system, but people don't want to think that.

Thank you, developers - this is the worst loot system I've ever seen

RNG is good for some, terrible for others. One day, you'll have all the luck and your friends will be tasting RNG lemons.
05/22/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Yolofatty
I mean OP isn't wrong... it just inspires the player to keep farming for something that he may never get.... It's pretty unfair lol

yes keep downvoting me, because it makes total sense that a raid finder raider can have a higher ilvl than a heroic/mythic raider. RNG makes total sense guys, genius!
05/22/2017 11:03 AMPosted by Yolofatty
05/22/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Yolofatty
I mean OP isn't wrong... it just inspires the player to keep farming for something that he may never get.... It's pretty unfair lol

yes keep downvoting me, because it makes total sense that a raid finder raider can have a higher ilvl than a heroic/mythic raider. RNG makes total sense guys, genius!

So salty, can I borrow some of that? I need to make a egg spinach ricotta pita pizza and I could really use some of that salt.
05/22/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Kimmiroa
05/22/2017 11:03 AMPosted by Yolofatty

So salty, can I borrow some of that? I need to make a egg spinach ricotta pita pizza and I could really use some of that salt.

Not salt when i just stated a fact about how RNG works which isn't good for the game lol