Game crashing from memory usage

Technical Support
Just logged in after 7.2.5 and im having massive issues with high memory usage. Keep getting the error message that WoW is using too much memory and when i try to use chrome with wow running ever website crashes saying that chrome ran out of memory. Even with nothing open in the background other than the battlenet launcher I am getting the error message. Game is basically unplayable for me atm.
I would love an answer to this also. For the past week or 2 I have been getting the same issue. I can play but if I leave the game running too long I get the not enough memory error and it says to close down programs. I have nothing on this computer except wow for games. 16 gigs of ram. Each time it happens , when I try to restart battle net, it has to scan and repair a problem.
Same here, almost exclusively in Dalaran. Have closed every other program, dropped video to "1," and disabled every addon. Last attempt, in rogue class hall, I immediately clicked hearthstone to escape Dalaran, and game crashed before hearthstone finished cast. This is drastically different than before patch 7.2.5.
Have you guys tried deleting the Cache folder yet? Referring to the one located in C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\

Also try disabling ALL of your addons (Fizbane andTerryl).
I have deleted my cache folder, it didnt help. I will disable all addons for awhile and see how that goes.
Happened to me too! Random DC out of nowhere???
same thing here. wow is using almost 1 gig of memory and just keeps climbing. Then my computer crashes. fun!
here is my windows error log

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 88968008
BCP2: 91612782
BCP3: C000000D
BCP4: 00000003
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061317-37546-01.dmp
C:\Users\jeff\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41062-0.sysdata.xml
Even with addons disabled I still crashed today. Says something about memory and I have to close WoW. When that happens when I try to run it the next time, I get a message saying there is something wrong with WoW and it scans and repairs it.
Still happening today, still mostly in Dalaran, but also just happened at Wyrmrest (where hundreds of toons are standing on top of Chromie).
I'm having the issue that @Tarpaulin is where my computer crashes, with the same report/event name?
Hey everyone!

So we have seen a few reports of this and have found a couple of potential causes from out of date drivers, to corrupt game files or settings, to interference from other programs. The following steps should address most of that:

Make Sure your OS and Video Drivers are up to date:

For AMD video cards go here.
For Intel go here.
For all Nvidia Video cards go here.

*If you have any addon managers installed.* They are fine programs but they have the tendency to prevent our troubleshooting steps from working. Please uninstall them and leave them off your system until we have solved the problem.

From here we need to delete the temporary game files that may be corrupted. Your game will rebuild them when you next login but this will remove all installed addons. Please do not reinstall any addons until we know the issue is resolved.

Let's reset the in game user options:
1. Click the blue bnet icon on the bnet app.
2. Choose settings, then game settings.
3. Click the reset in game user options button under the correct game listing.
4. Confirm the changes and close the window.

Run the Scan and Repair tool.

Try running your system in selective startup mode.

If you are on Windows 10, please disable the Game DVR (Please also disable GameBar and GameMode functions if you are on the Creators Build)

If you have an Nvidia GPU, please disable Nvidia Share. You can access this option through the Geforce Experience Desktop Application. Simply log into the application. Click on the gear symbol, scroll down to the Share Section and move the slider to off.
Can anyone confirm if this last answer worked? Keep getting the error on a PC. Drivers are all up to date and crashes maybe once every 2 hours or so. Extremely annoying when doing m+..
well this started happening to me. i havent tried the step above yet but im guessing blizz hasnt fixed it yet.
Hi ssylk - there is nothing for blizzard to fix. something has gone wonky on your computer, and you need to troubleshoot it. fortunately, i don't think i've ever seen someone with a memory usage problem that wasn't pretty easy to fix.

i would try all of the above listed troubleshooting steps, and if that doesn't get you fixed up i would start a brand new thread and explain your issue and what you've done, and post a dxdiag https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/12988
I am having the same issues, tried a fresh install of wow, no addons all drivers updated. Removed Razer synapese. Changed out of anti virus. Changed out my ram configuration. Removed any overclocking and tweeks. Still see the same issue.

Also who else is using razer synapse?
I just got the weird error that battle.net was blocked from access graphics. So maybe its not wow but battle.net?!
Hi Kirwen

Let's start your own troubleshooting thread on this. We like folk to have their own threads on the Tech forum here.

On you new thread paste a DXDiag report.

Here is the support page for DXDiag. (Scroll down to bottom of page for DXDiag report instructions - *we don't require the MSinfo report)

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/12988

(If you can put that wall of text in code blocks would be great. To do that paste the report in a chat box. Then right click "select all" - should highlight everything. Next click on the little </> symbol on the bar below the chat box.)