Priest class mount

Priest
I think this thing looks awesome and am tempted to level up a priest just to get it, but it's come to my attention that's an unpopular opinion. Do a majority of priests really find this thing to be stupid looking?
I do not personally like it
Yep, thing looks dorky and dumb.
Its just a mashed together model of other models, with some light coloring. It isn't priestly or related to our lore or fantasy in any way, since we basically have none. Spirit Healer-ish wings or something might have been more *class fantasy* but we'll just be getting an Owlryphon. K.
I like the idea, but I hate the smashed flat face that it has. It just looks weird to me, like he ran into a wall.
I am really looking forward to getting the mount this week. I saw a horde player in the PTR on the Disc version. It looked so nice. Some say it looks too much like the druid class mount/flight form, but I disagree.
I love it and this is why I pulled this alt out of retirement.

People have different opinions that's all.
It looks like somebody took a cat and genetically modified it so it had the head of an owl. But the experiment backfired, and they ended up with something that had the aggression of an owl and the arrogance of a cat. Then it escaped from the laboratory and started insulting people, until finally it pissed off the wrong person and got punched in the face repeatedly.
OMG Icpitl, I LOLed so hard at that. Thank you.
It's a fine model from a technical pov. And it's relatively unique and original.

The flatness of the face is jarring -- even though there are real owls with similarly flat faces, they also have owl bodies, not cat bodies. This makes it a little unsettling.

Overlooking that, though, I could see it as a mount I would use occasionally.

The biggest drawback is that it has nothing to do with Priests or Priest lore.

It looks more like someone wanted to make a mount they felt was sparkly and cute, rather than make something strongly associated with Priests.
i like that we're getting a white mount. on the other hand, the angle it holds its neck, the flatness of its face and the paper-thin almost 2-d wings look weird to me.

but i don't really like most of the class mounts anyways (just rogue and lock).

our tier pieces have an angelic theme (wings, halo, blue and white mostly), i would have thought our mount would be more celestial and graceful lol.
06/05/2017 04:39 PMPosted by Alonnie
but i don't really like most of the class mounts anyways (just rogue and lock).

The rogue one is pretty much the only one I really like. I considered getting it, but I decided I couldn't face farming another hundred marks of the Sentinax.

My ultimate dream priest mount ---
actually, my ultimate dream priest ability --- remains a pair of angel wings that lets me gather quest items without dismounting like flight form or zen flight. It doesn't need to be instant-cast; I just want to gather the quest items.
I like it. I won't use it, but only because I have the headless horseman mount.
06/05/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Icpitl
actually, my ultimate dream priest ability --- remains a pair of angel wings that lets me gather quest items without dismounting like flight form or zen flight. It doesn't need to be instant-cast; I just want to gather the quest items.

Mine would have been a white pegasus with a gold or light blue mane for holy and disc. Black pegasus with wicked glowing eyes for shadow.

Wings would have been nice too, like our ascendance ability in Ashran.
I like te Holy version. That's about it.
A cat and a bear interbred and the resulting monstrosity was so ugly that it needed a paper bag on its head. Unfortunately the only thing available was an owl. So after it wedged the owl so tightly on that it fused together, the local villagers began to hunt it down out of fear and disgust. Having no other choice, it ran (face first) into the trees... a lot...

Finally a half blind, moderately kind old priest stumbled on the wretched thing, took it in, and domesticated whatever the hell it had become.

There's the 'class fantasy' to explain why this spawn of unholy wretchedness has been foisted off on us.

That, or our gods have a cruel sense of humor... (you know, like expecting Shadow priests to be suicide bombers *cough cough*)
BliZz couldn't make up its mind which class should have the owl and why.
06/05/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Alonnie
06/05/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Icpitl

Wings would have been nice too, like our ascendance ability in Ashran.

Yea I'm not sure why they couldn't have given us ascendance, would've been easier than making an owl thing and would have made most the priest players happy.
06/05/2017 11:16 AMPosted by Maddisen
Yep, thing looks dorky and dumb.

You just described most of the WoW playerbase, so it should be a suitable mount for the priests.

Also, it's like riding David Bowie from Labyrinth. How can you pass that up?
Dear Blizzard,

Please fire whoever designed this stupid owlcat.

It looks like it's wearing a diaper.
Runs like it's wearing a diaper.
It's face looked like it flew into a tree at a young age.
The paws look like they went through a meat grinder.
The wing animation looks like they're trying to fold into an origami swan.

The absolute only thing that looks good on this mount is the feather trail as you fly away.