Upcoming Artifact Knowledge Research Hotfix

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
We’re currently working on a hotfix intended to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to reach the Artifact Knowledge cap of 40, in order to allow returning players to catch up more quickly.

Specifically, this hotfix will reduce the time it takes to research ranks of Artifact Knowledge between 26 and 40 to approximately 4 hours each. We hope to make this retroactive to any work orders already in progress when the hotfix is applied. Once these changes are live, a returning player should be able to reach the maximum level of Artifact Knowledge in only a few days.

This hotfix will require extensive testing, but our goal is to apply it within the next day or so.
Well, that pretty much eliminates the concern of leveling your artifact. Now the only real impediment for new players is building your legendary list which still takes ages
Nice! I was hoping to see this because I've had a few players return in my guild and their knowledge is so slow at adding up.
Getting legendaries isn't that bad, I got one right away on all of my alts, and this priest got three last week. I feel way more restricted by my weapon than I do "perfect" legendaries.

As a recently returned player I'm stoked for this change! :)
Zooooom~~~!
Consider also reducing the order resource cost? Not a big deal (only 7k OR), but a new or returning player will take much longer than a few days to generate 7k OR.
06/13/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Amalthea
Consider also reducing the order resource cost? Not a big deal (only 7k OR), but a new or returning player will take much longer than a few days to generate 7k OR.

This! ^
So, will that influence research already underway? Like, will my 39/40 go down to 4 hours instead of the current 2 days?
Any chance legendarys will come faster as well? With the numbers increasing and the time it takes to get legendarys and the fact that they are so crucial to some classes/specs?
06/13/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Amalthea

The order hall campaign and Legionfall campaign combined (which can be fairly easily done in a matter of days now) give over 20000 order hall resources total.
06/13/2017 12:03 PMPosted by Ornyx
We’re currently working on a hotfix intended to significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to reach the Artifact Knowledge cap of 40, in order to allow returning players to catch up more quickly.

Specifically, this hotfix will reduce the time it takes to research ranks of Artifact Knowledge between 26 and 40 to approximately 4 hours each. We hope to make this retroactive to any work orders already in progress when the hotfix is applied. Once these changes are live, a returning player should be able to reach the maximum level of Artifact Knowledge in only a few days.

This hotfix will require extensive testing, but our goal is to apply it within the next day or so.
ornyx,if this goes thru can I just say I love you man :D,im on AK 38,wouldnt have my 40th till next weekend,im at 2 days 4 hours as it stands for 39. would love to finish my AK grind by Friday :)
Reducing it to 4 hours is a huge slap to the face to whoever got AK the long way. I mean... thanks I guess, returning/new players will benefit a lot and that's great, but why did we even bother getting AK before if this change was going to be added sooner or later?
Edit: Oh so I'm being misunderstood, I'm not complaining about this change. Its great, but it shows how Blizzard can't make up their minds about how to fix this already horrible progression system that has been an issue since the patch started.
As a trans-racial man this is great news!
06/13/2017 12:29 PMPosted by Synk
Reducing it to 4 hours is a huge slap to the face to whoever got AK the long way. I mean... thanks I guess, returning/new players will benefit a lot and that's great, but why did we even bother getting AK before if this change was going to be added sooner or later?

what does it matter... those of us at AK40 can just send our alts an instant AK40 tome.

i mean all you really did was either log on the phone app or talk to the person. it's not like you had to grind out mobs/quests or dungeons for AK 40

Kinda makes those late to the game in a better position to play and not feel like they are being "gated" by time since all the time now is being reduced.

*hands tissue* Well that's too bad you wasted so much precious time waiting for AK40 when now it's instant.
I quit back in December as a tank for a us top 200 guild. Came back about a week ago and I've felt like someone's neglected alt with the lack of artifact points. Legendaries come a lot faster now than they did when I quit, and this AK change will help me close the gap.

Very excited for this change!
Hey cool change, now they get their AK up faster and get those massively nerfed LFR AP gains you tried to slip by on the patch notes by conveniently leaving them out until today

On Raid Finder difficulty, bosses no longer drop Artifact Power items. Artifact Power is now rewarded once per week at the completion of each Raid Finder wing.
06/13/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Acerix
i mean all you really did was either log on the phone app or talk to the person. it's not like you had to grind out mobs/quests or dungeons for AK 40

Oh I'm not complaining or saying it was hard at all to get AK 40, but I understand my post might seem so. Its a great change and people will love it. It just annoys me Blizzard doesn't seem to have a clear direction with certain mechanics in this expansion, changing them around every minute with hotfixes and patches.

06/13/2017 12:36 PMPosted by Torsdan
*hands tissue* Well that's too bad you wasted so much precious time waiting for AK40 when now it's instant.

Responses like this waste my precious time. You didn't read I thought the change was great? It's just confusing how Blizzard changes their mind every week about core mechanics to the expansion.

And also, its not only my time I wasted with AK, its my sub money.