Derp Drake?

Warrior
Is it me or does anyone else think the warrior class mount doesn't look all that great? It's like they took proto-drakes and gave them derp face.
Yup. Just hope for the storm Drake from valajaar chest and use that.... It's what our mounts should have been.
I actually like it, I have always been a proto-drake fan and now I am able to get a black one with some cool weapons on its saddle.
I don't get why we don't have separate colours. I play prot and I'd rather have a red version I can buy.
06/06/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Docca
Yup. Just hope for the storm Drake from valajaar chest and use that.... It's what our mounts should have been.
well blizz gave armored storm drakes to pvpers soo we get atuck with a half !@# proto derp
I like it enough. Always liked the proto Drake skeleton. It's !@#$ing massive on Tauren and it's pretty badass. The downside is the feet are not even textured
06/06/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Slurpeebuff
06/06/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Docca
well blizz gave armored storm drakes to pvpers soo we get atuck with a half !@# proto derp

Those armored storm drakes should have been for the warrior class, given they kind of made our entire storyline revolve around the zone that those drakes reside.
Derpier the better IMO. All my favourite mounts are full derp.

CM Yeti! <3
It's better looking than I thought it would be based on the pics initially released. The real issue I have is that it doesn't have the level of detail that I think it should, and it's too dark skinned.

Compared to the Ulduar drakes and Spawn of Galakkas, it's lacking detail. But the model itself is cool.

And yes, we should have order hall resources to spend on additional colors!
I like it a lot. Looks cool as hell especially having an axe for a tail
Actually...it looked a lot better before I smashed its face in during the cutscene.
06/06/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Nelmadge
I don't get why we don't have separate colours. I play prot and I'd rather have a red version I can buy.

Yeah, wish I could get the black one I get stuck with red as Arms.
There are better looking mounts out there, overall not really all that impressed. Punching it in the face was amusing though.
I know some will disagree but I've never really been a fan of the proto drakes design. And that's fine. we all like different things.
My hatred is based on the fact that in standstill pose, we hang off the front of it. apply proper gravity and we should be toppling off the front. Its awful.
I agree the stormdrakes should have been our class mount.

D: I'd kill to be able to use the new pally charger.
I dislike a lot of the class mounts. I feel like a lot of them just feel out of place and weird. For example, a Death Knight is a Knight. An undead knight, why does it make sense for them to have a dragon? They're a Death Knight, not a Death Dragon Rider.
Additionally, they are portrayed as the tails on the knight coin, whereas the Paladin is the heads of that coin. And paladin gets a pretty, holy looking horse. So why do DK's get a dragon instead of a spoopy undead skelly horse (or just a black deathcharger-ey looking one)? And why do Warlocks get a horse? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to get some sort of flying demon? I like the mage one because it's a flying magical artifact.
06/07/2017 01:11 AMPosted by Lethbert
So why do DK's get a dragon instead of a spoopy undead skelly horse (or just a black deathcharger-ey looking one)?

Because frostwyrms are somewhat iconic of the Scourge; the faction from which (playable) Death Knights originate. Quite honestly there would have been alot of disappointment if they WEREN'T frostwyrms.

06/07/2017 01:11 AMPosted by Lethbert
And why do Warlocks get a horse?

That also has to do with the whole dark rider thing warlocks have going on. I can see what you mean though. They're more suited for Aff locks than the other specs.

As for the rest:

Warriors at least make sense, as there's who knows how many tales about the warrior facing the dragon...its kinda iconic. Plus with protodrakes typically being beefier...and being less intelligent (mounts smarter than the rider?)...it makes sense.

Pallies getting a charger is...don't they have enough?...but it makes sense...again that's probably why they have so many of them already.

Shaman's having an elemental makes sense somewhat, as does mages having some abstract contraption.

But beyond those it really just seems like "for lack of any better idea."

Cloud serpents are already available to everyone...but what about the other three celestials that just happen to correspond to the three monk specs? Why couldn't monks have gotten one that summons [the offspring] of a celestial corresponding to their current spec?

i really like the hunter one, especially with my hunter being a Worgen and it being wolf-like. But it's kinda out of nowhere...I can imagine on a nelf/belf hunter I would probably prefer an owlcat.

Same goes for the priest. Looks cool, but still a new species solely for the purpose of having a class mount.

Rogues? Agian, I like it...but it's not very rogue-like other than sharing part of the name with the class leader. But then agian...what is a rogue? You can have a sneaky thief who avoids all creatures to accomplish his mission. An assassin who touches no items and kills only a single target. A drunken brawler in a Booty Bay tavern who couldn't sneak past a blind AND deaf guard to save all the riches in the world...all three are equally rogues. What are you really going to do? What even is rogue like?

But anyhow, that really just leaves DH/Druid...and those just seem phoned in.

As long as they were going to divide the druid mounts up by race (which I do like) they could have made them more racially themed. The form really only looks right for nelfs. Why not give worgen a dread raven form? What about a pterodactly for trolls? Tauren can get a thunder bird for their native american theme...it's a missed opportunity.
I dislike it.

Storm Drake fits better in every way.
06/07/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Delmore
Storm Drake fits better in every way.

While I agree, they already used that for the paragon cache and gladiator mounts.
If you look rly close, they have tiny T-Rex arms
06/07/2017 08:32 AMPosted by Norvin
If you look rly close, they have tiny T-Rex arms

It's literally a deformed storm Drake.