Destiny 2 to have PS4-exclusive content

Games, Gaming and Hardware
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-destiny-2-ps4-exclusive-items-revealed/1100-6450871/

So in other words, Blizzard secured an arrangement whereby those of us who buy the game and play it via the Blizzard platform (aka battle.net) will get less content for the same price as those who buy it on console.

I guess that's just the way these things go anymore, but if Blizzard wanted to impress the gaming industry as a stand-up company they ought to pull support for Destiny 2 until the content is released for all platforms (or at least until the PC version is not locked out of any exclusives).
I hate exclusivity deals like this.
06/12/2017 07:19 PMPosted by Lorinall
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-destiny-2-ps4-exclusive-items-revealed/1100-6450871/

So in other words, Blizzard secured an arrangement whereby those of us who buy the game and play it via the Blizzard platform (aka battle.net) will get less content for the same price as those who buy it on console.

I guess that's just the way these things go anymore, but if Blizzard wanted to impress the gaming industry as a stand-up company they ought to pull support for Destiny 2 until the content is released for all platforms (or at least until the PC version is not locked out of any exclusives).

.. the first Destiny had PS exclusive content, too.

This is not shocking. And Make no mistake, Blizzard has no voice in destiny being on Bnet. That was a command from on high, no matter what e PR says. Kotick Wanted it, and that was that.
The PC version will be available on October 24th. Blizzard has started taking pre-orders though.

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/destiny2

The PC version launches AFTER the console versions. It would be lame if an exclusive was included in the later launch version and on probably for the platform on which the fewest copies will be sold (of the three platforms). But who knows, the game and port might turn out to be fantastic.
You can tell Blizzard itself had no say in the pricing and exclusives just by looking at the pricing. $59.99USD for a base game, that screams Activision.
06/12/2017 11:17 PMPosted by Budgy
You can tell Blizzard itself had no say in the pricing and exclusives just by looking at the pricing. $59.99USD for a base game, that screams Activision.

Activision product, Activision price. Paid guaranteed beta invite too. Wondering when/if WoW will ever do that again. lol
Any change on stance as to Dedicated Servers yet?
$59.99USD for a base game, that screams Activision.

Is that... a lot? That seems like a standard price to me.

edit to add: The real ripoff to me is I just looked at the products offered for PC and the "digital deluxe" edition is a joke. A unique EMOTE??? For A HUNDRED DOLLARS??!!!!

hhahahaahahhahahahahahaaaahhhaa

No special packaging. No physical product to display. No behind the scenes/ making of DVDs. NOTHING.

...but an /emote.

Now THAT, my friends, is a disgusting money grab.
06/12/2017 07:19 PMPosted by Lorinall

Blizzard is only handelling the PC distro for downloads and account management.
Also Blizzard is part of Activision while has a contract most likely with Sony lasting for some years or for the destiny franchise
Not happy that people on the PS4 get an extra pvp map and a strike. I don't care about the gear, and weapons but that is just....ugh...
Isn't it an FPS? Why in Odin's name would anyone use a console to play an FPS?
06/15/2017 12:08 PMPosted by Searik

Community.

The VAST majority of people who play multiplayer shooters play on consoles. CoD, for instance, regularly sells millions more copies on just ONE console than on PC.
06/15/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Kagthul
06/15/2017 12:08 PMPosted by Searik

Community.

The VAST majority of people who play multiplayer shooters play on consoles. CoD, for instance, regularly sells millions more copies on just ONE console than on PC.

This and the fact you don't get rampant cheating on consoles.

Most shooters on PC only live a couple so years then die down for the next big thing or back to csgo, overwatch, or tf2

That just screams "normal AAA pricing for the last 10 years..."
06/16/2017 09:35 PMPosted by Rainsinger

That just screams "normal AAA pricing for the last 10 years..."

Plain white bread for $60. I think some expected extras like a WoW related special offer or pet/mount/skin. After all, D2 is affecting WoW players through WoW token prices.