Healer Peeling

Battlegrounds
if i were to faction change and solo que random bgs will i notice a difference in the amount of peels i get?
06/04/2017 08:22 PMPosted by Fatpplareus
if i were to faction change and solo que random bgs will i notice a difference in the amount of peels i get?

Probably not.
as a tauren druid you will be able to peel for yourself. warstomp into cyclone

problem solved

Nope, you won't. Unless by peels you mean when Chïllïdânkx spams chat with "WTF WARE DAFUG DA HEELZ AT?"
Out of curiosity do you ask for peels at the start of the match?
06/04/2017 10:04 PMPosted by Corpseworth

no, but i dont think people would listen anyway. worth a shot though. plus never thought of it tho. but then again i shouldnt have to ask for peels, people should just know to do it
06/04/2017 10:17 PMPosted by Fatpplareus
06/04/2017 10:04 PMPosted by Corpseworth

no, but i dont think people would listen anyway. worth a shot though. plus never thought of it tho

Just press bear form lots
06/04/2017 10:19 PMPosted by Deshxx
no, but i dont think people would listen anyway. worth a shot though. plus never thought of it tho

Just press bear form lots

bear form only goes so far, when you have multiple people on you

I absolutely promise you that you will NOT see a difference in players peeling for you on Horde side.

The only time I get peeled is if I queue with a friend.
06/04/2017 10:23 PMPosted by Fran

I absolutely promise you that you will NOT see a difference in players peeling for you on Horde side.

then either blizzard or all healer mains need to run an information campaign on how to peel for healers
but then again i shouldnt have to ask for peels, people should just know to do it

People should just know to do a lot of things.
well tbh many healers ask for peels then sit there tanking dps. should kite back to range. i always peel for healers but its impossible if they sit there tanking them or running into the opposing team.
Having played both as horde and alliance, I can tell you the answer is definitely no

And, in a random bg you should fully expect too be trained on, and set your talents with this expectation

It sucks, but it's just how it is
Am a casual gamer, I solo queue as 100pct resto in randoms and let me just say you will be disappointed if you want to faction xfer for horde side peels, LOL.

Here some tips tho. If 1 or 2 on you, say a rogue, etc. Don't run away from the group. Stead, lead him back into the middle of the pile, you be surprised how many back off when this happens, lol.

If a bunch are on you and notice the dps are struggling trying to hold a cap, don't lead the mob back onto the flag or cart circle-=silver shard mines. Stead play distractor and make them chase you as faraway from those locales as possible. You will die but will bide time for the group to recover aka ressers / backup from other areas..

Adjust your talents for self preservation, AOE roots, snares, druid version of blink, cyclone etc. LOL
Your avg bg'er doesnt eve know what peels are
06/05/2017 03:40 AMPosted by Shâd
Your avg bg'er doesnt eve know what peels are

this
took me a !@#$ing century to find out what peel meant in BGs. The sheer idea that healers expect to be protected was a " lol wtf you serious? "
disagree with me all you want, i've been healing BGs since 2005 in every bracket
06/04/2017 10:25 PMPosted by Fatpplareus
06/04/2017 10:23 PMPosted by Fran

then either blizzard or all healer mains need to run an information campaign on how to peel for healers

People won't listen. They could careless about peeling for a healer. Why should Blizzard even be involved. Look at the number of healers in bgs now. Some times you get many healers and sometimes you get zero healers. I have noticed though that alliance does have more healers queuing where as horde doesn't have that many queuing. I personally stopped queuing heals for bgs at this time unless I queue with friends then I will heal becuase I know they will peel if we are in the same area.
If you need peels so often, then you're probably positioning and/or wasting CDs or blink.

You would probably notice a difference from your anecdotal perspective, although it's not likely to be a very accurate one until you've played a !@#$ ton of games.
Whenever I practice healing, I have the following two macros I spam as /yell if I don't notice immediate peels.

/yell GET THIS GUY OFF ME! HELP HELP

/yell HELP HELP! PEEL PEEL!

Simple, and probably annoying, but it works wonders for all the derps around me. Literally night and day difference.