Red Dragonflight extinction

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
06/07/2017 11:25 AMPosted by Krauser
Didn't know that there was an achieve till after I got my mount. Most likely wouldn't have the heart to do it anyway. I would feel like a total d**k over a petty reason and I only killed one that was the one guarding the book.

Didn't need to kill him, actually. If you Asphyxiate him, you have ample time to loot the book and slide down the hill (Which, incidentally, is the max length of his leash - its very short). Just mount up and Leeroy dash out of the place and you are golden.

Why not killing any of the Reds isn't an achievement is beyond me. Its harder and is a huge "Proved you wrong" moment to the Lich King.
06/07/2017 12:11 PMPosted by Troggles
06/07/2017 11:25 AMPosted by Krauser
Didn't know that there was an achieve till after I got my mount. Most likely wouldn't have the heart to do it anyway. I would feel like a total d**k over a petty reason and I only killed one that was the one guarding the book.

Still don't know that I have the heart to go kill them all, just curious if I can do it.

I probably killed about 10-15 while I was in there (a little too lazy at watching my aggro radius). The only one that I made a decision that needed to be killed was the book one.
I would like to know if there is anyway to go back now... I spared them all.
06/07/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Eleanõr
Why not killing any of the Reds isn't an achievement is beyond me. Its harder and is a huge "Proved you wrong" moment to the Lich King.

That would be a nice achievement and I would be trying to get it.
Not on my watch, only one that ate it was the loremaster holding the book.
Is there anyway to go back and get this? I feel like an idiot now not researching prior to going in.
06/05/2017 08:18 PMPosted by Espure
There doesn't seem to be any real motivation other than carnage.

" omg the red dragons are being meanie bo beenies, slaughter them if u want "

" OKAY LICH KING! "
06/07/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Uncleromell
It's almost like you have no clue what a Death Knight is.

They are literally addicted to causing carnage.

You don't have to kill the remaining Red Dragonflight. But my DK sure did, and enjoyed every minute of it.

This is kinda true, yet kinda false. I'm not sure if someone else corrected it, or not. But I'm going to. Death knights aren't 'addicted to causing carnage'. They suffer wracking pains, which is another form of hunger. If they do not inflict pain, torture, or kill for a certain amount of time, they begin to feel pain themselves which leads to possible insanity.

That being said, the thing of it has always been that the death knights point their regrettably necessary pain causing abilities at targets that would otherwise threaten the safety of Azeroth. They are soldiers who were brought back against their will and continue to serve in a manner that goes above and beyond any normal military ranking member of the Horde or Alliance. They are not ruthless killing machines that do nothing other than inflict pain for the sake of doing it and some odd sadistic satisfaction.

Every death knight is different and if we're talking about a lore perspective, and an RP one, there are certainly some who would become messed up as a result of this and possibly kill the innocent. If such a large amount of innocent death was wracked up though, prior to this expansion, said death knight would be instantly taken out by the Ebon Blade. This sudden shift in direction with Legion's iteration of the death knights is very much so against what we've known to date, and quite frankly, feels like lazy writing.
06/05/2017 08:18 PMPosted by Jove
Why does blizzard have a hatred for the dragonflights there one of the most interesting species in lore. I'm just sad blizzards killing off a interesting part of warcraft.

Blizz is killing off this whole game (which used to be the best game ever) piece by piece.
Very very sad, and really ununderstandable, but it's the truth.
I killed the two by the book and one whelp that chased me there that got caught in my AOE. Ruby Sanctum is still full of whelps and reds for me.

Blizzard won't make it canon that a player class eliminated one of the Flights.
I think all 3 of their campaign questlines (7.0, follower and mount) is foreshadowing some LK stuff, since the theme seems to be "we aren't serving the LK, but we do what he asks us to do"

06/07/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Raekorn
Why didn't the paladins do anything? The ebon blade are already on thin ice. It's their duty to stop this corruption.

The forums will light up with "OMFG why are they fighting while the legion is invading", like the stormheim ones. Im more annoyed the DKs got into the miraculously near empty COH at all so easily, and the fact Darion is basically "I don't want to do this, but if you want to ill go all the way". In saying that, I don't think the paladins want to start a fight over another failed attack on lights hope chapel at that time, considering its either before or after their campaign finale

Also its implied during the corrupted ashbringer skin finale that Maxwell would forgive them for the attack on the condition they "create" the corrupted ashbringer.
06/05/2017 08:18 PMPosted by Jove
Why does blizzard have a hatred for the dragonflights there one of the most interesting species in lore. I'm just sad blizzards killing off a interesting part of warcraft.

"Age of Mortals" blah blah blah. Puts the player in the god seat.
06/05/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Falize
Congrats?

Does this mean alexstrasza needs to strt breeding again?

;^)
06/05/2017 11:05 PMPosted by Karameldanse
Well this should make hanging out at Moonguard's Goldshire Inn interesting.

Oh it is...
06/06/2017 06:56 AMPosted by Lovefool
Well then I guess it is a simple choice....

We kill all the death knights...

Anytime you feel lucky, bent-back. *Draws her runeblade*

Posted by Karameldanse

We don't talk about that place round these here parts...

Standard rates.
06/06/2017 06:56 AMPosted by Lovefool
Well then I guess it is a simple choice....

We kill all the death knights...

Anytime you feel lucky, bent-back. *Draws her runeblade*

Posted by Karameldanse

We don't talk about that place round these here parts...

Standard rates.

I guess the best way is to sick the DHs on the DKs. They will need something to do after Legion is dealt w/. Plus I am sure Illidan has a grudge
I killed them all. Loved it! I wish it was a daily quest.
06/07/2017 05:47 PMPosted by Arryk
I killed the two by the book and one whelp that chased me there that got caught in my AOE. Ruby Sanctum is still full of whelps and reds for me.

Blizzard won't make it canon that a player class eliminated one of the Flights.

No. They will however later make it canon that the Lich King saw to the wiping out of Ruby sanctum. Quests have more impact than you know.
It doesn't make a big difference re: the feat of strength, I found a thread in the EU forums,

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615664181
Posted by Aerythlea
This Feat of Strength wasn’t actually intended to go live. We’d decided some time ago that it didn’t really fit in line with our philosophies regarding achievements, particularly due to the non-repeatable nature of the Class Mount questline. Once 7.2.5 is released, it will no longer be granted, and will be removed from players who had already received it.

copy and pasted but it is a blue post
Feedback from the community noted that a missable achievement was unfun for the players that missed it. While we've chosen to remove the Feats of Strength granted in the questlines overall, the voice line from Bolvar will still play if players do choose to go down this path as Death Knights.

As was alluded to, these Feats were not meant to go live, as we had previously decided that they were misaligned with our general look towards achievements, namely that they were unobtainable if missed in a non-repeatable quest area. Again, these will no longer be obtainable in 7.2.5, and for players who did obtain the achievement it will be removed.
06/08/2017 10:37 AMPosted by Ornyx
Feedback from the community noted that a missable achievement was unfun for the players that missed it. While we've chosen to remove the Feats of Strength granted in the questlines overall, the voice line from Bolvar will still play if players do choose to go down this path.

As was alluded to, these Feats were not meant to go live, as we had previously decided that they were misaligned with our general look towards achievements, namely that they were unobtainable if missed in a non-repeatable quest area. Again, these will no longer be obtainable in 7.2.5, and for players who did obtain the achievement it will be removed.

Great. I also agree that this achievement was easily missable which may cause frustration.