DH nerfs were not needed

Arenas
Class is complete garbage now. It was terrible before but now its dumpster tier.

Removing the stun on meta and nerfing that honor talent was way too much. And now that Rogues and Warriors are overpowered there's no point to a DH. They're basically a worse version of both of those classes above and deal less damage.

Kids that have played DH since launch should be given medals for their commitment to a class that not only gets nerfed every patch but also has to take abuse from other kids that hate DH for some reason.

Lowest class rep in the game will only be lower this season.
good
06/15/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Tomcooley
Class is complete garbage now. It was terrible before but now its dumpster tier.

Removing the stun on meta and nerfing that honor talent was way too much. And now that Rogues and Warriors are overpowered there's no point to a DH. They're basically a worse version of both of those classes above and deal less damage.

Kids that have played DH since launch should be given medals for their commitment to a class that not only gets nerfed every patch but also has to take abuse from other kids that hate DH for some reason.

LOL @ downvotes for logic. Thats what this forum is in a nutshell.
06/15/2017 07:14 PMPosted by Rodakx
Nobody wants Demon Hunters to even exist in PvP in the first place. Their current iteration is too mindless and mongoloid without much separating low and high rated Demon Hunters.

Also it's Rorke so anything he says is going to get downvoted regardless.
06/15/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Crypticfrost
Nobody wants Demon Hunters to even exist in PvP in the first place. Their current iteration is too mindless and mongoloid without much separating low and high rated Demon Hunters.

Sure kid. Let's act like DH is the only braindead class in this game.

It's not like DK or Warrior isn't braindead either.

The DH nerfs are a joke. Class was never good to begin with and got nerfed anyway. It deals a lot of damage but has nothing kit wise over Warriors/Rogues.
No sympathy for dh
I have a 110 of rogue dk and mage and i can honestly say i have to put more thought into my DH games than rogue or dk because my class just doesnt do anything, and the cds are so long that if you mess them up or get peeled during them you're just afk spamming chaos strike for 200k until cds
They just gonna give us some new op move like 7.1.5 mana break instead of fixing the class and we will be op af for a week everyone will hate dh even more even the dh players and blizz will nerf that ability and pretend they didn't know it was cancer for the game after months of players saying it's too strong
06/15/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Crypticfrost
06/15/2017 07:14 PMPosted by Rodakx

Also it's Rorke so anything he says is going to get downvoted regardless.

While I agree rorke can be a troll, he's correct in this case.

Dh has been one of the weakest class in 3's for a couple seasons now. We are in rather dire need of buffs.

Just because you have been rapidly killed by a class doesn't mean it's good or has a low skill cap.

The fact is dh is incredibly weak against everything but a couple comps.

If you don't believe me, the #1 ally dh last season, then you're just not good enough to understand how bad the class is.
He's not wrong. But DH suffers from rogue-syndrome. If we're too strong the entire game is seemingly unplayable for any one else. I feel for you my purple colored brothers. Unfortunately rogues have a better "spellbook" to keep them playable even in the worst of times.
06/15/2017 07:53 PMPosted by Feldorn

Dh has been one of the weakest class in 3's for a couple seasons now. We are in rather dire need of buffs.

Just because you have been rapidly killed by a class doesn't mean it's good or has a low skill cap.

If you don't believe me, the #1 ally dh last season, then you're just not good enough to understand how bad the class is.
Regardless of damage numbers, this is not skill, good play, or hard to do:

https://forge.gg/ChuckDewland/VmlkZW86ODc5MTAx

That said, they are definitely the worst DPS class by far after the changes and it sucks that they don't have another spec to switch to other than a tank one.

I agree that they need buffs. The solitude change and the meta stun removal absolutely destroyed them because that's all they did was gimmick you. They need actual mechanics. "Skillful" things to do with their mobility other than mongo a single target all game.
TFW when your downvote is the one that dims the post.

i.imgur.com/zGHNzyG.jpg
You make it sound like they're vanilla players and not just people who happened to FotM reroll when legion hit. I can't help but notice you're posting from a rogue right now as well... which further proves that point

06/15/2017 01:43 PMPosted by Aoedin
this guy is crap
06/15/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Crypticfrost

That said, they are definitely the worst DPS class by far after the changes and it sucks that they don't have another spec to switch to other than a tank one.

I agree that they need buffs. The solitude change and the meta stun removal absolutely destroyed them because that's all they did was gimmick you. They need actual mechanics. "Skillful" things to do with their mobility other than mongo a single target all game.

I absolutely agree, well said.
06/15/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Crypticfrost

At work so didn't read full post but watched that clip and this isn't an accurate example of dh at all this is the day/week of 7.1.5 when mana break was doing base 15% health and up to 70% of someone's health when oom, which was quickly reverted like 3 days later and there has never been a time dh was able to do this afterward. Since I didn't read the rest I will go and do that now because you may have had some good points mentioned but this is literally a clip of mana break doing 500k with full mana it's the top comment on that 5 month old video and everyone told blizzard when it was on ptr it would be way too overpowered and they didn't listen and it went live and was insane for the week that it lasted. After it got nerfed no one ever used that ability again. Gonna go read the post tho forgive me

Edit : jus went back and re read your post was really expecting your post to be bashing dh but you're right, that clip is just bad tho mana break was insane and no one thought it was a good idea not even us the dh players. Blizz def needs to do something tho someone datamined a new dh ability that looked like it would end up being really good but it "didn't make it" to live and wasn't actually on ptr either but the meta thing sucks. Our chaos strike was nerfed for our gold trait then our gold trait was nerfed and chaos is still 15% less dmg
I'd slap the !@#$ out of holinka
06/15/2017 08:10 PMPosted by Fox
You make it sound like they're vanilla players and not just people who happened to FotM reroll when legion hit. I can't help but notice you're posting from a rogue right now as well... which further proves that point

[/quote]

How do you know every demon hunter played it because it was OP?

What if they just liked the class?

And why does it matter if people Fotm? There's nothing wrong with playing to win. Only scrubs measure fairness in a video game.
DH actually does more dmg this patch. the issue was indirect nerfs to its only viable comp (dh/boomkin)

these nerfs being:

imprison now immunes CC. So you can't root/beam or clone followup on it
meta stun. was very important for the burst combo, now u have to waste a global on ur other stun
rise of lock/shaman: both these classes are heavy counterclasses to our comp.

only time will tell what/if another DH comp becomes viable.