Additional Tuning for 7.2.5 Release

Class Development
1 2 3 12 Next
As Patch 7.2.5 approaches release, we wanted to let you know that there are a number of tuning hotfixes in the works which we plan to apply either with or shortly after Patch 7.2.5 in each region. Many of these changes will be focused on PvP (and we shared the majority of them on Friday), but there will also be adjustments to a few Nighthold raid mechanics, and an initial set of buffs to a few underperforming specs.

Note: We’re planning another round of class tuning for later in the week once we have more data from live realms; these are merely a first pass. Additionally, we plan to partially reduce the 7.2.5 nerf to Draught of Souls for Fury Warriors.

We’ll share full details on all of these changes as soon as possible.
HOPE, THE WORST OF ALL POISONS.

Also to quote myself

Please just make it so arcane/fire mages don't permanently feel like they should've gone frost at almost all times.

Bonus points if you can do it without making frost mages feel bad about themselves.
hoping yall will look at WW, as well as feral and balance.

they're still stuck in a tough spot atm even with some of the patch buffs.
Hoping for the best some classes my own included feel pretty shafted.
incoming angry posts
Hope we see some changes to WW as well as balance and possibly ret.
06/12/2017 10:24 PMPosted by Wälsh
incoming angry posts

I always have low expectations of blizzard improving pvp in Legion.... Still usually end up disappointed when blizzard ends up making things worse.
Shadow
#RetLivesMatter REEEE
Do not partially reduce the DoS nerf, it's a horrible trinket to play around.
I don't even have hope at this point, I'm just setting my expectations to zero and we'll see if these hotfixes mean whether Blizzard actually recognized any feedback or whether they're still full speed ahead on this train wreck of a "class fantasy" philosophy.
06/12/2017 10:16 PMPosted by Lore
As Patch 7.2.5 approaches release, we wanted to let you know that there are a number of tuning hotfixes in the works which we plan to apply either with or shortly after Patch 7.2.5 in each region. Many of these changes will be focused on PvP (and we shared the majority of them on Friday), but there will also be adjustments to a few Nighthold raid mechanics, and an initial set of buffs to a few underperforming specs.

Note: We’re planning another round of class tuning for later in the week once we have more data from live realms; these are merely a first pass. Additionally, we plan to partially reduce the 7.2.5 nerf to Draught of Souls for Fury Warriors.

We’ll share full details on all of these changes as soon as possible.

Haha pull the slot machine lever and see if your class that's already underperforming is gonna still be ignored! Gotta love class design in 2017 World of Warcraft
revert the demon blade change. make it 100% again.

AND FIX THE MECHANICAL ISSUES OF SHADOWPRIEST.
lol I don't believe that anymore
06/12/2017 10:32 PMPosted by Greìl
Do not partially reduce the DoS nerf, it's a horrible trinket to play around.

Do not agree. it would be nice to be a bit more powerful to progress into tomb of sargeras with, although it shouldent be on the power level that we have to farm titanforge ones for tomb.
Hoping to see some adjustments to the lower end classes, and some demon hunter changes. While they shouldn't be overpowered having played the spec a fair bit now I have to say some sort of change is definitely due, when not using demon blades the spec feels fairly incorrect simply because demons bite does not seem to build fury fast enough for the ravenous consumption the spec wants.

There has to be some sort of nice middle ground without overpowering Havoc.

I expected to see something like this as the patch notes left quite a few specs out of any changes and they could all use a little bit of work here and there. Must sometimes be quite annoying to hit a definite patch date and realize how much more time you need to get everything in place and working.
...and an initial set of buffs to a few underperforming specs...

So like, 2-3% more damage on Shadow Word: Pain right? The issues we have with the spec are based on non-tuning changes made in 7.15 when Lingering Insanity was made a talent, the double ramp caused by Mass Hysteria, Mind Sear was blended into Mind Flay with a SW:P requirement, and the talent StM that devs refuse to actually address the impossibility to balance. On top of this our single target is severely lacking in comparison to even the middle of the pack let alone the top dogs which are ~15% higher than us (along with Destruction, Unholy, and shaman dps specs, some of which have received attention and I have no idea where they're landing after the patch). That can be tuned by adjusting the numbers on Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Death similarly to the PvP adjustments that have been made to them though perhaps not quite as high. After getting 10% SW:P damage should we expect a well thought out set of changes or just more non-meaningful buffs to aspects of our damage that you guys complained about and nerfed in EN and are now slowly reverting because you realized you screwed up?
06/12/2017 10:36 PMPosted by Felreaver
revert the demon blade change. make it 100% again.
Feral buffs please. Don't want to feel like a piece crap until I finally get 4-piece t20.
there better be A LOT of windwalker buffs in this, because....... yeah, lets not get into that.

* twiddles thumbs praying blizz fix this spec *