Tuning adjustments for June 20

Class Development
1 2 3 13 Next
Following the release of Patch 7.2.5, we continue to monitor every spec's performance and make tuning adjustments as necessary. With the opening of the Tomb of Sargeras in mind, during scheduled maintenance on June 20, we expect to make the following changes:

Demon Hunter
  • Vengeance
    • Damage of all abilities reduced by 5%.
    • Spirit Bomb damage reduced by 33%.
Hunter
  • Survival
    • Damage of all abilities increased by 3%.
Mage
  • Arcane
  • Fire
Monk
  • Brewmaster
    • Stagger now has 40% effectiveness against Magic damage (was 50%).
Paladin
  • Retribution
    • Damage of all abilities increased 3.5%
Priest
  • Discipline
    • Evangelism now has a duration of 6 seconds (was 7 seconds).
Shaman
  • Elemental
    • Smoldering Heart proc chance is now 10% per 100 Maelstrom spent (was 20%).
Warlock
  • Affliction
  • Destruction
Warrior
  • Arms
    • Trauma can no longer Critically Strike.
    • Damage of all abilities reduced by 4%.

In addition to the class changes above, we're doing some final tuning on a couple of the forthcoming Tier-20 sets:

• Brewmaster Monk Tier 20 2-piece now has a 40% chance to generate a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere (was 100%).
  • Retribution Paladin Tier 20 2-piece bonus now increases Blade of Justice damage by 20% (was 15%).
When will Unholy receive changes to Festering Strike?

When will Unholy receive talents reworks or rebalances?

When will Unholy become a spec that has consistency rather than being a slot machine simulator?
K.
06/16/2017 03:37 PMPosted by Kaivax
Smoldering Heart proc chance is now 10% per 100 Maelstrom spent (was 20%).

go
screw
yourself

holy crap

just remove elemental
it's pretty obvious how much you hate it
So is 3.5% the max you're allowed to buff Ret per pass and we'll be back to mid tier in 3 to 4 weeks?
Brewmaster Monk Tier 20 2-piece now has a 40% chance to generate a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere (was 100%).

Damn, talk about doing surgery with sledge hammer

You fix dps rng with special delivery then turn around and tie survivability to rng.

Awesome work!
06/16/2017 03:47 PMPosted by Bellymental
Smoldering Heart proc chance is now 10% per 100 Maelstrom spent (was 20%).

go
screw
yourself

holy crap

just remove elemental
it's pretty obvious how much you hate it

Pretty much. If they're going to nerf our BiS legendary by 50% - the only thing that was going to save us in ToS - they need to buff our damage by a good bit more than 3%. Better yet, MAKE EARTH SHOCK SCALE WITH MASTERY. Do SOMETHING to make our full maelstrom dump do some REAL damage. And give us something to help with mobile damage. 3% is just NOT going to do it :(
sigh.

I appreciate the buff, but why don't you guys do real fixes? Arcane has a bunch of bad talents. It's probably the same for many classes but after you guys got rid of Quickening, some talents are literally unusable. Why can't they get looked at as well?
Oh look buffs and nerfs, glad we looked at NH logs and made threads complaining about it.
3 PERCENT?!?!?!? LMAO
Thanks!
Thanks guys :) Have a good weekend.
Well that's about the best arcane could hope for at this point. Hopefully next patch we'll see a rework.

I was hoping for more than 3%, but 3% will have to do.
Brewmaster Monk Tier 20 2-piece now has a 40% chance to generate a Gift of the Ox Healing Sphere (was 100%).

Can someone help me make a coin flip weakaura so that whenever I used a brew I get a visual representation of the RNG involved? Oh wait, the odds are actually worse than a coin flip.

P.S. seriously though, RNG for tanks is no-beuno. Please make it non RNG. There was already a lot of RNG with 7 different amounts of healing that an orb can do, this is just too much.
Only 3% -fire mages-???? Are you joking? Like for real 3% is NOTHING compared to how OP frost spec is in ToS. Please stop trolling us, 3% is nothing. We're still a dead spec. God
06/16/2017 03:53 PMPosted by Oudisious
3 PERCENT?!?!?!? LMAO

yep now we should only do 20 something % below frost as fire not 23 or so %

i so happy :)
06/16/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Jovey
So is 3.5% the max you're allowed to buff Ret per pass and we'll be back to mid tier in 3 to 4 weeks?

Being average is a good place. Not every class can be the best
Way, way too shy with the buffs, at least towards ele.

I appreciate that their strategy here is to simultaneously nerf the top end while buffing the underperformers. This makes us better relative to the top dogs, but its still too incremental. At this rate, we're going to have a crappy tier yet again. This 3% buff needs to be somewhere between %5 and %7. 3% is just not enough, period.

They've been overly cautious when changing these numbers. It's all a drop in the bucket, and I'm afraid I'm going to be sat eventually.
Priest - DisciplineEvangelism now has a duration of 6 seconds (was 7 seconds).

can't have anyone touching your precious resto druids eh?
Following the release of Patch 7.2.5, we continue to monitor every spec's performance and make tuning adjustments as necessary. With the opening of the Tomb of Sargeras in mind, during scheduled maintenance on June 20, we expect to make the following changes:

Demon Hunter
  • Vengeance
    • Spirit Bomb damage reduced by 33%.

Was a fun week
/sad