Error 500 and 404 on Forums

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
having a problem also using chrome....
06/17/2017 05:30 AMPosted by Sawcey
06/16/2017 09:29 PMPosted by Kuranna
Using Safari?

I found your issue.

happening with chrome too so you actually didn't.
Using Firefox myself and it's happening to me too.
This happens with any browser I use. And it happens more often than it doesn't.

It's taken me almost 5 minutes to get this thing to allow me to edit this post. It kept saying I needed a character created in game to post. Also, the edit button was gone most of the time. Then of course there were the general not found errors this thread is for.

At this point this doesn't surprise me. This expansion has been horribly buggy and just plain sloppy. Why should the forums be any different?
I had the problem with Firefox until just now. What I did was log in, and now it seems to work. Also, cannot use launcher to get into the game...it is telling me it is waiting for a download... so I got in the old fashioned way.
Yep same happened to me using chrome.
Strange. I figured I was the only one getting this problem and that it's because I've been relying on South African Internet to browse the forums.

This is a problem on Chrome as well, oddly enough.

I even got three 404s trying to post this!
It seems like it is getting worse. Half of the topics I click on i'm getting 404 or 500. Starting to get ridiculous.
I got that with mobile google chrome.
06/17/2017 06:43 AMPosted by Hasil
It seems like it is getting worse. Half of the topics I click on i'm getting 404 or 500. Starting to get ridiculous.

Yeah the forums are having issues across all Blizzard forums. I don't know the codes or systems or who hosts them but something has gone horribly wrong. It seems to happen every week now.
Feels like load balancing broke.
Hopefully they figure out whatever it is and fix it soon.

It's 100% a serverside issue, so it doesn't matter which browser you're using.

For now, keep refreshing and you'll get a page. It may take a few tries.
Same here. Happens in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. Accessing threads and trying to post serves up 404 and 500 errors. Sometimes boots you out of account log-in.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I !@#$-surfed, weak and weary, Over many a strange and spurious %^-*-site of "hot chicks galore", While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, "Tis not possible," I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!" Quoth the server, "404."
I'm using Firefox and having the issue -_-, really annoying.
I am using chrome and it has given me multiple errors trying to get on any blizz forum page.
Blizzard fix the forums please! 500 & 404 to death + "You need a character (created in-game) to post on the forums." o.O
Me, too. The trouble started about the same time the bugginess of the Highmountain Invasion last night. I'd go to post in one of the many threads about it, just o get the error, which made it look like Blizz chose to delete the threads about the problem, rather than address it.
Hey all,

We're aware of the 404/500 errors with the forums right now and are working to resolve the issue. It's affecting all Blizzard forums on the US, so you'll likely experience this on any of our boards. We don't have an ETA on a fix just yet, but we appreciate all the reports.

Keep an eye on this thread. I'm stickying it now, and will keep you posted if there's anything to share.
Same issues with Chrome on OS X. I actually can't even get to the second page of this thread because it gives a 404.
Are they working now? (toes the water tentatively) O.O