Why was AK50 nerfed to AK40 again?

General Discussion
It has done nothing but make you grind longer to get concordance and this is a pain when you have alts.

But I have a proposal:

Since AK50 cap was nerfed to AK40, getting to Concordance of the Legionfall is harder to obtain on alts. I'm asking Blizz to at least meet us half way and buff the proc chance to get double AP on the final class hall trait Legionfall United to at least 50%.

This will make it easier for our alts to reach Concordance and also will maintain the tried and true RNG aspect of the game.
We reached concordance faster then expected. No need for 50AK they said.
40 is good enough for even alts,im not power grinding my DH and warlock's weapons to concordance at all,i mostly just play on my druid here so I don't really care much about alts,that may change the closer we get to the end,but I'm finding it a bit strained to try to play 3 different characters with the AP grind,so I don't even bother
06/19/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Syraela
It has done nothing but make you grind longer to get concordance and this is a pain when you have alts.

But I have a proposal:

Since AK50 cap was nerfed to AK40, getting to Concordance of the Legionfall is harder to obtain on alts. I'm asking Blizz to at least meet us half way and buff the proc chance to get double AP on the final class hall trait Legionfall United to at least 50%.

This will make it easier for our alts to reach Concordance and also will maintain the tried and true RNG aspect of the game.
actually AK 40 is fine if you just want to get one point on Concordance . I'm at 61 trait on this char but still have time to get my prot war up to 52 trait
Let's step back and look at this honestly OP. What do your alts really need Concordance for? I mean really, what content are you doing where not having it means you can't complete it?

Are your alts raiding Mythic NH? If not, well, getting Concordance doesn't really matter that much to you, and definitely not to your alts who probably aren't doing anything harder than LFR or maybe normal mode raids. I could be wrong, if you're one of those people who plays and maintains 2 or 3 toons at quite a high level, then I guess this applies to you (but you've already likely got Concordance many times over on those types of characters if you're raiding regularly with them).

I can tell you firsthand that my DH alt, sitting about 420M AP short of Concordance, so 1 point away, had no trouble whatsoever in a M +5 this past weekend. I'm quite certain I could've done Heroic NH easily if I had been so inclined, and definitely could've done higher than a +5 in Mythic dungeons, no problem at all.

So, again, why do you need to get Concordance faster on your alts?

Don't misunderstand me, I also want my character to grow in power, no question, everyone does, but it isn't holding me back from doing really anything I want in game. I suspect that's the case for most people. Just enjoy the ride mate.

Also, roughly 2 days of playtime on the DH at 110, actually a bit less, put me at 887 ilevel and 1 point shy of Concordance. In less than about 60 hours of playing that character at max level, I'll be over 890 and definitely have a point in Concordance. That is extremely fast. Once you have a main at AK40, and especially now they implemented a rapid catch-up mechanic anyway, it's a cakewalk to level your weapon. Ridiculously fast. AK 50 isn't needed.
I don't know, you can get concordance from a brand new character to concordance with 2.2 billion artifact power.

At AK40 if you focus on high AP WQs I'd say even the most inefficient players could get 100 million AP per hour.

So it takes 22 hours to get your character to concordance 1.

Are we really trying to argue that 22 hours of playtime to effectively MAX out your character's weapon is simply too arduous? You don't even have to focus on AP to do this. I think it's reasonable to say 30 played hours without focusing AP is enough to get from 0-concordance.
I don't care about getting past concordance. My main issue is getting there.

I want to get to concordance because of the class hall rewards like pets, toys, mount skins depending class. I don't care about the buff itself.
06/19/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Syraela

I want to get to concordance because of the class hall rewards like pets, toys, mount skins depending class. I don't care about the buff itself.

Even at AK 40, it's ridiculously quick to get to concordance. Having to actually play your alt for more than 30 minutes isn't an unreasonable request.
I have three toons with concord, 4 more a few traits away. And i don't grind for ap. Why does everyone say legion is alt unfriendly? I can get 900 equip within a week of 110 easy
Because Blizzard already saw their target goal of people unlocking concordance of legionfall happening and we were only at AK37/38; therefore further levels of AK were not needed according to Blizzard analysts as their goal was only that the majority would unlock it by the time ToS opened and not that anyone would make significant progress beyond unlocking it.
06/19/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Dnaldtrump
I have three toons with concord, 4 more a few traits away. And i don't grind for ap. Why does everyone say legion is alt unfriendly? I can get 900 equip within a week of 110 easy

I'm actually doing that... just came back... hit 110 like 36 hours ago.

Yesterday made it up to 26 AK with 32 traits and an 875 ilvl with my 3rd relic not yet unlocked.

I dunno about any alts... but catching up to the point of being able to do ToS is definitely possible. I'll be 900 in a matter of days like you said.
06/19/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Dnaldtrump
? I can get 900 equip within a week of 110 easy

noob. i get 910+ within a day playing while i'm asleep
They don't want people to have 10+ levels in Concordance but it's too late because myself and most of my guildies are already halfway there.

That's why they started nerfing AP drops in raids.

With the exception of a few elite WQs that award a lot, we're all basically at AK level 25-30 again.
just do what 90% of the people I know are doing, get to concordance 1 and then consider that artifact done, it takes 10-15 points into it before you really notice a difference in your performance and as you know it would take months to get there, work on your off specs until they bump up AK again.
It's like the pruning, they don't actually have a reason for it, they just did it on a whim and later made up an excuse.
06/19/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Syraela

But I have a proposal:

because !@#$ you, thats why.

they also nerfed all the ap quests and ap from raids.

what the hell is the background of the lead devs? because it is clearly not a degree where math is important.
They don't want people leveling much past 60 traits or so, at least not for a long while.

So no AK50.
It took me like 5 days max to raise my outlaw weapon from 0 to concordance.
06/19/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Sparklehappy
06/19/2017 01:48 PMPosted by Syraela

Even at AK 40, it's ridiculously quick to get to concordance. Having to actually play your alt for more than 30 minutes isn't an unreasonable request.

i got plenty of toons which a play for only 30 minutes or less and i already got concordance example Matrakajones@lothar , Elbrujaso@lothar

i dont have it on this one, because even thought i created this toons earlier than my last 4 toons and leveled him as well, this have not reached AK40 and the other which were leveled weeks after this guy have reached ak40 a while ago.
06/19/2017 01:23 PMPosted by Primington
What do your alts really need Concordance for?

Pets , mount variations and toys ;)