You are all wrong.

General Discussion
Sorry for the vague title but the real title wouldn't fit.

Real title:
We were never able to play we wanted.

What are you guys talking about?

We never were able to play the way we wanted!

The new flying system, great. I don't like doing quests but at least getting flying is easier and I only have to do a little work on the side than hours upon hours.

I remember flying around a map, googling the most efficient routes to obtain ore to turn into bars so I can sell them in the AH and slowly make my way into making money.

Now I don't need to mine, which I hate I wish it was more relavent, but mining like that shouldn't have been necessary for flying, and the money I make by questing for flying I get to keep, as opposed to spend on flying. Mining like that should be for expensive mounts, for something rewarding, like an awesome mount, not flying.

At least now I'm not spending countless hours grinding for gold.

And AK and AP is a new feature, what's wrong with It? Did you guys know it takes only 3 hours now to get a scroll for AK, it's great I just recently maxed out my druid and can't wait to do it on my alts. I get 1000mil+ AP per AP item. I can easily max out every item at 51, it's great and I get traits to which is a nice reward so I'm only getting stronger.

WQs are amazing if I want to PvE, I get gold, OR, BoS, or armor. And I can also do it via PvP and now WPvP in the WQ is fun because there are so many different ways to do WPvP.

Oh you can also gear up by doing BGs or Dungeons.

I can also get almost everything from OH quests through the legion app, gold, armor, quests for good gear, honor.

You also used to need to PvE 99% of the time to get any of the cool mounts and pets.

Can't say transmog because transmog wasn't even out then but makes sense that if you want a PVP transmog you have to PVP.

Everything is completely more diverse. I feel like I only have to do a little of everything to get what i want than 100% of one thing, that I probably dont want to do to get something

Or what about toys? Transmog or toys didn't come out until cata and as far as I can remember you still had to put work into something you don't want to do to get something

So remind me where we were able to play the way we wanted, and not forced to do content to get something?
nope, you're the one that's wrong.
06/19/2017 10:24 AMPosted by Deathchix

That's for reading.../s

I see you here all the time and you're usually the first to post 99% of the time it's a smart snarky remark, why waste your time.

I'm here for actual discussion please.
I pictured the OP saying that as his gnome all hopped up on caffeine... like the squirrel from Hoodwinked.
06/19/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Sötétség
So remind me where we were able to play

This morning after I woke up. Right now too.

I am guessing this last sentence wasn't completed for some reason.
Is anyone else having a difficult time trying to extract what this guy is trying to say?
I'm assuming it's something along the lines of
"We have to do things we don't want to do, to get what we want."
06/19/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Shudder

Well, obviously aliens (sent by Blizz) swooped in and carried him off before he could finish his thou-
06/19/2017 10:33 AMPosted by Nythaeantha

Well, obviously aliens (sent by Blizz) swooped in and carried him off before he could finish his thou-

You might be on to som...
06/19/2017 10:21 AMPosted by Sötétség
So remind me where we were able to play

This morning after I woke up. Right now too.

Lol

You are correct, sir.
Leaving aside the grammatical errors and missing words, the OP is bang on.

You were never able to play the way you wanted to play. People making these kinds of posts... what are you talking about? You're playing a game that is designed from the ground up by Blizzard. It is literally not possible within the rules of the game to play any way that Blizzard didn't design into the game, ergo you are all playing Blizzard's way, as am I. Anything else doesn't make any sense.

Quit crying about being able to play "your way", what you really mean is, you don't personally like how Blizzard designed it or maybe changed it from what you were used to, and you want them to change it so it's the way you like.
Questing content used to be mostly leveling content. Now, it's primary content from beginning to end in an expansion and required to do for a number of worthwhile things in the game. For comparison,

- I used to be able to run battlegrounds to max level and get my flying mount. Not anymore.
- I used to be able to run dungeons to max-level and get my flying mount. Not anymore.
- I used to be able to grind reputations in a number of different ways. Not anymore.

Now, I'm not saying that having questing content from beginning to end in an expansion is a bad thing, it's not. Yes, there's a lot of good content to pursue. Just that in making it primary content, Blizzard took away some optional play styles for players who previously never bothered or never viewed questing as a primary activity.
I like crafting. The gathering comes as part of that in my opinion. I can mine the materials to ... oh wait. Some of the gathering upgrades are located in a dungeon. No problem, the crafting is the best part anyway. I can get the patterns to ... oh wait. The best patterns are obtained by running dungeons and even those that you need to advance your skill are found there.

No problem. I like following the stories and there are some interesting stories provided in Legion. In Highmountain I get to help cowfolk defend against a maniac with a hammer and finally ... oh wait. To confront that guy, and finish the story by the way, I have to go into a dungeon.

All right, well in Val'sharah we get to help Tyrande save the temple against a Dragonheart replica and then face down the satyr who ... oh wait. The satyr and probably Malfurion along with the rest of the story are in a dungeon.

Hmmm. How about Azsuna? Nope, the story and facing the big bad boss are finished in a dungeon. Well, there is still Stormheim. Nope. Dungeon.

Anyway I still have my class hall quests to do my way. What. Not only do my followers have to be higher ilevel to continue, they locked part of the story line inside a raid.

I think Surtay (that's pretty much how those foolish special characters are pronounced by the way) that the complaint isn't about playing "my way" but that everything is provided "one way."
Did the other thread about this get deleted? Or is this just an attention thing?
There is a topic about this already. No reason to make a second topic.
06/19/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Kheradin
Questing content used to be mostly leveling content. Now, it's primary content from beginning to end in an expansion and required to do for a number of worthwhile things in the game. For comparison,

- I used to be able to run battlegrounds to max level and get my flying mount. Not anymore.
- I used to be able to run dungeons to max-level and get my flying mount. Not anymore.
- I used to be able to grind reputations in a number of different ways. Not anymore.

Now, I'm not saying that having questing content from beginning to end in an expansion is a bad thing, it's not. Yes, there's a lot of good content to pursue. Just that in making it primary content, Blizzard took away some optional play styles for players who previously never bothered or never viewed questing as a primary activity.

Yeah I remember gaining more than half a level in bg weekends, but didn't regular bgs get a boost in exp? You get gear too as opposed to the past where you could go an entire bg weekend and end up doing a dungeon at the end and doing level 20 damage as level 40 lol
06/19/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Searik
I pictured the OP saying that as his gnome all hopped up on caffeine... like the squirrel from Hoodwinked.

I thought that was Hammy the Squirrel from Over the Hedge.
06/19/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Liaeatha
06/19/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Searik

I thought that was Hammy the Squirrel from Over the Hedge.

Possibly, mine might have been a chipmunk... they all kind of blend together after a bit
06/19/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Sötétség

That's for reading.../s

I see you here all the time and you're usually the first to post 99% of the time it's a smart snarky remark, why waste your time.

Fairly sure your name alone makes you wrong.
Being a gnome invalidates your opinion.

Haven't you ever seen Oxhorn's Gnome Song?
06/19/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Sötétség

That's for reading.../s

nah, you're here for validation.

and from looking at the title, you've made up your mind way before making this thread.