I miss WoW...

General Discussion
Yes, I miss WORLD of Warcraft,
Now it is broken isles of grindcraft...

Seriousely, why do all the things (quests, dungeons, bosses, pvp quests, assaults) happen in only the broken isles which is like 5% of wow.

I know that I am not the only one who misses old zones and cities that were very active in previous expansions. And the old dungeons too, I know they added timewalking but doing mythics in the old dungeons would be really cool.

Plus, I am getting bored fighting the same fel touched npcs all day.

Edit: no idea why some people are getting offended and upset, I guess they did not like the old zones and dungeons :(
It's almost as if broken isles was an expansion?!

Seriously though, where were you last 12 years. It's ALWAYS been like that...
Yeah, it would be interesting if some quests involved the vanilla zones:

Random Night elf: "Yeah, I know the legion is here, on the shore. But, our beautiful forest, Ashenvale, is also being attacked by these fools!"
I miss the Time Quest in Dun Morogh, It was stressful, but fun.

I know some people don't like to be stressed in Video Games so I would consider adding an option to do the quest without the timer.
I would like them to revamp the old world to make it relevant again. Like how they did with Cata.
06/20/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Abendroth

I think this exact same thing every time I see a "grindcraft" thread. These folks must have been playing some other game and just thought it was WoW. The grind is pretty close to nothing today compared to what it was in the past.

I think they seriously need to clean those rose-colored-glasses they never take off and a break would do them some good also. Maybe they'd stop being blinded by nostalgia.
You can go back into these old zones and do quest achievements if you haven't yet.
I do this from time to time when I'm in the mood and it feels nice to have a legion break while i enjoy my toon still
I have enjoyed Legion but it is true that the world is largely gone.

Part of what made classic WoW so great was the sheer size of Kalimdor and the EK and the relevancy of it all.

It would be wonderful if they added WQs to every pre-Legion zone and updated every dungeon to scale with us. Anything to get us into the world again.
While I miss the "old world" too (I make low lvls alts to enjoy those zones), every xpac except Cata, has had us on one continent.
This is one of the dumbest things I have seen this week.
It's always so nice when a class quest or something sends me to the fun WoW. I can fly again!
You know, you can always go back to the old world anytime you want right?

I sometimes like to hang out in Thunderbluff or Undercity and just chill in chat.

Sometimes I fly out to the Stormpeaks or Grizzly Hills and just hover on my flying mount, sitting back in my chair, and just listening to the music.

Sometimes I like to go rare hunting back on Pandaria. Such beautiful zones.

I guess my point is is that there doesn't have to be a quest or a gear upgrade tied to the old world to make you go back to it and still enjoy it. If you miss it, go visit it.
I like the idea of old school mythics, timewalking is cool but they should allow that for most of the old dungeons. I imagine upscaling or downscaling woulnt be too hard or time consuming to do
Chromie.
My favorite part of this expansion has been the old zones. The class quests are the best part. Level up each class and experience all the story-lines. Most of them involve throwbacks and travelling to old zones/dungeons. For the rogue quest line you get to go to Duskwood, Ravenholdt, etc.

It must have taken immense work to create 12 different story-lines, and the worst part is you don't get to experience all this unless you play alts. You don't get to experience it unless you level up every class.

I definitely feel you on the villains, though. I'm so sick of demons. The Scourge were by far the best villains to me. How many freaking times do we have to fight Archimonde? I hope he's dead for good.

Warcraft 3: Archimonde.
BC CoT Mount Hyjal: Archimonde
WoD: Archimonde
Legion druid class campaign: Archimonde

Dude is probably gonna be on Argus too.

Wrong,
back in wotlk I was all over the maps. Why? Because I did not have to 24/7 do "WORLD" quests ( they called them world quests? Not broken isles quests?). So I was free to cruise around and even group up with friends to invade alliance cities.

Now we are way too far to do thos activities because leaving the broken isles and WQ would make me feel like im not progressing in the game and wasting time instead.
People are waay too busy farming AP and mindlessly doing WQ to enjoy world pvp and other cool stuff that we can do in wow.
Every version of WoW has been a grindfest

Just it's gotten to be overkill lately.
06/20/2017 07:28 AMPosted by Raiyyn

I think this exact same thing every time I see a "grindcraft" thread. These folks must have been playing some other game and just thought it was WoW. The grind is pretty close to nothing today compared to what it was in the past.

I think they seriously need to clean those rose-colored-glasses they never take off and a break would do them some good also. Maybe they'd stop being blinded by nostalgia.

Normally I punt Gnomes, but for you:

/pat

It's always been like that isn't always a reason to keep it the same though.

I agree with OP and have suggested in the past that Blizzard use their phasing tech to employ some of the old zones and content as part of new expansion content. Take advantage of having a massive world out there Blizz!

No, I don't mean scaling quests to 110 so we can rehash them again, and no I don't mean timewalking dungeons and raids, though we're getting that anyway, I mean actually new content that takes place in older zones.

It's a good idea.
06/20/2017 07:21 AMPosted by Skillstorms
Seriousely, why do all the things (quests, dungeons, bosses, pvp quests, assaults) happen in only the broken isles which is like 5% of wow.

So, like Outland, Northrend, Pandaria and Draenor? Last time they tried to do the expansion in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms was in Cata and it really felt disjointed.