2 Hour Raids /w Lockouts

General Discussion
So was jus thinking that this entire expansion I haven't raided, or pvped much at all (other than LFR) due to life schedule (work, kids, wife, outdoors etc). My actual play hours has plummeted to all-time lows because of these things, which leaves me with very little hours to play the actual game. I'm sure many others are in my same boat.

This doesn't mean we don't enjoy logging into the game once in a while to kill some time and enjoy the expansion, however the problem is that raiding in general demands too much of a time commitment for the "casual" person. This may not be YOU, so if it isn't YOU, then feel free to disregard.

For those who can only log in for 2 straight hours at a time (which I'm sure the number of people out there in this situation is very high) I think it would be a wonderful thing if blizzard could implement some sort of raid lockout after 2 hours time. Maybe after 2 hours the lockout happens on the next boss kill or w/e. So raid for 2 hours then get locked for say 12 hours so you'd have to pick up the next night or w/e. Just keeps the hours to a single play in check so people don't get burned, or can have a life outside of wow yet still enjoy attending a raid.

This could be good for raiders in general to help curb burnout. I know years ago when I was a raider (prior to wife/kids) I had all the time in the world to raid and could easily spend 3-4 hours a night in a raid. Although I did also notice that after 2 hours into the raid I became bored and not nearly as focused and just kind of sluffed odd. So a 2 hour lockout could be great for raiders in that sense. It keeps raid night short and helps enable folks to be laser focused during that 2 hour raid.

I just think this sort of thing could be of great benefit to both casuals and raiders. Yes sure there will certainly be folks who are like "WTF DUDE I CAN RAID 4 HOURS NO PROBLEM"... and I agree. I used to be "that guy". Thankfully I do have a life outside of wow at this point and simply don't have the time to devote to the game any more.

I think raid participation would actually INCREASE if raiding was kept to 2 hours, such that busy folks would actually participate in raids knowing they can commit to 2 hours instead of a potential 4 hour marathon. Lot's of people don't bother raiding any more, due to lack of time available to commit.

Just a though. Some people would like it, obviously some won't. Would love to hear people's feedback though (good and bad).
you do realize outside of guild raiding your entire schedule is YOUR CHOICE,guild raids generally never do longer then 3 hours at best,mythic raiders go beyond that for world first progression,but other then that this is a fairly stupid idea. really stupid actually,because the person in charge of your raiding schedule,IS YOURSELF
Sorry, but no thanks. This is coming from someone who helps run a 2 night a week 2 hour a night raid group.

If you want that type of raiding set up, join a raid group like mine and accept that you're likely not going to progress as fast.
This is a stupid idea.

Why should people that can raid longer have to be locked out because of people like you, who can't? Join/Make a guild that only does that instead of trying to force everyone to play your way.
You're not the only person with a life outside of WoW...I am in school full time, I work full time, I have two kids, and a social life, the only time I play is when I raid. My kids go to bed at 8PM and raid starts at 8:45 this gives me time if there are any hiccups. My life does not suffer at all because I choose to raid. Some days I play some extra but not often. When I'm not max level? well what time i would be raiding is spent leveling. A 2 hour lockout is a terrible idea, just because you think it would be fun does not mean it won't affect others who are enjoying their current schedule.
Player base is at an all-time low. Heaven forbid trying something new to encourage more people to play....... Enjoy your remaining pixel time....
So you want parent control in your wow
My only thought on this is with the advent of cross-realm raiding, it's quite possible to do sort of as you suggest already. The hardest part is getting that initial foot in the door so you have achieves and can get future invites, but once you're into the raiding scene it's easy, you just join groups for as long as you can. People are constantly joining and leaving those things.
06/19/2017 11:19 AMPosted by Chickkilledu
Player base is at an all-time low. Heaven forbid trying something new to encourage more people to play....... Enjoy your remaining pixel time....

You say that, but I'm not sure that would do that. You (and others) have the tools at your disposal to already achieve what you seek. You just have to use them.
Why in god's name would you think something like this would be a good idea?
06/19/2017 11:19 AMPosted by Chickkilledu
just when I thought you couldn't be any more dumb,you respond with this just because people don't agree with your completely stupid idea,you should have realized something like this would have been hard core flamed,even by a CASUAL sense this idea was stupid
Translation - Game with millions of players still, make sweeping changes to cater to me.
I had to quickly check if it was Sunday. This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen suggested.
Dictating when others can play is not a good idea in the least. My life isn't on the same schedule as your life so my ability to play should not be dictated by what's convenient for you.

You need to learn how to handle your time management on your own.
Create your own guild and make the schedule. if there are others out there with similar time constraints, or want a more laid back schedule, I'm sure you can fill a 10+ man group for heroic/normal.
06/19/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Chickkilledu
Thankfully I do have a life outside of wow at this point and simply don't have the time to devote to the game any more.

this idea is supreme cancer and this is coming from someone who used to raid 16 hours/wk., if not more, and enjoyed it (but now has a schedule that changes too much to commit)

why not start a 2 hr / night raid guild lmao?

p.s. go gym
For those who can only log in for 2 straight hours at a time (which I'm sure the number of people out there in this situation is very high) I think it would be a wonderful thing if blizzard could implement some sort of raid lockout after 2 hours time. Maybe after 2 hours the lockout happens on the next boss kill or w/e. So raid for 2 hours then get locked for say 12 hours so you'd have to pick up the next night or w/e. Just keeps the hours to a single play in check so people don't get burned, or can have a life outside of wow yet still enjoy attending a raid.

Sound like a good idea for an addon module that provides a timer. Then you can build your own group and play within the time you have available.
Is there a reason you felt the need to create the exact same thread in Dungeons and Raids?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20756825724

Shockingly, you aren't getting any support over there either.

I just think this sort of thing could be of great benefit to both casuals and raiders. Yes sure there will certainly be folks who are like "WTF DUDE I CAN RAID 4 HOURS NO PROBLEM"... and I agree. I used to be "that guy". Thankfully I do have a life outside of wow at this point and simply don't have the time to devote to the game any more.

Yes, because you and only you has a life/family/commitments outside the game and nobody who is able to actually manage their time more efficiently and that plays the game more than you has any such obligations.
No...

Sounds like you thought of something that might benefit you but gave no thought to how it would affect others. Don't suggest sweeping changes like this based only on the fact that you'd like them. It doesn't work.
There are already lots of more casual raid teams that only do two hours a night when they raid. I'm not sure why you think it would be good to force everyone onto this schedule, though.