Done with Toxic Mythic 10+

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
This is why you run with people you know...
I have to pug +10s and up because I outgear most of my guild and, well they're not interested/capable in things over +9 at best. It's hard to get invited sometimes cos, well the most oft-PM I get is "What Spec?" and yea I'm the underdog mainspec elemental. But, I proved myself to some and get invited often. I get my +10 chest every week. It's +15 to get the best chest now? This girl will readjust her tiara and motor through.
06/18/2017 01:19 PMPosted by Rastlin
You know what, to heck with it. I am GLAD the wretched developers buffed the mythics and jacked up the requirement for the best weekly chest from 10 to 15. I feel good because NOW I AM DONE WITH YOUR MYTHIC 10+ OR HIGHER BLIZZARD!

I healed a mythic ten and I am not going back for a while. Maybe never. Why? It was super toxic.

Here are the facts:

-We beat the timer. (Had almost 5 minutes left.)

-We had zero wipes on bosses. ZERO.

-We had three wipes on trash and occasional deaths here and there, including myself. And I am not going to assign "blame" for these wipes. Hey, I get it that the blame is ALWAYS ON THE HEALER.

I received several ignorant comments throughout the run, implying I did not understand mechanics, was a bad healer, was "brain dead" (when I died and didn't heal myself) and, my favorite, that I was "baked". (OK I did take a wrong turn running back that cost like an extra 10 seconds but I was stressed out.)

Hey, I get it that all wipes are, by definition, the healers fault even if they are chain pulling and not allowing me ever to get my mana back up. (No one in mythic tens or higher ever lets me get my mana.) Ever.

BUT WE NEVER WIPED ON BOSSES AND BEAT THE FREAKING TIMER. HANDILY.

I thought about leaving the group but I wanted to get the ten done for the loot chest.

Well, I have had it.

Next week we have to do a +15 for the (best) chest and NO WAY am I doing that.

It is just not worth it. High level mythics are not only OVERTUNED but TOXIC and the PUGS are full of cruel, ignorant, vile people who take joy in mocking and being cruel. And it wasn't just me. One of the DPS in our group was really getting verbally abused!

I am DONE with your mythics Blizzard.

Is that what you wanted?

Are you happy now?

Yea I gave up 2 weeks ago. Trying to find a group to complete a mythic 10+ is the most toxic, intolerable experience in this game too date.

Once of the most exciting features for me in Legion and it's dead to me now.

Why hasn't blizzard learned what their community is like? I knew the minute I read about the mythic + design how it was going to be problematic with this toxic community.

My failure rate for mythic 10+ is over 90%. And that time is completely lost. No kind of loot or progress of any kind. In fact, you lose money due to repair bills.

I thought the changes in 7.2.5 would help, but seems to actually have made it worse.

About to hang up my MMO career. Been playing since MUDs and EQ1 and just simply don't enjoy it anymore. Some friends of mine are even talking about firing up a new pencil and paper D&D campaign. The social experience in this game, and most online games, has become so intolerable.
06/19/2017 04:56 AMPosted by Vaedris

I've been playing this game since release... literally my first toon within 2 hours of the first server coming online.... and I've been in some of the largest guilds on some of the highest pop servers....

and I've never seen, at any time ever, a guild or server where you can find people you know willing to run the exact same dungeon you want to run at that moment at that time of day every single time you want to run something.

I get so tired of these 'find a guild' or 'only run with friends' rants. yea that's great if you wanna run 2 dungeons a week. If you wanna raid, you need to go thru much more content than that.
06/19/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Cörédûmp
You know what, to heck with it. I am GLAD the wretched developers buffed the mythics and jacked up the requirement for the best weekly chest from 10 to 15. I feel good because NOW I AM DONE WITH YOUR MYTHIC 10+ OR HIGHER BLIZZARD!

I healed a mythic ten and I am not going back for a while. Maybe never. Why? It was super toxic.

Here are the facts:

-We had three wipes on trash and occasional deaths here and there, including myself. And I am not going to assign "blame" for these wipes. Hey, I get it that the blame is ALWAYS ON THE HEALER.

I received several ignorant comments throughout the run, implying I did not understand mechanics, was a bad healer, was "brain dead" (when I died and didn't heal myself) and, my favorite, that I was "baked". (OK I did take a wrong turn running back that cost like an extra 10 seconds but I was stressed out.)

Hey, I get it that all wipes are, by definition, the healers fault even if they are chain pulling and not allowing me ever to get my mana back up. (No one in mythic tens or higher ever lets me get my mana.) Ever.

I thought about leaving the group but I wanted to get the ten done for the loot chest.

Well, I have had it.

It is just not worth it. High level mythics are not only OVERTUNED but TOXIC and the PUGS are full of cruel, ignorant, vile people who take joy in mocking and being cruel. And it wasn't just me. One of the DPS in our group was really getting verbally abused!

Is that what you wanted?

Are you happy now?

Yea I gave up 2 weeks ago. Trying to find a group to complete a mythic 10+ is the most toxic, intolerable experience in this game too date.

Why hasn't blizzard learned what their community is like? I knew the minute I read about the mythic + design how it was going to be problematic with this toxic community.

My failure rate for mythic 10+ is over 90%. And that time is completely lost. No kind of loot or progress of any kind. In fact, you lose money due to repair bills.

I thought the changes in 7.2.5 would help, but seems to actually have made it worse.

About to hang up my MMO career. Been playing since MUDs and EQ1 and just simply don't enjoy it anymore. Some friends of mine are even talking about firing up a new pencil and paper D&D campaign. The social experience in this game, and most online games, has become so intolerable.

thats strange, 95% of my groups go perfectly fine, have you ever thought YOU might be the problem as to why all your groups go sour?

06/19/2017 05:28 AMPosted by Cörédûmp
06/19/2017 04:56 AMPosted by Vaedris

I've been playing this game since release... literally my first toon within 2 hours of the first server coming online.... and I've been in some of the largest guilds on some of the highest pop servers....

and I've never seen, at any time ever, a guild or server where you can find people you know willing to run the exact same dungeon you want to run at that moment at that time of day every single time you want to run something.

I get so tired of these 'find a guild' or 'only run with friends' rants. yea that's great if you wanna run 2 dungeons a week. If you wanna raid, you need to go thru much more content than that.

I have friends/ guildies willing to run almsost 99% of the time, you should branch out and meet more ppl or join a more active guild.

Here are the facts:

Well, I have had it.

Is that what you wanted?

Are you happy now?

It's sad to see all these stories of people throwing in the towel on the high level mythic +'s.

Given the fact that they have buffed each level of mythic plus AND made it so you need a +15, they have put the reward just to far out of reach for folks.

I guess we will all be *forced* to do a +2 for the legendary upgrade. But running high level mythic plus's is done for many folks.

GG Blizz
06/19/2017 05:32 AMPosted by Kittymeowss

thats strange, 95% of my groups go perfectly fine, have you ever thought YOU might be the problem as to why all your groups go sour?

06/19/2017 05:28 AMPosted by Cörédûmp

I have friends/ guildies willing to run almsost 99% of the time, you should branch out and meet more ppl or join a more active guild.

There is always "that guy" that...

- never has any problems
- never has any lag
- never has this
- never has that

yada yada yada, blah blah blah.

Here are the facts:

Well, I have had it.

Is that what you wanted?

Are you happy now?

This is why I only run keys with friends and guildies.
06/19/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Cörédûmp
06/19/2017 05:32 AMPosted by Kittymeowss

There is always "that guy" that...

- never has any problems
- never has any lag
- never has this
- never has that

yada yada yada, blah blah blah.

Join an active guild, add good players, and you too can be "that guy"

Here are the facts:

Well, I have had it.

Is that what you wanted?

Are you happy now?

It is a problem Blizzard is 100% responsible for because of the game mechanic surrounding Mythic+ and the fact that they continue to support these elitist tool bags by enabling them with tools that constantly allows them to judge others. Until they fix the game mechanics and remove the capability of adds ons to judge others (in other words addons should only be able to access your own data) then this issue will never go away and WoW will probably get more toxic because hate breeds hate.

Rock on!

[/quote]

Why not make a quick macro telling the party to give you a few seconds for mana? Tanks sometimes fail to notice a healer's mana but a macro of you yelling "OOM... GIVE ME 5s" should do the trick.

Works on my healer every damn time. Sometimes I have to press it twice in a row to get noticed but never fails.

Here are the facts:

Well, I have had it.

Is that what you wanted?

Are you happy now?

Im really glad i wasnt the only one feeling this way after the changes to mythic + where all the sudden after one wipe or two or maybe three on trash pulls, bosses being done like usual...people just leave and dont care about finishing the run, not to mention the idiots who start pointing fingers, cursing and causing more drama for someone to leave. If it was toxic before, now the cancer is terminal with this concept sadly. :(
06/18/2017 05:37 PMPosted by Fatherlerou
I've been PUGging 8-12s all week and I only ran into one group with an overly toxic person

I don't get where everyone finds these people

They don't. It's a convenient narrative to prop up their point, they just don't realize it actually weakens it, so obviously BS.

In 12 years of playing WoW I have done, I'm certain, 1000's of dungeons, almost all of them PuG groups or partial PuG groups. I obviously don't know the actual count, but I suspect less than 10 or maybe 20 or so dungeons, lifetime, have been truly "toxic" groups, 1 or 2 a year, tops.

Anything else.... common denominator. If you're a player that constantly finds "toxic" groups, look in the mirror, friend.

Here are the facts:

Well, I have had it.

Is that what you wanted?

Are you happy now?

One of the main reasons why the LFD tool took a crap on the community aspect of the game hence rip guilds and rip needing one another/making long term friends in game. Is it convenient and good for people who don't care for social interaction? Sure. However, does it destroy/tarnish the MMORPG feel of the game? Well, the answer is pretty obvious.
Overzealous dps and bursting don't mix.
Let's get the toxic out of the way:
Dear Mr. Majere, you are not a mage. [tracy hickman and margaret weiss would be offended] :)

This thread may interest you.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754846375?page=1

Other than that, it was probably his time of the month. Let it go and move on.
I mean, 15s are totally doable right now....

You just need to do the affixes properly...99% of wipes this week is due to too many mobs on trash pulls dying causing the debuff to stack too high for healers to handle. Or people running up before letting healer top everyone off and get mana etc...

Pugs will be pugs. DPS often thinks they can zerg everything without caring.. Well, not this week.

Just remember, once people get Heroic / Normal ToS gear, 970 legendaries etc, the dungeons will be SIGNIFICANTLY easier.

You can't expect pugs to be super stars. I suggest making some friends and running with them. That way you build trust and know how each player does their thing.
M+ is now called "1 and done"

Why ever run more than 1 a week? Very little gear, as if it ever was all that great - it is for vendor gold and very little AP and then you add toxic players...no thanks.

1 and done for the week.
06/19/2017 07:21 AMPosted by Nuzow
M+ is now called "1 and done"

Why ever run more than 1 a week? Very little gear, as if it ever was all that great - it is for vendor gold and very little AP and then you add toxic players...no thanks.

1 and done for the week.

Right now, yes....Tomorrow? HELL NO...

Considering the gear ilvl increase and need for +15 for the week, people will be running them a lot. At least I will.

I need to farm the new ilvl Arcway/CoS set, Alot of relics will be upgrades, rings/neck and so on.
06/19/2017 06:17 AMPosted by Synthor

Here are the facts:

Well, I have had it.

Is that what you wanted?

Are you happy now?

It is a problem Blizzard is 100% responsible for because of the game mechanic surrounding Mythic+ and the fact that they continue to support these elitist tool bags by enabling them with tools that constantly allows them to judge others. Until they fix the game mechanics and remove the capability of adds ons to judge others (in other words addons should only be able to access your own data) then this issue will never go away and WoW will probably get more toxic because hate breeds hate.

Rock on!

I think that's an amazingly good idea.

Add ons that only give YOUR performance.

It would make it a lot harder for the BULLIES and the ELITISTS and that is a good thing. I bet it would be harder for Blizzard to overtune instances as well.

Why didn't I think of that!