So now Kiljaedan and Archimonde are dead

General Discussion
I don't know how to feel about this, the 2 huge threats of the legion, directly under Sargeras, are dead for good now.

I guess the burning legion will fall apart seeing as Sargeras needed them and the Eredar to keep the legion organized and whatnot.

I can't believe we actually killed both of them.
you cant believe we killed both of them? didn't we already killed them like 10 years ago? sunwell + mount hyjal in the burning crusade ?
06/21/2017 04:39 AMPosted by Spriestgodtk
sunwell

He was shoved back down the portal created at the Sunwell.
06/21/2017 05:05 AMPosted by Gannìcus
06/21/2017 04:39 AMPosted by Spriestgodtk
sunwell

He was shoved back down the portal created at the Sunwell.

just like flushing a goldfish :D
We didn't kill Kil'jaeden, honestly. He didn't die in the Nether. Which actually opens up the possibility for his redemption when he rematerializes.

Archimonde, on the other hand, is almost certainly dead. He's the only major demon whose soul was killed in the Nether (assuming Mythic is canon, which it was for Mar'gok, Heroic Garrosh, and Heroic Ragnaros), unless Blizzard retconned that whole thing.
Who said Kiljaedan is dead? He seems defeated, but not dead in the cinematic.
06/21/2017 05:08 AMPosted by Kaath

Yeah, lets bring him back a 3rd time because reasons!

He explodes. But a Demon Soul always persists unless the soul itself is destroyed in the Nether in which said soul is anchored.

This therefore means Archimonde (unless that was retconned), Highlord Kruul, and any demons that we killed in the Nether during the other class questlines are the only truly dead demons.
His ship was drenched in fel energy and within the twisting nether, Demons die under both those conditions. Archimonde is dead dead too since the portal that he died in front of saturated the land around it with energy right from the nether. And also in mythic you kill him in the twisting nether.

What....? Did you even watch the cinematic?
06/21/2017 05:10 AMPosted by Gerent
His ship was drenched in fel energy and within the twisting nether

The former is true. But he didn't die in the Twisting Nether, unless I missed something.

Therefore, Kil'jaeden can come back.
Is Argus in orbit of Azeroth now, or is there an indefinite rift in space between the two planets? Based on what I saw in the cinematic, the latter is more likely.
Merely a setback.
06/21/2017 05:13 AMPosted by Gormosh
Is Argus in orbit of Azeroth now, or is there an indefinite rift in space between the two planets? Based on what I saw in the cinematic, the latter is more likely.

Illidan opened up a gigantic rift in space between Azeroth and Argus.

So, ironically enough, we didn't go to Argus. Argus came to us.
I'm not sure why you are being downvoted this at all. Its a legit feeling, if you have been playing this game for a while those two felt like seriously legit bad dudes who always loomed in the shadows manipulating our fates. Now suddenly we find ourselves in a situation where we are finally in a direct conflict with the legion and were actually raiding and killing these guys. Of course it is just a game, and there are always bad guys lurking around every corner of the universe. But if you've been following Warcraft for sometime this certainly feels a bit surreal.
spoilers
06/21/2017 05:14 AMPosted by Dreadfury
06/21/2017 05:13 AMPosted by Gormosh

Illidan opened up a gigantic rift in space between Azeroth and Argus.

So, ironically enough, we didn't go to Argus. Argus came to us.

It would have been just as much fun to commandeer one of the Legion's disco ships and fly it to Argus methinks.
06/21/2017 05:12 AMPosted by Dreadfury
06/21/2017 05:10 AMPosted by Gerent
His ship was drenched in fel energy and within the twisting nether

The former is true. But he didn't die in the Twisting Nether, unless I missed something.

Therefore, Kil'jaeden can come back.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but a demon can permanently die outside of the Twisting Nether if the place they are killed is so saturated in fel or that the link between the Twisting Nether and outside of it is very thin. I think that Kil'jaden being in Argus's orbit would be one of the times where it can be considered so close to the Twisting Nether that he would die permanently.
If he stayed alive he would probably be a friendly npc instead because cut scene confession
im not too educated on the lore but do our characters and the guys like khadgar and co. know that demons dont die permanently when we kill them outside of the nether? like when we kill people and they die do they think its over or do they know that theyre just rematerializing in another world and get surprised when we run into them again later