Suggestion: Re Auction House

General Discussion
You know how some players can post hundreds of a single item, one by one? That is, the same player sells 200 Runecloths, and posts them one by one, so that we have to scroll through pages and pages in the AH to see other posters who posted Runecloth.

How about we have an option to collapse and expand items sold in single amounts or by the same poster?

That way, players can sell however much or little they want, in stacks or singles, and those of us who are interested in purchasing stacks instead of single items won't have to scroll through all that garbage to get to what we're actually after?

Everyone's happy.
Sort by rarity.

Everyone's happy, I guess.
Or have a filter by quantity.
Yes, I like the above ideas. It would save us a lot of time than having to sort through pages and pages of crap.

And those who would like the ability to scroll through crap can still do so if they choose.

Please make this happen, Blizz. Please and thank you.
You might want to consider a legal add on for this there are some in existence that make the AH much more bareable
06/29/2017 02:45 AMPosted by Eveyana
You know how some players can post hundreds of a single item, one by one? That is, the same player sells 200 Runecloths, and posts them one by one, so that we have to scroll through pages and pages in the AH to see other posters who posted Runecloth.

How about we have an option to collapse and expand items sold in single amounts or by the same poster?

That way, players can sell however much or little they want, in stacks or singles, and those of us who are interested in purchasing stacks instead of single items won't have to scroll through all that garbage to get to what we're actually after?

Everyone's happy.

They wouldn't post in singles, if people wouldn't buy in singles. And yes people with addons will buy every single one of those single postings if it is cheaper.
I sat in WoD and counted through 76 pages of one person posting singles. 76. pages. The loading screen for the AH was so laggy.

Gms said they were "working on it" when I asked about it in a ticket.

Soon™

Everyone's happy.

My UI has this option using the Auctionator add-on.
Add ons work great in game but anymore I do 99% of my auctioning via the app which as far as I know can't be modified. I would love to be able circumvent the endless one stacks.

Everyone's happy.

WoW has been around for a long time and they still make little improvements to their interface. It is unbelievable how new MNOs today come out with customizable interface and improve the interface over time without the need for any addons. Blizzard continues to make huge changes every expansion reinventing the game mechanics instead of taking some of their team and investing in quality of life improvements in the interface for the players. Not only interface but true player housing, customization of you character, gear tinting and so on, there is so much they could add that would add fun to the game.

Rock on!
06/29/2017 03:52 AMPosted by Antaluni
You might want to consider a legal add on for this there are some in existence that make the AH much more bareable

No. I wouldn't like for this to be an add-on. I'd prefer it to be in-game. Addons can sometimes affect the game or bug out or make things unnecessarily more complicated than they ought to be.

I'd like for this to be an in-game feature.
Yes this would be great!

I hate it when you're pages and pages in, and then you mean to click the "next" button but you slip up and click the "reset" button.

Sucks.
I always wanted an option to multi select items..just like a shopping cart process.

I pick 10 pieces of Runecloth, few Intell flasks, 2 pets, some crystals and gems.

Take me to order confirmation screen.

Everything checks out.
Click Purchase
Done.
Or ban whatever add on allows them to do that.

They are not manually doing this one at a time.
06/29/2017 06:32 AMPosted by Rastlin
Or ban whatever add on allows them to do that.

They are not manually doing this one at a time.

It's possible manually. Just select stack size 1 and quantity max.
06/29/2017 03:52 AMPosted by Antaluni

The issue i have with it is, even with an addon, it has to keep scanning when you want to buy them. If some a-hole decided to put up 5,000 felslate in singles it takes forever to buy anything as it has to keep scanning those 5,000 pieces.

I refuse to buy singles. i dont care if they are cheaper.
Fix: All of any item by a seller should go onto a "shelf", no limits on the number. Seller can change the shelf's price tag when adding items to it. (The price of all the items changes to match the new ones.)

Buyers can purchase as many as they need from the shelf, up to the bag stack size per purchase.

So, if I'm selling 10 stacks of Stonehide leather, it would appear as 2000 leather. If I add 200 more later, then the shelf shows 2200. Buyers can purchase from 1 to 200 in one go.

Technically, it wouldn't be an auction any more, since there would be no bidding.
I'm guessing the people who down voted me are the same people who are guilty of posting their stacks of 1000 mageweaves... one by one. >.>