Chronicle 3 to answer Kael'thas's defection

Story Forum
https://twitter.com/Burnzerker/status/874848108617895936
I.e. more details to make Illidan look like a bigger jerk.
Didn't Illidans book explain it as that he was bedazzled by Kiljaeden?
07/17/2017 01:05 PMPosted by Azsharin
Not really. That was kind of Illidan's worry - he makes a big deal about Kil'jaeden reading minds and worries it was a mistake to let Kael'thas be at the meeting. But it doesn't outright confirm the specifics.

The same book also said Illidan lost any information of Kael ever since Kael was sent to netherstorm long ago before TBC. He didn't know the whereabouts of Kael, he didn't know anything about Kael's attack towards Shattrath or Tempest Keep. He didn't even believe the rumor of Kael's betrayal, and thought he's already died fighting the Legion. How kind hearted our savor is.

Except in TBC. Kael was still 'close to Illidan', and Illidan even directly ordered Akama to kill Kael's Phoniex in the Tempest Keep so that he can give Kael some warning.

Illidan says: You disappoint me Akama. I wanted to question the treacherous worm myself! I'm beginning to question your allegiance, broken.

Akama says: But sire! You have misjudged my actions... I do have knowledge of one close to you who plans to betray you! It is that dog Kael'thas! He has allied with Kil'jaeden and intends to replace you as Lord of Outland!

Illidan says: I do not sense lies in your voice Akama. That Kael'thas would betray me does not come a big surprise. I'm not as oblivious as some would think. That one of your own was involved with him puts your loyalties into question.

Illidan says: Send your Ashtongue into Tempest Keep and slay his most prized possession, the phoenix known as Al'ar. I must know that you're not on his side. Do not think of betraying me, broken. We both know who owns your soul.

Akama says: It will be done, my lord.
07/17/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Taoqian
I think you and I will be friends.
07/17/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Shancaris

The same book also said Illidan lost any information of Kael ever since Kael was sent to netherstorm long ago before TBC. He didn't know the whereabouts of Kael, he didn't know anything about Kael's attack towards Shattrath or Tempest Keep. He didn't even believe the rumor of Kael's betrayal, and thought he's already died fighting the Legion. How kind hearted our savor is.

Except in TBC. Kael was still 'close to Illidan', and Illidan even directly ordered Akama to kill Kael's Phoniex in the Tempest Keep so that he can give Kael some warning.

Illidan says: You disappoint me Akama. I wanted to question the treacherous worm myself! I'm beginning to question your allegiance, broken.

Akama says: But sire! You have misjudged my actions... I do have knowledge of one close to you who plans to betray you! It is that dog Kael'thas! He has allied with Kil'jaeden and intends to replace you as Lord of Outland!

Illidan says: I do not sense lies in your voice Akama. That Kael'thas would betray me does not come a big surprise. I'm not as oblivious as some would think. That one of your own was involved with him puts your loyalties into question.

Illidan says: Send your Ashtongue into Tempest Keep and slay his most prized possession, the phoenix known as Al'ar. I must know that you're not on his side. Do not think of betraying me, broken. We both know who owns your soul.

Akama says: It will be done, my lord.

God damn Illidan you sent them to kill his PET?

Illidan never watched John Wick obviously.
Why Illidian can have a redemption story and Kael'Thas is doomed to being remembered as a traitor and scum!?
07/17/2017 07:18 PMPosted by Dariof
Why Illidian can have a redemption story and Kael'Thas is doomed to being remembered as a traitor and scum!?

Because it's merely a setback.

Because he is a traitor and scum. He attacked his own people in their capital, after he was done lying to them about Outland being the promised land.

One is Alliance the other is Horde.
07/17/2017 07:31 PMPosted by Durald

Woah, when did Illidan join the Horde???

I know, man... how can Blizzard keep holding the Horde down?! Lok'tar Ogar my mud-stained brother, this Alliance bias cannot continue...
07/17/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Taoqian

Hey now, they could Kael'thas the jerk.
Because Kael'Thas isn't as important to the story as many Blood Elf fan would like to believe.
07/17/2017 11:45 PMPosted by Cytriss
Because Kael'Thas isn't as important to the story as many Blood Elf fan would like to believe.
he is like many faction leaders, important to the story of the race, but not so much to world events.

He's important to the fans, and that's what matters.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757657812

07/17/2017 07:23 PMPosted by Kheldan

07/17/2017 07:36 PMPosted by Quard

Woah, when did Illidan join the Horde???

Mofo, the dwarves in this thread are making me laugh in real life.

07/19/2017 12:10 AMPosted by Splub
He's important to the fans, and that's what matters.

Is he though? I don't think obsessive lore nerds really represent the average fan. I try to talk to normal wow players all the time and half they time their answers are just, "What? Who? I started playing in WoD."
Because Kael'thas wasted his birthday redemption Naaru reigniting the Sunwell. Illidan saved his until now.
I feel like I'm going to absolutely hate this Chronicles then.

Well, not exactly. The real reason is because Blizzard didn't want to make him even more of a meme than he already was (The whole setback thing).

See?

07/19/2017 12:14 AMPosted by Gärithos
Is he though? I don't think obsessive lore nerds really represent the average fan. I try to talk to normal wow players all the time and half they time their answers are just, "What? Who? I started playing in WoD."

I'm almost positive that he was either as popular, or slightly less than Illidan. (Please, Blizzard, BRING HIM BACK)