7.3 PTR Feedback
I know that nobody knows because they are very broken at the moment, and this is just my own speculation, but could it be that Invasion Points are actually Public Dungeons? You know, similar to the pre-expansion invasions where you went into the zone, joined even if it was already in Stage 2, helped out to push the bar and killing the final boss in Stage 3? If this is the intention, then this thing would be awesome.
07/14/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Fugubar
Entered once, every 30 seconds, there's this obliteration attack where you have to move. Usually this means moving twice per fight.
Got to stage 2, where it was taking about 1 minute per linked pair of mobs. I asume it would have taken 40+ minutes to complete at the rate the bar was filling. Gave up.

Entered again to look at something, and this time there was a second player (Paladin tank I think) We cleared stage 2 slowly, but then it said to kill the boss, but there was no boss visible.
Pally went to the portal, where something kept killing me with a huge AOE, and at that point, I left. Whatever the reward is for completing it,. it just isn't worth the time and pain. Perhaps it it queued full 5-man parties only, it might be manageable, but with only 1-2, it's just not worth the time.
Unfortunately, it appears that completing this quest ("Where they Least Expect It.) is required to progress, since there are no others being offered. Sorry folks, but at the moment, I just can't go any further.

Make it 5 player minimum, or all non-elite mobs.

I would prefer 3 man personally so dps doesn't have to wait ages in queue. I went into the frost one and could solo the first part but the second no way but pretty sure 3 players could do.

Still trying to figure out where these fall into the scheme of things, still haven't be able to open up that new artifact thingy.
I've done 2 so far, ended up having to switch to tank to get er done, which means my dps was complete garbage. Luckily the end boss doesn't heal himself, so before I learned how deadly the fel spires popping out the the ground were very bad, stay away, kite kite kite, I died many times.

I also did the frost one, able to dps boss a little, then die to a humongous orb that becomes undodgeable, repeat many many times....win...or at least a draw thanks to the expensive repair.

I don't see having a lot of fun in these invasions....the rolling invasions we having going on now on live are perfect...do 5 (ish) open zones, then queue for 3 man, easy stuff, let's do more of that...but better rewards m'kay?
08/11/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Demonbryce
I don't see having a lot of fun in these invasions....the rolling invasions we having going on now on live are perfect...do 5 (ish) open zones, then queue for 3 man, easy stuff, let's do more of that...but better rewards m'kay?

I prefer if we could either just do the scenario or complete the WQs, doing both of them is a pain. So these new scenarios are fine for me.
08/16/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Vincenz
08/11/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Demonbryce

I prefer if we could either just do the scenario or complete the WQs, doing both of them is a pain. So these new scenarios are fine for me.

I have only been doing the WQ for the invasions because I didn't like the scenerios that went with them so I guess my fun part got removed and now I will just have the part I dislike.
TIL these aren't intended to be solo'd.

I wanted to unlock Greater Invasion Points to try and get a head start and see what was next but it turns out when you're all alone on the PTR and all you want to do is invasion points, means I have a lot of downtime in between killing mobs. I fully completed one of the marsh ones. I don't recall its name in its entirety but it was a bunch of the cyclopes surrounded by mages, etc. That one was easier than the one in Mac Aree with the Giant Eye dudes in P2(My knowledge of what I kill is very limited, I just kill things for the purple things that drop.) That one was quite a pain and the stage two requirement was up from the marsh one(5) to 8 mobs required.

From my experience as far, the marsh one is pretty solid, was able to solo without TOO much pain as a geared MM Hunter. I just got bored of the Giant Eye floaty dudes one because it was going to take me a lot longer to complete that one.

Maybe implement the group finder for invasions? If I knew it was a group activity, I wouldn't have tried to solo it but I should have known better. Incentive seems a little lacking and the amount of the reagent for the quest to unlock Greater Invasion Points seems about right, if grouped up. Doing it solo on the other hand would be painstakingly brutal.
I hope these aren't required for anything.. After dying in them about 50 times so far, I've given up until they come up with a group queuing system .
If they are required for 7.3 progression without fixes, then I'm done until the next expansion.

And, note that everyone getting slaughtered in these things are probably decked out in the vendor T21 gear.. Try these in your current gear, and it will probably be impossible to complete even phase 1 solo.
08/25/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Fugubar
I hope these aren't required for anything.. After dying in them about 50 times so far, I've given up until they come up with a group queuing system .
If they are required for 7.3 progression without fixes, then I'm done until the next expansion.

And, note that everyone getting slaughtered in these things are probably decked out in the vendor T21 gear.. Try these in your current gear, and it will probably be impossible to complete even phase 1 solo.

You are not supposed to solo them.
07/28/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Vincentiu
I know that nobody knows because they are very broken at the moment, and this is just my own speculation, but could it be that Invasion Points are actually Public Dungeons? You know, similar to the pre-expansion invasions where you went into the zone, joined even if it was already in Stage 2, helped out to push the bar and killing the final boss in Stage 3? If this is the intention, then this thing would be awesome.

They might be. I entered one, another player was there. We killed one thing, and ended up in stage 2, implying that it was partly done when I arrived.
Just my zero point zero two dollars' worth, but I find them thoroughly frustrating. You enter these things with a bunch of other players, but you are basically alone, and Cthulhu help you if you start taking damage, because those hit points are not coming back.

It would be nice if the scenarios automatically grouped us into a raid, so that healers, tanks, and DPS could work together more easily. As it is, so many of the larger mobs/bosses have such ridiculous AoE attacks that melee DPS is a suicide mission.
Is there a chance in the future that these will automatically add you to a party group like Ashran?
The idea is a nice one but the returns have me thinking I'm not going to bother when it comes to the lesser invasions.

I ran around doing 3 of them last night and the rewards were some AP, a few waystones (which I have NO idea what they're used for), and some unsullied leather gear at 880 ilvl.

For the running around to get to them and then the mass chaos of them, I don't think they'll be something i'm rushing out to do.

The Greater ones have the potential to drop 930 gear but most of that gear takes up a tier slot so really don't care about that either.

Nice idea. Poor execution.
09/07/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Aedrid
waystones (which I have NO idea what they're used for),
waystones are the currency to unlock the greater invasion portals.

The Greater ones have the potential to drop 930 gear but most of that gear takes up a tier slot so really don't care about that either.
Each greater invasion has a unique relic, it'll give you lots of opportunity to farm high relics (even though it's a very ineffective drop rate)
I would like to say that:
Invasion: Sangua is different comparing to others, it is too slow for players in gaining points during phase II, killing each minion only gains 1-2 points comparing to 4 points in other invasion points.
Therefore, when I see Invasion Point Sangua, I will automatically ignore it, because it is time-consuming and I can not get what's equal.

Also the boss who can stun a player for 6 sec will be a huge challenge for a small group of players (e.g. there are only 3 players, each stun will kill one of them)
09/07/2017 10:57 AMPosted by Midguard
waystones (which I have NO idea what they're used for),
waystones are the currency to unlock the greater invasion portals.

Each greater invasion has a unique relic, it'll give you lots of opportunity to farm high relics (even though it's a very ineffective drop rate)

Where do you see these unique relics? When I look in the adventure guide only two relics drop from Greater Invasion bosses and the two that drop for me are the two worst.

Also, how do you unlock the greater ones? I've seen nothing in Patch notes on how to do this. I'm capped on waystones .... what am I supposed to be doing with them?
We have a hotfix in the works to the way Argus Waystones work for the weekly quest, Invasion Onslaught. This will likely be live with your weekly resets next week (if all goes well).

Early in 7.3 PTR, Argus Waystones were a requirement to enter Greater Invasion Points. We removed that requirement after hearing great feedback on it in PTR testing, but retained the waystones for Invasion Onslaught. Now we’ve seen that after Invasion Points opened up, players have a lot of these stones left over with nothing to spend them on.

Therefore, the weekly quest Invasion Onslaught will be changed from 'collect 15 Argus Waystones' to 'complete 3 Invasion Points'. Argus Waystones will no longer be obtainable in the game, and any Argus Waystones on your character will be automatically converted into Veiled Argunite.

We hope this simplifies the quest and also stops our over-achieving ethereal currency collector from spamming your mailbox each day.

Again, we're working to hotfix this with weekly resets in each region starting on September 12.

Thank you for the feedback!
09/08/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Kaivax
Early in 7.3 PTR, Argus Waystones were a requirement to enter Greater Invasion Points. We removed that requirement after hearing great feedback on it in PTR testing, but retained the waystones for Invasion Onslaught. Now we’ve seen that after Invasion Points opened up, players have a lot of these stones left over with nothing to spend them on.

No, they're still required unless you've deployed a hotfix since last night. I tried to enter a Greater Invasion Point on this character while on the quest to collect 15 Argus Waystones and couldn't interact with the portal. I had to complete that quest before I could enter.
cool
Strange. I seem to be short of argus waystones.. How on earth do people have too many? Illidan charges me 15 every time I talk to him.
09/08/2017 01:16 PMPosted by Thugra
09/08/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Kaivax

No, they're still required unless you've deployed a hotfix since last night. I tried to enter a Greater Invasion Point on this character while on the quest to collect 15 Argus Waystones and couldn't interact with the portal. I had to complete that quest before I could enter.

Read what he said. He said the hotfix will likely be deployed with the next weekly reset