Your event has been poorly thought out.

General Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
I'm glad you can't queue for the raid, but lockouts should be the same as current raids. By boss, not by instance. People are stuck, unable to continue, because of collapsing raids and half-finished lockouts.

However small of a glimmer, there is hope.

07/11/2017 05:03 PMPosted by Ornyx
Just as a heads-up here: we've identified the root cause of the issue, but I don't have any further information regarding a fix or any ETA at the moment.

As always, I'll keep this thread up-to-date with the latest thing I hear.
I believe that's how it used to work. Isn't it just a blast from the past, guy?
07/11/2017 09:56 AMPosted by Dagrath

I wouldn't even mind out the archaic lock-out system if it was availabel for more than a week.
Yea. This lockout thing wasn't well thought out
07/11/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Ataraxias

I wouldn't even mind out the archaic lock-out system if it was availabel for more than a week.

It's only a week? You'd think they would not slap a lockout on this then. For the love of god I hope those warglaives are a 100% drop.

This I think is the big problem. I'm hearing if anyone in the group is saved, new people can't join or something? If that's the case, Blizz wants you to put a full 25 man group together and clear it in one one Fel swoop. Did...the average group even do BT in one night back in the day?
welcome to bc.

have fun.
07/11/2017 10:04 AMPosted by Annastasi
Yea. This lockout thing wasn't well thought out

Much of this expac wasn't well thought out. Guess we'll have to add this CF to the list.

All this really was is them testing their "entire game" scaling tech.

Overwrite certain parts without affecting others... starting with BT. Had nothing to do with being for the ones wanting TW raids, it's a convenient cover, and we fell for it.
07/11/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Naxius

Did...the average group even do BT in one night back in the day?
only organized guild groups did bt. "average groups" didn't do it at all.
07/11/2017 10:07 AMPosted by Deathchix
welcome to bc.

have fun.

Ain't "legacy" stuff grand? :)
I'm honestly curious is Blizz forgot instead of doing this on purpose. How long have the current devs been playing anyways?
But don't you all want to timewalk for the nostalgia? Welcome to TBC.
07/11/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Deathchix
07/11/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Naxius
...Did...the average group even do BT in one night back in the day?
only organized guild groups did bt. "average groups" didn't do it at all.

And even then, most organized groups were doing a full clear in one night. That of course is because to the insane amount of trash mobs lol!!
Thanks, Blizzard. Thank you so very much. I was really looking forward to this, too.
You [CENSORED].
07/11/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Dagrath

It's only a week? You'd think they would not slap a lockout on this then. For the love of god I hope those warglaives are a 100% drop.
The Warglaives don't drop. You get an achiev for killing Illidan in BT Timewalking and if any other character has the achiev for equipping both legendary warglaives from old BT, then your DH is automatically granted a transmog appearance.

Tweet from WarcraftDevs on how it works:
If you have the BC achievement on any character, you’ll get the DH-specific transmog appearance when you defeat TW Illidan on any character.
07/11/2017 10:10 AMPosted by Raiyyn
07/11/2017 10:07 AMPosted by Deathchix
welcome to bc.

have fun.

Ain't "legacy" stuff grand? :)
yeah, imagine the qq if they start vanilla/bc servers. nothing would even compare.
I thought it was supposed to be like that. Get your group together and be ready to finish it, no dropping out because of wipes, be prepared to spend a few hours in there. Treat it like a raid on LFR.

edit: There is a reason you plan ahead and set a day you are going to finish it with your guild and friends.
07/11/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Ataraxias
I'm glad you can't queue for the raid, but lockouts should be the same as current raids. By boss, not by instance. People are stuck, unable to continue, because of collapsing raids and half-finished lockouts.

Oh god, really? That's so dumb. Here I was excited about the event, and now as a currently guildless player I'm frightened to try to PuG it because if the group isn't perfect I'm pretty much not going to clear it now. Wonderful.

Frankly I didn't even realize that all the old instances weren't already working this way.

I guess the only real option is to start my own group and put insane requirements on it. I'm thinking "910+, must have an AoTC from the current expansion". That's the only real way. How often is BC timewalking up? It's like once every 2 months, isn't it?
It's not just for 1 week. Not sure why everyone keeps saying this.

Every time BC timewalking is up, timewalking BT will be available.