Your event has been poorly thought out.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 18 Next
07/11/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Beehivve
It's not just for 1 week. Not sure why everyone keeps saying this.

Every time BC timewalking is up, timewalking BT will be available.

My bad. 1 week out of every eight*

That's hardly any better.
07/11/2017 10:22 AMPosted by Quard
I guess the only real option is to start my own group and put insane requirements on it. I'm thinking "910+, must have an AoTC from the current expansion"

Good idea!

915+
Hand of Adal.
AoTC from last 3 tiers.
2600+ MMR
35+ points in fishing artifact

Should be a good filter... crap, I can't join my raid!

I will say it's amusing watching Trade chat right now lol
As someone who did clear BT back in the day...

No.

This was NOT how it worked. At all. If a new player joined then they would just join. They could not join another group's save iirc if you had, say, someone with a 3 lock out try to join a 5 cleared, they were stuck with their group's ID and could not join the 5.

But if you had a fresh, they would just be the only ones locked out. Freshies can join and come and go as they please. But locked people are the ones who got stuck.

This is just a coding jumble and I can only ASSUME that Blizzard is scrambling to fix itself. Pray for a hotfix later today guys.

:/
07/11/2017 09:56 AMPosted by Dagrath
I believe that's how it used to work. Isn't it just a blast from the past, guy?

LOL! you sadistic b@stard!
Yeah this sounds like software bugs. Similar to how new Kara was. Back in BC the raid locks basically worked like today's Mythic raid lockouts. If you had never downed any bosses in there this week you could join anyone's group.

But yeah this should function like today's lfr, normal, and heroic lockouts. Sounds bugged at least partially and hopefully it's not intended to be Mythic locked.

Raid lockouts don't span a month, they last a week. So it lasts for a week.

Next time it will also last for a week as well.

I think in order to do TW raids they will need to break them up into mini-raids. This isn't going to work in it's current form.

Timewalking's only up for a week at a time. The next chance to run BT will be October 17.
07/11/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Faisia
As someone who did clear BT back in the day...

No.

This was NOT how it worked. At all. If a new player joined then they would just join. They could not join another group's save iirc if you had, say, someone with a 3 lock out try to join a 5 cleared, they were stuck with their group's ID and could not join the 5.

But if you had a fresh, they would just be the only ones locked out. Freshies can join and come and go as they please. But locked people are the ones who got stuck.

This is just a coding jumble and I can only ASSUME that Blizzard is scrambling to fix itself. Pray for a hotfix later today guys.

:/

Yeah this.

Seedy players from guilds that were trying to progress on Kael sold or gave their lockouts to progression guilds that didn't need the first bosses anymore, screwing their guildmates over. The realm forum drama was fantastic!

But today they should be using the current lockout method, Blizzard knows a lot of groups will be formed in the LFG tool which is completely anonymous and that people will either troll in it or simply not be aware.
Thanks for the heads up, all.

I've forwarded this along to the development team and will circle back once I hear something on this topic.
07/11/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Ornyx

I've forwarded this along to the development team and will circle back once I hear something on this topic.

Well thank ya kindly ya wonderful blue goat.

Thank you, a lot of us would love to have the current lockout system for this. May your tea be extra stout today.

Thank you! Please, it's only a week long event. Even a loot lock seems harsh, let alone this crazy instance lock! Let us help our friends and play together!

Thank you

Thanks

Thank you Ornyx!
And I was recently told that Blizzard doesn't read the forums... All kinds of good things happening today!

Thanks.

This does beg another question though. Looking back and CoS and Karazhan, along with Arcway are you purposely designing this type of content for a few, or do you really want to encourage others to see it as well?

For years the developers have actively made a matchmaking system as a means to join content, why do things like this outside of that? It has the direct affect of what the intent is (if the intent is to get people into bigger guilds or more friends), it is yet another instance of people making the game for an audience that isn't as great as they think it is.
07/11/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Morgueart
The devs already know. They knew before they released it live.

Source?
07/11/2017 11:07 AMPosted by Bloodidan
07/11/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Morgueart
The devs already know. They knew before they released it live.

Source?

Don't ask a stupid question like that.

Every reputable software company has a QA process and Blizzard is no exception. To not know this is not only likely, it means they are not worthy of their positions.

They did know this and if they didn't it means they are incompetent. Either way, you don't need a source for that, use common sense.