Your event has been poorly thought out.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 18 Next
Just as a heads-up here: we've identified the root cause of the issue, but I don't have any further information regarding a fix or any ETA at the moment.

As always, I'll keep this thread up-to-date with the latest thing I hear.
07/11/2017 05:03 PMPosted by Ornyx
Just as a heads-up here: we've identified the root cause of the issue, but I don't have any further information regarding a fix or any ETA at the moment.

Thanks for always keeping us updated!

Any plans for an extension of, at the very least, Black Temple timewalking?
07/11/2017 05:01 PMPosted by Wolvigar
07/11/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Brøller
They fixed it <3

Source?

EDIT: Can't find anything on their twitter or a blue post here on the forums, assuming he was trolling.

I was locked and can't enter in, now i do... maybe they fixed?
07/11/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Brøller
07/11/2017 05:01 PMPosted by Wolvigar

Source?

EDIT: Can't find anything on their twitter or a blue post here on the forums, assuming he was trolling.

I was locked and can't enter in, now i do... maybe they fixed?

Its like we have a PTR for no reason. They might as well shut it down since basically all of the testing done anymore is done on live.
07/11/2017 05:11 PMPosted by Kori
Its like we have a PTR for no reason. They might as well shut it down since basically all of the testing done anymore is done on live.

Friend of mine told me yesterday they removed the ability to create premade max level characters.
clearly you were not prepared...
Too bad this was not tested on the PTR. Maybe the new RNG development program is at fault?
07/11/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Beehivve
It's not just for 1 week. Not sure why everyone keeps saying this.

Every time BC timewalking is up, timewalking BT will be available.

BC Timewalking is only up for 1 week every 4 months.

So when this week is up, that's it for a long time.

They announced months ago (or so I was told in these forums) that it was intentional that we were going to be forced to use the same type of lockout that has always been associated with that raid.

So the "root cause" of the issue is... bad planning?

Just a question/possible request given the lockout issue. If it appears that a fix could not be implemented till late this week, would there be a possibility of the devs allowing a bonus week of BT timewalking to allow us all a fair chance at getting gear with the updated lockout settings? To calrify, I'm not saying extend timewalking out another week, just a bonus raid timewalking week.
I mean, they could even extend the lockout so that people could still only loot it once. Just extend the event by however long it takes to fix the issue.

We told you folks it was bugged out. What I don't understand is why they won't explain the root cause. Is it too embarrassing to admit ancient lockouts from long ago were still flagged on folks accounts?

You guys need some serious hiring and get employees that know how to code. Also get some new folks for your QA dept. oh wait you fired them all? I did this when it was current content and have zero desire to tolerate the frustration of not being able to do it due to 'bugs' I mean you've had months now to get it right.

You can expect this to be low priority and the blizz version of 'soon' is when it'll be fixed.
The catered casuals. Ohhhh, if only you new breed played when wow was competitive.
My group got to Illidan when it fell apart. We had some pretty close attempts, but we couldn't get there.

I feel sick knowing I can't go back on that character, and my attempts at getting the appearance for my DH are limited to around 10. Sicker at the thought that reach run takes 2 hours, MINIMUM, start to finish. And sicker still to know that the next BC timewalking won't be until mid October.

I honestly feel like my chances of getting this appearance are slim to none. Because people don't know how to do the mechanics, it's nearly impossible backfill your group when people leave, and the lockout system literally leaves you out in the cold.

I lead that raid for 8 hours. I kept people together through Council wipes and fought Illidan for 5 whole hours, backfilling exclusively from the limited pool of my own server when we needed another tank or another healer. I played my heart out, and what did I get for it? Nothing. Not even another CHANCE to go back in and finish what I started.

I am so heartbroken right now, Blizzard.

Could you guys fix the warglaives sheath. It looks really bad compared to how the original sheath.
07/11/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Saelarin

As am I, Saelarin. As am I. Burning Crusade has always been my favorite Expansion. I've done Timewalks every time they came out. You can only imagine how happy I was when they announced that Black Temple would be available to Raid at its original level.

They made it sound so great, but like you, I got stuck on Illidan...and couldn't go back because of this...mess.

It's like I've been offered a delicious chocolate bar...then I unwrap it and find it covered with maggots.
07/11/2017 06:00 PMPosted by Velscar
07/11/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Saelarin

As am I, Saelarin. As am I. Burning Crusade has always been my favorite Expansion. I've done Timewalks every time they came out. You can only imagine how happy I was when they announced that Black Temple would be available to Raid at its original level.

They made it sound so great, but like you, I got stuck on Illidan...and couldn't go back because of this...mess.

It's like I've been offered a delicious chocolate bar...then I unwrap it and find it covered with maggots.
Nah, you get to bite in, so the maggots are inside.
i was pretty excited about this event. BT was a big thing for me and sunwell. My guild was #25 u.s. to kill KJ (i was present) and i was realm-first level 80 on my server at the time. So i was playing a lot all through that time. The night we killed Ilildan, we ran through the BT corridors playing final countdown (eye of the tiger?) on vent, haha.

So that is to say, i have healed all of BT, tanked all of BT, and dps'd all of BT at the time the content was relevant. So I was pretty excited about BT timewalking. But here's how my first run went.

I brought food/flasks/runes, I joined a group, we went slow so the RL could explain all the fights. Fine, right? Great. We get all the way to the trash packs after supremus. The tank pulls them where they are and on fear everybody pulls like 3 more packs there and we wipe.

Some of us, about 10 of the 25 that were there, took the port from olum coming back so we don't have to walk, right? We even had a warlock on the port side and we tried to summon the ones who were out of range. We got everyone a summon who wasn't there at our spot.

This RL and his four guildies in the group didn't port. They also didn't take their summons. i don't know if they didn't know about the port or if they didn't take it on purpose, but they actually ran all the way back from the beginning to the pack after supremus instead of porting via olum, then refused our summons.

Yes, we on the port side tried to start clearing packs so we could meet up again.
We got through two packs on our own. We had one more in between us and, just as we were pulling it, the four guildies and this RL left, which included both tanks.

i tried whispering him to find out why he bailed and it turns out he was angry because we had all ported, despite summons sent to him and everyone, and despite our clearing trash packs while he stood there, presumably complaining to his guildies.

So my shot on this character at BT is completely wasted because of this, i can only assume, emo kid. Are you telling me this is how you intended this to go? I cannot imagine it is. This is how it used to be, i am fully aware. The difference is that you have discouraged this sort of play for a very long time now.

If i had been able to queue this, i don't think it would be so bad because this person leaving would not have held up my gaming. This would not be a problem if i could just do the rest of it without these jerks.

So i am just not going through that disappointment again.
07/11/2017 05:39 PMPosted by Morgueart
We told you folks it was bugged out. What I don't understand is why they won't explain the root cause.

Probably because you don't need to know what it is so you can stop pretending you know better or that you're willing to put your money where your mouth is.