Your event has been poorly thought out.

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 18 Next
Am thinking we should have a partial lockout support group /hug
It's not even the biggest problem of the silly dungeon. The biggest problem is doing it on a character, and getting one piece of 900 loot after 3 hours of being in there.

I loved BT back in the day, but doing the entire place at once with the mounds of trash the place has(back when it was determined to be a good "pacing mechanism"), and getting maybe one upgrade to show for it? Oh but hey, I got 500 badges(plus like 10 off each boss), so that suddenly makes it worth it! Yeah, no. The place needs to have the trash cut in half, their health reduced by at least 50% so it doesn't take as long to complete the place, or the personal loot drop rate needs an increase. Was looking forward to doing this on multiple characters, it's just not worth the time.
07/11/2017 10:09 AMPosted by Deathchix
07/11/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Naxius
...Did...the average group even do BT in one night back in the day?
only organized guild groups did bt. "average groups" didn't do it at all.

Absolutely not took months
07/11/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Camenæ
Um?! It's been a few years but this is not how the old lockouts used to work in TBC either? Never has it been where new people just straight up can't join a partially-completed raid.

The old lockouts is just like how mythic lockouts work now. Except you didn't get asked if you will accept the lockout. You zone in, and if any boss had been killed by that group, then that just becomes your lockout for the week. But you CAN join a raid partway through.

The way BT is now is dumb.

What are you talking about we had new people join our BT raid because people left and you know what else?

I got my warglaives of Azzinoth
Plz Blz make this boss lockout. sucks to have only illidan left..... had my warglaives and everything ready
07/11/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Ataraxias
I'm glad you can't queue for the raid, but lockouts should be the same as current raids. By boss, not by instance. People are stuck, unable to continue, because of collapsing raids and half-finished lockouts.

[/quote]

I pugged it and cleared it in one two hour run, no voice comms, nothing.

We wiped a few times because some people had no idea what the hell they were doing. One person started the Akama Instance with all the trash. That was fun.

...Then again I had also built a TimeWalking Set and was doing a stable 13 to 16k DPS. So. -Shrug-
07/11/2017 05:13 PMPosted by Nuzow
Too bad this was not tested on the PTR. Maybe the new RNG development program is at fault?

Funny thing is, it WAS tested on the PTR. At the very least I saw quite a few DHs running around with the Warglaive T-Mog on the PTR last week (and... by quite a few I mean, like, 2, but regardless), meaning that SOMEONE had to have tested it at least once.
07/12/2017 01:03 AMPosted by Sherrimayim
07/11/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Ataraxias
I'm glad you can't queue for the raid, but lockouts should be the same as current raids. By boss, not by instance. People are stuck, unable to continue, because of collapsing raids and half-finished lockouts.

We wiped a few times because some people had no idea what the hell they were doing. One person started the Akama Instance with all the trash. That was fun.

...Then again I had also built a TimeWalking Set and was doing a stable 13 to 16k DPS. So. -Shrug-[/quote]

PuGs can still screw you over royally if you're unlucky. I was tanking one earlier and got blamed for pulling Reliquary when someone else did, and all I was doing was grabbing the aggro so the healers didn't die. The dictatorial raid assist swiftly gave me the merciless boot and completely screwed me over on this character. I was lucky enough to have had 2 DHs though, thankfully, so I still got it done.
Whahaaaaaaaa....
WHWAAAAAAAAAA!

That's what you all sound like...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/blackhand/mahvet/achievements/feats-of-strength
07/12/2017 01:21 AMPosted by Mahvet
Whahaaaaaaaa....
WHWAAAAAAAAAA!

That's what you all sound like...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/blackhand/mahvet/achievements/feats-of-strength

Wow, so much ePEEN. You're so hardcore you managed to bypass the bug that prevents anyone else from getting in.
07/11/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Beehivve
It's not just for 1 week. Not sure why everyone keeps saying this.

Every time BC timewalking is up, timewalking BT will be available.

Which means it isn't up for another 4+ months. So twice a year and 3 times next year is a good reason for people to be upset that it is bugged and has lock out rules like a mythic + dungeon. It isn't even locking people like raids did in BC, groups aren't able to reform with the same people currently if they have issues or don't finish all at once.

This also isn't how it was on the PTR so some sort of bug happened. Hopefully they fix it before the week is out. Seeing how the people that got burned by this are the ones that rushed to do it. It would be a shame if those most looking forward to this had to wait until November to do this.
07/11/2017 10:51 AMPosted by Ornyx
Thanks for the heads up, all.

I've forwarded this along to the development team and will circle back once I hear something on this topic.
WHILE YOUR AT IT! this topic has been broken for over 2 years now! and has been sent to the development team before. since Blizzcon 2015 to be exact when they released the item. IT'S STILL NOT FIXED!
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753716081

Might want to run that by the development team too, while your at it. It should be an easy fix. Because once more people get the item... it will explode just as much as the Black Temple timewalking.
07/12/2017 01:57 AMPosted by Bombero
07/11/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Beehivve
It's not just for 1 week. Not sure why everyone keeps saying this.

Every time BC timewalking is up, timewalking BT will be available.

Which means it isn't up for another 4+ months. So twice a year and 3 times next year
You might want to check your math there.
There's a TW dungeon up every 4 weeks the latest. They rotate gradually..
TBC > WotLK > Cata > MoP and then it starts over again.
That means there will be guaranteed 3 BT active per year.

Plus, i do get the idea that people want to see it, want to do it.
But, the event is really nothing you wanna do times and again.
Mog gear you get easier and more plentiful in solo runs.
The il 900 gear is for the most part inferior too, judging by the stats. If not outright useless like the weapons.
So, just chill out til the bug with the queue is fixed. You will be bored with the instance soon enough again.
07/12/2017 01:03 AMPosted by Sherrimayim

...Then again I had also built a TimeWalking Set and was doing a stable 13 to 16k DPS. So. -Shrug-

Same here, I thought it would be harder than it actually ended up being.
This is absolute horse !@#$

My group made it to Akama (barely) and one guy decided to pull all the trash. Group got unmotivated and started leaving. Now I'm stuck @ Akama, and can't join any groups to finish before the Time walking is up. I usually don't complain, but it really seems like Blizzard just says %^-* it when it comes to releasing content of any true quality anymore. Please enough with the d list, b-level, intern dev team. Like, Demon Hunter is your most played class atm, what in the hell made you think that this would be the best way to release a BT tw event where the main goal for most DH's was the xmog. Pathetic.
Finally managed to snag the Warglaive transmog by joining a "locked to Illidan" Raid Leader's group on a much weaker toon.

But it still feels like I shouldn't have had to, because frankly, it's unnecessarily tedious, if not practically impossible.

Totally feel for all the people still waiting on their Warglaives. I've been in the same boat, and the fact that you're now forced to queue with a random pug group locked to a particular boss really defeats the purpose of the old lockouts in the first place.
07/12/2017 06:07 AMPosted by Velscar
Finally managed to snag the Warglaive transmog by joining a "locked to Illidan" Raid Leader's group on a much weaker toon.

But it still feels like I shouldn't have had to, because frankly, it's unnecessarily tedious, if not practically impossible.

Totally feel for all the people still waiting on their Warglaives. I've been in the same boat, and the fact that you're now forced to queue with a random pug group locked to a particular boss really defeats the purpose of the old lockouts in the first place.

I think I was in one of the early groups with you on our full clear up to Illidan. Congrats on the glaives. So can I do the clear on another toon but get the appearance as long as I kill Illidan?
07/12/2017 06:19 AMPosted by Urzokk
So can I do the clear on another toon but get the appearance as long as I kill Illidan?

That is correct; the Achievement is Account-wide, but you also must have the original Achievement for looting both the Warglaives from Illidan in the original Raid.

Otherwise, yes; you can kill Illidan on virtually any character, get the Achievement, and thus be awarded with the Warglaives of Azzinoth for Transmogrification on your Demon Hunter (the reward listed under the Achieve literally reads, "DH Warglaives of Azzinoth Transmog").

Even so, it's sad that you're not so much allowed to do this as you are forced to if your Demon Hunter toon can't get through a full Raid due to pugging. It's literally the only way you can get the Glaives at this point: by running a fresh group with a lockout on Illidan yourself, or by running a fresh toon with a group led by someone who is locked out themselves.