Chronicles Vol. 3 releases March 28, 2018.

Story Forum
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/17/world-of-warcraft-chronicle-vol-3-coming-from-blizzard-and-dark-horse

What's most curious about this one is the charcater they chose for the Book's cover.

Tyrande? Why her? I mean it would be too obvious for it to be the Lich King or Illidan but still of all the characters to represent the Warcraft 3 era why her?

The book says its gonna go deeper into the backstories of Arthas, Jaina, and Illidan. Pretty much Warcraft 3. But I still wonder how far are they gonna go? My hope is at least as far as the Hour of Twilight Patch of Cataclysm.

Oh man I cannot wait to see what the Illustrations for the events of the Third War looks like.
World of Warcraft: Chronicle Vol. 3 can be pre-ordered here: http://amzn.to/2vurwKf
When was the last time you played Warcraft 3? The final campaign was the Nightelf one, and Tyrande was the main playable character, not Malfurion. This is before the expansion, I mean.

I just beat it again, and it's been a few years. Honestly she kind of seems like the main character. She's the one who awakens the druids and leads the Nightelves all the way to Hyjal.

It threw me off because I always remembered Malfurion as being the boss. But this latest time it definitely felt like Tyrande was in charge of saving the world.
Tyrande is the last person i thought would be on the cover, i was expecting arthas, especially since it goes up to cataclysm... maybe they are making tyrande much much more important like illidan suggests?
07/17/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Argronak
Tyrande? Why her? I mean it would be too obvious for it to be the Lich King or Illidan but still of all the characters to represent the Warcraft 3 era why her?
What if its an Explanation of the Time of The Long Vigil.

We need a new Canon for The Fourth War.
I hope argus is covered even if it is extremely brief.

Seems wierd to leave out the entire planet of lore especially since by the time the book comes out we will know what argus looks like plus the story in 7.3 so it wouldn't spoil us.
Honestly I would've thought Arthas!Lich King would've been the most logical character.

If, however, they wanted it to not be a human because they already used Medivh, thus the same logic for not using Thrall because they already used Gul'dan, then yeah Tyrande probably does make the most sense, though Malf in a close second.

Tyrande was the driving force behind the night elf's story in WCIII, her actions led to all the events, more or less. Her mission to fight the Legion led to her awakening the Druids and

Admittingly, by the final two or three missions, she was partially overshadowed by Furion. But her actions in freeing Illidan is the catalyst of the second elf campaign, and she's the focus of the nelf's finale mission.

07/17/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Argronak
Oh man I cannot wait to see what the Illustrations for the events of the Third War looks like

Honestly, most of the major events already have official artwork, I'm not sure what pictures they'll pick.

But perhaps they'll go for things not generally depictured in art, like Kael'thas destroying the Sunwell, or the Exodar crashing, now that's be cool to see.

07/17/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Estus
What if its an Explanation of the Time of The Long Vigil.

We got that already didn't we? There's even a part of Chronicles I called "The Long Vigil"

Plus, considering the events go from LotCs to Cataclysm, there probably won't be space for that.

07/17/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Estus
We need a new Canon for The Fourth War

Well we need it cleraed up anyway. Timeline is wonky.

Part of me hopes they just make Battle of the Undercity the start, since it was such an awesome moment of Wrath that everybody loved when it happened. Varian's declaration of war just went no where, plus I feel like it makes a better story start/end if it's Varian beginning the war in the throne room of a Horde leader, and ending the war in the throne room of a Horde leader.
i really want to see outland's map and post cata map, to see where kul'tiras is...
07/17/2017 08:19 AMPosted by Ximothy
LotCs to Cataclysm
Now.. is that Lotc to the beginning of Cataclysm or All of Cataclysm.
Now tyrande is going to stain my book collection...

Well could have been worse and been sylvanas.
07/17/2017 08:24 AMPosted by Bjoramier
How? Warcraft 3 Tyrande was best Tyrande Majority Vote.
07/17/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Estus
Now.. is that Lotc to the beginning of Cataclysm or All of Cataclysm

I think it was stated to be end.

https://twitter.com/Burnzerker/status/835956237636247552

"including" being the key word here.

07/17/2017 08:21 AMPosted by Bjoramier
i really want to see outland's map and post cata map, to see where kul'tiras is...

Well, we'll see the announcement of the next expansion before Chronicles III is released, so assuming Kul Tiras is in the next expansion, we'll probably already know where it is.
"including" being the key word here.
Kalimdor's Story might yet be Salvaged.
07/17/2017 08:27 AMPosted by Estus
07/17/2017 08:24 AMPosted by Bjoramier
How? Warcraft 3 Tyrande was best Tyrande Majority Vote.

For sure, but her being on the cover? Not so much.

There was plenty of better candidates to be on the cover mainly because this isn't just about warcraft 3.

So unless she has a huge huge role in the book (like gul'dan or medivh) i see it as a terrible cover.
Well, Tyrande is the one who made Illidan go crazy so...
If it's going from the end of BtDP all the way to Cata that kind of seems like a lot for one volume.
07/17/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Reignac
If it's going from the end of BtDP all the way to Cata that kind of seems like a lot for one volume.

They can go up to legion if they wanted, wod essentially could be one page long.

So i can see them easily going up to cata.
07/17/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Reignac

I think most of it is going to be WoW.

Considering the formatting style of the previous two, I actually can't imagine the Third War taking up even a third of the book. Some things from the game really wouldn't be hard to be written out plainly into a page. Like, take Eternity's End, the first two missions probably wouldn't even be a full page.

This is, after all, broad strokes of history. We aren't going to get little details of these events, though we may get to see new things that didn't appear in the games.

07/17/2017 08:38 AMPosted by Bjoramier
So unless she has a huge huge role in the book (like gul'dan or medivh) i see it as a terrible cover

Medivh did not play a huge huge role in Chronicles I. In fact, the bulk of his story was in Chronicles II, not the one he appeared on the cover on. At least Tyrande is relevent to the over all story of the book she appears on.

Honestly, Aman'thal or something would've been a better character to put on the cover of book one.
I made this one real quick; something like this would have made more sense imo.

https://i.gyazo.com/44e82989229c4fbeedc7f19d1dc8283a.png

Sorry if quality is bad, just quickly stitched it on for concept.
07/17/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Bjoramier
I made this one real quick; something like this would have made more sense imo.

https://i.gyazo.com/44e82989229c4fbeedc7f19d1dc8283a.png

Sorry if quality is bad, just quickly stitched it on for concept.

My guess they wanted to avoid using a race they already had used. So no human or orc.

But free choice, yeah Arthas probably would've been a more logical choice.