Chronicles Vol. 3 releases March 28, 2018.

Story Forum
07/17/2017 08:51 AMPosted by Ximothy
07/17/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Bjoramier
I made this one real quick; something like this would have made more sense imo.

https://i.gyazo.com/44e82989229c4fbeedc7f19d1dc8283a.png

Sorry if quality is bad, just quickly stitched it on for concept.

My guess they wanted to avoid using a race they already had used. So no human or orc.

But free choice, yeah Arthas probably would've been a more logical choice.

I am thankful they didn't use sylvanas, which let us be honest, they could have if they wanted to.
07/17/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Bjoramier
I am thankful they didn't use sylvanas, which let us be honest, they could have if they wanted to

I don't think she'd even be a contender, tbh.

I'd envision people like Thrall, Jaina, Kil'jaeden and the such being far more likely over her.

Hey, Kil'jaeden, there's another character they could've used! He's behind the engineering of the Scourge, the Frozen Throne War, and the events of TBC. He's been a decent choice too.
Wouldve been a good laugh if it was Archimonde gently caressing The World Tree.
07/17/2017 08:55 AMPosted by Ximothy
07/17/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Bjoramier
I am thankful they didn't use sylvanas, which let us be honest, they could have if they wanted to

I don't think she'd even be a contender, tbh.

I'd envision people like Thrall, Jaina, Kil'jaeden and the such being far more likely over her.

Hey, Kil'jaeden, there's another character they could've used! He's behind the engineering of the Scourge, the Frozen Throne War, and the events of TBC. He's been a decent choice too.

Sylvanas was a big enough character from wc3 through cata, but not a big contender for the cover.

The only way she would have been on it is because fanboys, luckily they didn't do it but tyrande is the lesser of two evils imo.
07/17/2017 09:27 AMPosted by Bjoramier
Sylvanas was a big enough character from wc3 through cata, but not a big contender for the cover.

Ehhh she appeared in six missions, out of like thirtyish missions.

I like Sylvanas and the Forsaken, but she simply doesn't carry the same importance that Tyrande does.
07/17/2017 09:33 AMPosted by Ximothy
07/17/2017 09:27 AMPosted by Bjoramier

Ehhh she appeared in six missions, out of like thirtyish missions.

I like Sylvanas and the Forsaken, but she simply doesn't carry the same importance that Tyrande does.

Pretty much this.

I still will be salty about having tyrande on the cover but at the end of the day it's just a cover.
Theres is Nothing Wrong with Tyrande, specifically in Warcraft 3. You seem to be treating her like someone dropped a plate of greens in front of you and said eat up.
07/17/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Estus
Theres is Nothing Wrong with Tyrande, specifically in Warcraft 3. You seem to be treating her like someone dropped a plate of greens in front of you and said eat up.

I mean, I think she's a good choice, but people don't have to like her.

Like, I'm really not sure why Medivh is the book cover of Chronicles I. Though, it works better if you look at the books as a series rather than individual.
07/17/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Estus

Tyrande is a pretty bad character in my opinion, not as bad as sylvanas or malfurion, but still not a good character imo.

Like i said earlier it's just a cover so it doesn't mean much, atleast the wc3 bits will be okay.
I am most curious how they are gonna tackle the Catacylsm part because lets just say Catacylsm has alot changed and cutout do poor development.

Like in the case there was supposed to be a quest chain in the Alliance side of the Twilight Highlands where you find out the Archbishop is a Twilight Cultist and you join with Varian to oust him.
07/17/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Argronak
Like in the case there was supposed to be a quest chain in the Alliance side of the Twilight Highlands where you find out the Archbishop is a Twilight Cultist and you join with Varian to oust him.

Yeah, that didn't happen. Benedictus' betrayal wasn't reveled until Hour of Twilight,
since it wouldn't make sense for him to have already been reveled.

Black Bishop / Major Samuelson replaced the role Benedictus played in that role.

Most cut things aren't likely to make it into Chronicles, since most cut things were outright replaced, rather than forgotten.

I'm personally hoping for more Zandalari stuff.
07/17/2017 10:22 AMPosted by Ximothy
07/17/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Argronak

Yeah, that didn't happen. Benedictus' betrayal wasn't reveled until Hour of Twilight,
since it wouldn't make sense for him to have already been reveled.

Black Bishop / Major Samuelson replaced the role Benedictus played in that role.

Most cut things aren't likely to make it into Chronicles, since most cut things were outright replaced, rather than forgotten.

I'm personally hoping for more Zandalari stuff.
Yeah, cut stuff rarely falls into the category of "it still happened you just didn't see it." More often it's "this was an early idea but we decided to go a different way."
Wonder if theyll detail what Stormwind was up to in Warcraft 3.
07/17/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Estus

"Unfortunately, a visiting Lordaeron noble told the royal court of Stormwind that the rumours and calls for help in fighting the undead, was actually a peasant revolt, and Terenas was apparently loying. The nobles found it to be more logical than undead.

Naturally, no attempts were made to actually verify this. This noble later turned out to be Deathwing or something."
07/17/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Ximothy
07/17/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Estus

"Unfortunately, a visiting Lordaeron noble told the royal court of Stormwind that the rumours and calls for help in fighting the undead, was actually a peasant revolt, and Terenas was apparently loying. The nobles found it to be more logical than undead.

Naturally, no attempts were made to actually verify this. This noble later turned out to be Deathwing or something."

Deathwing was responsible for Arthas's complexes as he did make Terenas compare Arthas unfavorably to Daval Prestor/Deathwing. Terenas inadvertently informed Arthas by accident that he only started feeling proud of Arthas when he became a Paladin.

Learning that Terenas was only proud of him recently(and not knowing the reason why) made Arthas feel like everyone was rejecting him to the point where he felt that the Light temporarily rejected him for some flaw.
07/17/2017 07:52 AMPosted by Argronak
Tyrande? Why her? I mean it would be too obvious for it to be the Lich King or Illidan but still of all the characters to represent the Warcraft 3 era why her?
Tyrande saved the world, literally we are playing this thanks to her. Also night elves sacrificed their immortality to win the third war, and Tyrande is the night elf leader.

07/17/2017 08:19 AMPosted by Ximothy
Tyrande was the driving force behind the night elf's story in WCIII, her actions led to all the events, more or less. Her mission to fight the Legion led to her awakening the Druids and
This, also she is who released Illidan from his prison.

THANKS BLIZZARD!!!

Would have been mad if it was another orc or human. Tyrande was the best choice imo.
Should have been Arthas. He's far more iconic and influential to the Warcraft 3 era.
So, they're just going to skip going over Argus and the origins of the eredar altogether then?
07/17/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Lena
So, they're just going to skip going over Argus and the origins of the eredar altogether then?

How are you shocked?
07/17/2017 01:46 PMPosted by Lena

How are you just now figuring this out. If Argus was going to be covered it would have been in Volume 1