Fire Mage advice for kil jaeden

Mage
HI guys,

I'm a fire mage 915 iLvl

So last night did a guild run. With my leggos ring of exodor, and sephuz. I come in around 8th on dps.

I'm trying to get the bracers and waist leggos but rng is not nice.

What other ways can I increase my dps for this fight? I have to soak as well and do mechanics so moving around isn't really great for my dps. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

I also do have thr leggos helm but that's mostly for the trash fights.

I do re-talent when doing the fight.
Depending on what classes were in 1-7 that's a pretty good spot to be in. Fire, while the best mage spec on kil'jaeden is still only around 15th in the dps classes on that fight.
07/14/2017 05:58 AMPosted by Nilrem
Depending on what classes were in 1-7 that's a pretty good spot to be in. Fire, while the best mage spec on kil'jaeden is still only around 15th in the dps classes on that fight.

The ones before me were mostly warlocks, demon hunter, elemental shamans.
If your group is AOE heavy, Fire isn't going to perform as well. You need to have the adds alive to really take advantage. I'd say mid-pack is just about right.

Things to optimize:
Shimmer, Shimmer, Shimmer. Avoid running as much as possible. This is especially true for the singularity that drops in the middle. If you blink just as you are reaching the peak of your arc, you'll land right back where you started and can keep dpsing.

If you must run, using a single scorch to get there faster isn't a bad idea.

For soaking, pick a corner of the room and hover there. You can always blink back into melee for an add spawn or beam soak if needed and it will minimize your movement.

Make sure you have charges of PF for add spawns. This should be pretty obvious. You want to cleave the crap out of them.

Be a meter !@#$%: This may or may not be best for the raid, but don't actually target the adds when they spawn. Use Combustion here if possible and just let Ignite and PF spread naturally. If you target swap you start working from a much weaker Ignite that, by the time you finish building it, is going to disappear because the add dies.

Personally, I still play Frost on KJ, but those things should help you out as Fire to look a little bit better on the meter.
Thanks Mageski for the advice.

The blinking and soaking position advice is very good. And yea for the adds, I was targeting them. So I'll cleave instead with PF.
Honestly speaking? Having the bracers and belt are probably going to make the biggest difference to your DPS. I know, it sucks to hear it, but Fire is probably one of the specs most dependent on their legendaries.

Do you have any other legendaries aside from the three you mentioned, though?
07/14/2017 03:11 PMPosted by Marriama
Honestly speaking? Having the bracers and belt are probably going to make the biggest difference to your DPS. I know, it sucks to hear it, but Fire is probably one of the specs most dependent on their legendaries.

Do you have any other legendaries aside from the three you mentioned, though?

I got the new shoulders and the cloak. I've been farming hard to more leggos, but my last one were the new shoulders.... rng doesn't like me lol
Dont feel bad I have 6 legendaries 54 fire / 52 frost / 52 arc still no bracers. Game straight up hates me
I've found fire the ideal spec to kite the orb in the last phase... shimmer & scorch sprint buffs make it easy.

If you have the belt you don't even lose dps doing it.