Weird people in WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
I made an orc female rogue back in Wrath. I was only level 2 when this level 3 orc male warrior ran up to me asking of I was a real girl. I said no and kept questing. And he kept following me. And following me. I figured maybe he would get bored and wander off eventually. Nope. He followed me all the way to Ashenvale. He was level 3 so he died a lot. He would res and find me every time. He would ask me if I was a girl the whole time, ask for my number, where I live. I never answered.

I deleted that orc female rogue. Haven't made a female character since.
I'm sure I'm on a couple of lists.

I've got herbalism/mining on my pandaren hunter and I frequently try to start discussions in general chat using only parts of herbs I'm gathering.

[hunter] Fjarn...?

It's fun when people join in. Kind of like watching Pikachus talk to each other.
07/13/2017 02:43 PMPosted by Starien

You and me both...
07/13/2017 02:46 PMPosted by Florence
07/13/2017 02:43 PMPosted by Starien

You and me both...

Same.
Hmm, let's see. Yes, Nixxia. Weirdest. <3

And the pacifist ogre in the zone next to BRM...Lunk? He's super weird but cute in a weird way. Spider-body-surfing?

Maximillian of Northshire is pretty wacko too. Too funny.
Some really desperate guy who thought I was his girlfriend just because I gave him free stuff. I was giving all the newbies in the starter zone free stuff... he also wasn't able to distinguish RP talk from real talk.
In my guild we have a really random cross section of society, we have two lawyers, a doctor, a couple of drug dealers and some stay at home mothers just to name a few lol
07/13/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Melithiria
I was giving all the newbies in the starter zone free stuff...

What a !@#$.
07/13/2017 02:39 PMPosted by Hramoun
I made an orc female rogue back in Wrath. I was only level 2 when this level 3 orc male warrior ran up to me asking of I was a real girl. I said no and kept questing. And he kept following me. And following me. I figured maybe he would get bored and wander off eventually. Nope. He followed me all the way to Ashenvale. He was level 3 so he died a lot. He would res and find me every time. He would ask me if I was a girl the whole time, ask for my number, where I live. I never answered.

Same kind of thing happened when I made a Draenei girl to do achievements Alliance side. Could've been your stalker. Hate to think there's more than one weirdo predator out there. /feign innocence

I deleted that draenei too. Next one I made was years later, a Death Knight. No weirdo stalkers got to that one.

I had a similar encounter. I made a human female paladin and was running to Stormwind after questing in Elwynn. Some human male max level came up to me and just whispered "are you a girl". I said yes, and he opened a trade window with me and gave me like 100 gold and then just left. Never said anything else to me, just flew off. I was so confused lol.
07/13/2017 02:08 PMPosted by Arcelia
What are some of the strangest people you've met in this game? Tell me your stories.

Hi, I'm the strangest person i've met in game
07/13/2017 02:08 PMPosted by Arcelia
What are some of the strangest people you've met in this game? Tell me your stories.
I'm pretty strange.

That happened to me back on the 3rd of this month, I had just started playing again and I hadn't played since Wotlk. I think I was in the big blood elf town(Silvermoon?) and these 2 guys started hitting on me in /say chat and I politely told them that I was a dude(which I am) and would like to be left alone to continue questing and for the next 15-20 minutes they followed me around making sexual advances and provocative offers. I quickly signed out and signed back in and they were gone.

That's the only weird thing I've ran into.
An old man who was actually an Ogre in disguise
This one guy was role playing his age to my grandma. Whipping up stories etc. She didn't know he wasn't telling her the truth. It was small talk and when she said her age he said he was in his 60's. Then when I was helping her on her toon he started up a convo with me. He didn't know it wasn't her. I said what's your age again and he gave me a different number. I told my grandma the guy was a liar to watch what she told him. Later on I put him on block. He was talking to her almost every single day and it was getting crazy and made her nervous. My grandma will be 84 next week. She's been playing wow for 12 years. She's made some good friends but she learned to be so careful.
I'm not sure it would be possible to meet anyone more weird than me. :)
07/13/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Wuz
A perfect example of dysfunctional diversity.

Excellent description of GD. Fits.
Technically didn't meet this person in WoW, but the strange things came out after we switched to WoW.

So back in the day I got my MMO start with Star Wars Galaxies. Eventually I became the website manager of a Player Association (guild) that I really liked and considered several members to be friends. Two members in particular I frequently talked with outside the game via AIM, and eventually​ the three of us made the jump to WoW.

Now, at some point during all this those two friends started e-dating (though she attempted to cyber with me a few times, something I was far too uncomfortable with to do). However, a few years down the road when our guild was attempting to progress in Ulduar the male friend, who was also our WoW guild leader, got suspicious of the female friend because she wouldn't meet up in the real world even though they lived relatively close together, and after all this time she still would not talk on the phone or through voice chat, only through AIM and text messages. She would also answer and hang up without saying anything if he ever called.

So one day he gave me her cell number and asked me to call, I went to a pay phone and [drumroll] got a dude's voicemail! After a tense and awkward AIM conversation that night both friends quit WoW, the guild collapsed, and I haven't heard from either of them since.
None really in WoW.

Now EQ? /whistles....